Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NAN] The Salish-Sidhe Council
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Reprisal
SR4 states that the Salish-Sidhe Council had annexed the Tsimshian territory after Mitsuhama left the lands, having successfully plundered its resources. What I'm wondering is if the aftermath will be covered in new sourcebooks, since I'm wondering if the Haida and other "second class" tribes from Tsimshian territory would be given seats on the Salish-Sidhe Council. I'm assuming as much, but I'm wondering if there's any other information out there that I haven't gotten to read yet.

I'm also wondering if the lack of help from the Sovereign Tribal Council has done anything concrete to push the SSC away from the whole unified NAN movement. Is there anything out there that says whether this is just a random tidbit or if it points toward the SSC embracing the Pacific Rim community more (Pacific Prosperity Group, and the like)...

I've access to SR4, SR3, SONA, New Seattle, old Seattle, NAN: Volume 1, and not much in terms of campaign books...

Is there anything out there that confirms my suspicions?
MK Ultra
There are some hints at the situation in Tsimshian in "System Failure". IIRC, while the Haida have taken political power, Tsimshian is a "protectorate" of the SSC. The SSC also presumably had some support from the Sioux Wild Cats in the conflict, so they donŽt seem to split from the NAN (not more then anybody else, that is).
Hope that helps.
SL James
The STC, and specifically the Sioux through Wildcat "military advisors" to SSC had been supporting SSC during the conflict, but didn't have the political capital or will to formally support SSC in a conflict against another NAN member, no matter how much other members disliked Tsimshian. If I'd have to guess, it was probably held up because the PCC had its own agenda it wanted to pursue (which comes to fruition in 2067).
PBTHHHHT
That's the impression I got, that Tsimshian has a new political group in power. STC didn't take it over, kinda more of making sure the new faction in power is more favorable to their southern neighbors. As SL mentioned, the Sioux provided 'military advisors', and presumably other NAN nations might have also given lesser aid to STC because many are fed up with Tsimshian's old policies. I think it's a bit political and for preventing precedence that one NAN nation outright took over another. They don't want that to start since it'll bring an additional bad precedent before the general NAN council. They want a more unified front for NAN. Especially with the recent worries before about those darn unificationists there are within UCAS, CAS, and possibly in the NAN's...
MK Ultra
But Tsimshian secceded from the NAN long ago! Otherwise, IŽd support this analysis. Even open political suport of a conflict with a non-NAN state, especially one heavily backed by an AAA is not to be adopted lightly.
PBTHHHHT
Dang, forgot about that part. Hmmm... I'll have to revise my analysis. Lol. ah well. It was good for what I remembered, except for that little problem. biggrin.gif

edit: Hmmm... maybe they want to make it so that Tsimshian will rejoin the fold of the NAN's? Kinda like a big 'Frag You' to all those who isolationists/folks who want might want to split off from NAN in other countries, and also a big middle finger to the corps, especially to mitsuhama?
MK Ultra
Good chance IŽd think.
fistandantilus4.0
I think of it like the U.S, invasion of Iraq, as in, there's someone there that can/could be a threat to them, in this case backed by the frequent battles betwween the two, so they invaded. They can't control the area them selves, so they orchestrate a regime change. The PPC supports the movement because they have designs of their own on getting some more land, and let someone else set precedent for them first for invasion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012