Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stats for Hang Gliders?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
drowdude
I was wondering if anyone had worked up some reasonable stats for hang gliders?
Solstice
Look at a vehicle called a "midnight" or something similar to that in Rigger 3. Then simply use that as a baseline to convert if need be.
drowdude
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am new to SR and dont have a back log of books, or a real understanding of how the previous system worked, heh
Lagomorph
off the top of my head, and never having hangglided before. I'd say the stats would be something like this:

Body 4 (size of a large drone)
Armor 0 (maybe 4 if you consider how little of the device is structural)
Pilot 0 (have to fly it yourself)
Accel 2/10
Speed 60

Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
QUOTE (Lagomorph)
off the top of my head, and never having hangglided before. I'd say the stats would be something like this:

Accel 2/10
Speed 60

Hmm, I wonder how one would handle damage between the pilot and the glider. Would one have to declare aiming for one or the other?

If I were doing that, I'd just go ahead and target the glider. Any real damage that thing takes is going to put the pilot into the ground hard enough to solve whatever problem you had with them.
Shrike30
If you're shooting up at the pilot from beneath, you hit the pilot. If you're shooting at it from above, you hit the glider (first). I can't imagine you'd want to armor the glider very much, as weight is a primary concern.

If you're shooting at the glider, well... unless you hit a structual part, you're going to punch a very small hole in some fabric. I'd not count it as armored, simply as a small target (since you can only score a good "hit" on things like struts, and they really don't take up that much space).
Lagomorph
enough holes in the fabric are eventually going to make the thing go from a 'glider' to a 'faller'
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Not to mention putting scattershot in that 8 gauge rifle.
That's how professional hunters of waterfowl used to make their living-firing one of those bad boys into a flock of ducks taking off. The 8 gauge was the most efficient way to execute this.

I would imagine using such a rifle against a glider would do awful things to it.
neko128
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)
QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Feb 7 2006, 04:06 PM)

Accel 2/10
Speed 60

Hmm, I wonder how one would handle damage between the pilot and the glider. Would one have to declare aiming for one or the other?

If I were doing that, I'd just go ahead and target the glider. Any real damage that thing takes is going to put the pilot into the ground hard enough to solve whatever problem you had with them.

Well, the SR4 rules specifically say that you must target either the driver/pilot or the vehicle. I don't see why you wouldn't just follow standard rules for this case; after all, it should be pretty similar to someone riding a bike.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012