Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using a body as a drone
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
weblife
In SR3 you had some cyberware that effectively turned you into a drone that could be remoted.

How can I replicate this in SR4?

Its within reason that a rigger, while "out" of his body, can still listen in through cyberears and see through his cybereyes, as these are connected to his PAN and doesn't deactivate as flesh eyes and ears would do.

From there, how much wiring is needed for the rigger to actually move his body?

Skillwires is described as completely overriding the users own skill and let him perform as the chip dictates. However, the user retains his free will, which suggests that skillwires alone does not confer the ability to move the body.

Cyberlimbs are connected to the PAN, and it could be argued that you can move them through that, why else the references to hacing someones cyberarm. If someone else can move my arm against my will, then surely I can move it though my PAN too?

Ok, to keep balance for walking you'd need both legs to be cyber, aswell as the torso. Once you're gone that far, toss in the arms aswell and finish with the skull. Ok... Now we're darth wader wannabae, and can remote ourselves around. Somewhere along the way we lost our humanity though.

Does anyone have interesting input to this train of thoughts? - How can you protect your rigger body, and move it, witout having to drop hot sim?

Is the electric wheelchair the only option? frown.gif
Brahm
Search for "horse AND rigger" in the last 6 months.
Lagomorph
I agree that a search is probably the best option.

But here's my take on it. If you have a full sim rig, that means you can transmit sim signals to a commlink. so you can get the data back, and that something like muscle replacement could be used to input commands to the body, using what I'd guess would be either a custom active soft, or a custom program in an implanted commlink. Once you have input and output, you're golden.

edit:
I should mention that my opinion of muscle replacement cyberware is different than that of the book. The book mentions grafting muscle on, this would be a bioware option. My take on muscle replacement is replacing muscles with hydraulics and smart metals that can bend or contract.
Cold-Dragon
I suspect the muscle replacement is a mix of synthetic tissue with some cyber stuff to make it appropriately cyberware. Othewise yeah, it'd make more sense as bioware.
neko128
QUOTE (Lagomorph)
edit:
I should mention that my opinion of muscle replacement cyberware is different than that of the book. The book mentions grafting muscle on, this would be a bioware option. My take on muscle replacement is replacing muscles with hydraulics and smart metals that can bend or contract.

To me, that's a cyber-limb. What makes muscle replacement cyberware and muscle aug/muscle toner bioware is that the first uses synthetic fibers to replace the muscles entirely, while the latter use biological strands of genetically modified muscle cells to augment existing muscles.
neko128
For my own part, to answer the original question, I'd say that a sim rig is good enough. If it can run active skills, I don't see why you couldn't create simulated "active skill commands" on the fly with the right software filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012