Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corporate Security
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlacKat
I was wondering if there were any plans or thoughts about revisiting the old Corporate secuirty Guide or Lonestar book for 4th edition. Both books are still somewhat useful but with the large number of changes involving rigging, matrix use and general upgrades to weapons and armor, policies and procedures would change over time.

General corporate security forces and polices would have to upgrade and keep up with the technology curve, and I have yet to see a book or supplement that deals with this.

BlacKat
MK Ultra
Much stuff from these books had been reprinted and updated in New Seattle and SSG as well as the 3rd and 4th Edition core books. Much ofe the flavortext, as with other old books, did not reappear or was severly reduced in later incarnations of old books (which was in part a goot thing IMO, cuz the old sbīs were realy drawn out on descriptions and shadowtalk).
BlacKat
I was not too worried about the flavor text. It was more the policies and proceedures and new gear and special uses of old gear I was looking for. I was more looking for the things a corp would have set up and where and design principles surrounding the new technologies. The core books just give information on runner based applications. But nothing from a corp perspective. As the GM for the 2 groups I work with I found Corp Secuirty book to very useful for the design and special gear ideas.

BlacKat
MK Ultra
I must admit, I only fliped through LSSB and CSSB casually, so Iīm not sure if my impression is correct, but I think most of the rules have been adapted in the sbīs I mentioned (and probably will be in thair 4thEd equivalents, like runners heavens, too) and the "Running the Shadows" chapter or SR4.
SL James
Most of the rules in corpsec were redone in SOTA63, and to a lesser extent in SR4. However, either or both of those books provide quite a bit of good fluff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012