Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Arcology 2070
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mauler
I admit I'm new to this, but I have done my best to get to know Shadowrun history.
Now what is the status of the Renraku Arcology in 2070?

Back on track?
Did everyone move back in and feels fine?
Any complications I should know about?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
John_Wicker

I admit I'm new to this, but I have done my best to get to know Shadowrun history.
Now what is the status of the Renraku Arcology in 2070?

That's a question I've had, as well. I know that at some point, the arcology situation was "resolved", except for that pesky AI not being really dead.

And I know that the pesky AI was involved in the second Matrix crash (but not exactly how since I'm at work and my SR4 book isn't).

But how was the arcology retaken? And when? Who did it?

In creating characters for my new campaign, none of my players have used the arcology as part of their background. Consequently, I'm gonna to have to make a couple of NPC's that do. I'd just like to have the details... smile.gif
SL James
May 2061.

There's a whole book about it. It's called Brainscan. Two of the authors are pimp-ass mofos. Another is Steve Kenson. If you expect me to say SK dragged down the book, you win a cookie.
Critias
I expect you to say SK dra--oh, nevermind. Just a cookie. Not worth it.
John_Wicker
There's a whole book about it. It's called Brainscan.

A whole book as in a novel, or a source book, or...?

See, I dropped out of Shadowrun for a while. I missed it, I just couldn't justify the expense to keep up when I was always moving around and couldn't keep a game together.

So if this was a silly question, please just make my death a painless one, since I'm still a target here smile.gif
Taran
Brainscan is a series of adventures, IIRC.
Mauler
Thanks for your replies.
I read Brainscan, and it kind of concludes the story arc of the Arcology.
But... That's why I started this thread, really.
Is everything back to normal now?
Are the Makeshisft Headquarters in Bellevue described in New Seattle moved back to Downtown?
Is the Arcology operating at full speed again or is it slowly rebuilding by 2070?
Any clue anyone?
SL James
Dude...

Where's the fun in it being anywhere close to "back to normal?"

I hope it's a partially bombed-out mess being fought over by a dozen different factions and actors - in the boardrooms, the courtrooms, and in the hallways and ducts. The Army, Renraku, insurgents, Otaku, Deus, and squatters. Oh, my!

Oh, wait. No. That's just what I'm sending a team of runners into in 2064.
winterhawk11
Given that the upcoming "Runner Havens" book will cover Seattle in depth (along with Hong Kong), I don't think I'd be giving anything away to say that the fate of the Arcology will be discussed there.
eidolon
On that note, is it safe to assume that when the new "location and situation" books are published (in the vein of New Seattle, Shadows of >>>, Etc), that the book will stick to the format of "tons of bitchin story stuff followed by a small section of easily ignored rules stuff that pertains to an edition that you may not play"?

If such is the case, and the ratio is decent, I may just have to buy some of the new books when they come out, after all.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (eidolon)
On that note, is it safe to assume that when the new "location and situation" books are published (in the vein of New Seattle, Shadows of >>>, Etc), that the book will stick to the format of "tons of bitchin story stuff followed by a small section of easily ignored rules stuff that pertains to an edition that you may not play"?

If such is the case, and the ratio is decent, I may just have to buy some of the new books when they come out, after all.

If I understand your question correctly to mean "Will I find the location books useful even if I don't play SR4?" then yes, you probably will. Obviously they're going to be heavily based in the 2070 SR4 time period/metaplot, but they're setting books, not rules books. They contain info about the settings (in Runner Havens' case 2 major and 4 minor) along with plot hooks and adventure ideas. They also include gamemaster advice for making other urban locales shadowrunner-friendly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012