Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Glimpse of 2075
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CeaDawg
Here's eBay Korea's impression of the future. It's their latest ad there.

http://youtube.com/w/Welcome-to-eBay?v=Ipz...ome%20to%20eBay
Dog
So it's one of those versions of the future where anything more than fifteen years old is torn apart and incinerated.... a little more Star Trek than Shadowrun, IMHO.

Cool guitar, though. Didn't Bill S. Preston have one of those?
Krotiez
You have to realize that after the Korean War, Seoul was in pretty bad shape and a flood of refugees from all over South Korea had fled to it. There was a huge population boom there. Huge. Buildings went up everywhere and even today there's constant renovation occuring.

Seoul has roughly 25% of South Korea's population. One out of every four men, women, and children live there.
PBTHHHHT
Depends on the city and such, course by then, for a place like NYC, I think too many of the buildings would qualify under the historic buildings preservation that you can't tear down too many of the buildings. wink.gif

I can see that with Seoul and any other cities that have been hit hard by strife. Oh, and some places like in Shanghai, they're constantly just throwing up buildings, so if a corp pays off the correct local official, yeah, you can get the building approval to put up new buildings and tear down the old stuff. lol.
Calvin Hobbes
I think the Historic Preservation LAws are kind of defunct by the time of Shadowrun. First of all, Canada and America have different limitations for what protects a building, so the law may have been rewritten, plus property belonging to a multinational coporation would be considered their extraterritorial property, which they can do what they like with.
eidolon
Um. That's not Korean. That's Chinese. (They're speaking Mandarin Chinese. The last line is something like "Welcome to Ebay, the site that ten thousand(something) people have recently discovered.")
CeaDawg
ShiNiKe & I discovered that after the initial post. The same ad is running in both countries. The best that we can tell, is that eBay China is the primary source for the eBay ad material in the Asian arena of the PacRim, and is dubbed locally.
eidolon
Quite possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012