Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sig 556 on the way
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Arethusa
http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f...935/m/722107584

I must admit, I prefer the looks of the 552, but it's still pret-ty nif-ty, yeah.
Mr.Platinum
Now lets roll out the red carpet for the Gun nuts.

Let ThunderDome begin.

Kagetenshi
Who's that image from again? I think I forgot.

~J
Fix-it
I have doubts on the ergonomics of that forward grip. you'd get a lot of crap stuck in there. might make the grip kinda slippery.

Shrike30
I've been thinking about getting something cheaper to feed than the FAL...
FrostyNSO
I like how everyone is offering out their SCAR entries to the public now after FN won the contract. Good for us wink.gif

Does the muzzle break/flash hider (that model really does niether of those well, but that's another topic) look like it was put on cock-eyed? It looks upside down in one picture.

Oh, and hi everybody, just thought I'd pop my head in =)
Arethusa
That's how you put the muzzle brake on to show people you're really tough.
otomik
look at some of the other stuff at SHOT show
http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2006_2.htm
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2006/Da...y2/DSC07764.jpg

S&W .357Mag 8-shot tactical revolver with rails and other crap, fracking tacticool!
chamber it in .408 and put a xenon projector on it and you got william gibson's revolver.

Also notice the Steyr AUG in back in production in the USA!
Fix-it
heh. anyone see the civie version of the P90 yet? what a joke. I do wonder who will actually buy that thing.
Critias
Mmm. Sexy.
Stompy
Hm, while this new flavor of the Sig rifle might indeed be a fine gun, it escapes me what this has to do with the game of shadowrun.

This is a Shadowrun forum, and from what i can gather this rifle provides nothing useful for playing shadowrun.

I could understand if someone postet about a gun of inovative design or packed full of new technology, for inspirational purposes.
Now from my understanding of guns, the Sig 556 has neither. No new ammunition, no revolutionary recoil compensation, not even distinctive design, in fact nothing that hasn't be seen on some other gun before. It is a chimera of two already existing guns, one being 20, the other 40 years old and was designed for a traditionalist market.

The shadowrun source books already list their fair share of assault rifles that look and act like those we have already, in my opinion there is no inspiration to be gained from that link.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to discredit the work of the enginers at Swiss arms. It just bugs me as wrong to post the release of some new version of an item, most people playing shadowrun know already well enough. In the same spirit i could post about a new version of microwave, just because microwaves exist in the shadowrun world.

Arethusa
You must be new around here.
toturi
QUOTE (Arethusa)
You must be new around here.

Shhhh.... wait till he realises this thread is a spin-off of those "realism" gun threads. Can't wait for him to discover the Drop Bear and Horror threads. Now, those are moot threads.
Fix-it
Bwahahaha welcome newbie. vegm.gif
Critias
Ahh, c'mon. At least he was being polite about it when he saw a thread he didn't like. He could've just taken a poop in the corner, screamed at us to stop talking, and then tried to report the whole thing to the mods.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Fix-it)
heh. anyone see the civie version of the P90 yet? what a joke. I do wonder who will actually buy that thing.

I would if it didn't have that stupid extended barrel to it... all the more reason for folks to apply for a short barrel rifle license. Speaking of which, my friend and I went shooting today and his mp-5 has the shortened barrel. We're still waiting for his application to get through so he can make the rifle fully automatic. I'll have to start buying 1000 rounds for the shooting range instead of 300...

Speaking of which, have you seen the FS-2000?
Deamon_Knight
I really just want one of these:

Saiga-12K

www.saiga-12.com

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga12.shtml

love.gif

Now if I didn't also have the expensive RPG and Copmuter Hobbies
SL James
IZHMASH !!
Raygun
QUOTE (Arethusa)
http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f...935/m/722107584

I must admit, I prefer the looks of the 552, but it's still pret-ty nif-ty, yeah.

Bah. I already have an AR15. I want a semi-auto friggin' SG550. With a friggin' steel lower, that friggin' kick ass folding stock, and magazines that don't suck friggin' balls. Well, that or the 7.62x51mm version. That would be cool (not happening).

Speaking of 7.62x51mm, guess who has a JLD PTR-91 on order? (I love tax returns...)

That's how you put the muzzle brake on to show people you're really tough.

That's how the gangstas do it. Now we know SIG's true market.

QUOTE (Fix-it)

I'd buy one if it didn't amount to lube-free butt rape at $1,800+ a pop *cough*. It'd be awesome for blasting gophers. Good cartridge for it, huge mag, compact and good for slinging on the ATV... Could turn a section or two of grazing land into stinkville in no time. smile.gif

QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
I would if it didn't have that stupid extended barrel to it... all the more reason for folks to apply for a short barrel rifle license.

FN isn't ever going to sell it publicly that way, but it's not like you couldn't register it as an SBR and have it chopped. I'm sure you'll be seeing that service offered by gunsmiths far and wide fairly shortly.
nick012000
/me hates Aussie gun laws...

Fight gun control!
Kagetenshi
Control gunfights!

~J
nick012000
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Control gunfights!

~J

That was the reasoning behind the laws.

Some wacko lost it, took his rifle to a restaurant, and shot up about a dozen people. Next thing you know, there's this giant controversy, and virtually every gun that's less than 100 years old in design is banned (no semiautomatic firearms... sarcastic.gif ).
Arethusa
Curt golf go ninth? Cur, not golf night!
Fix-it
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Control gunfights!

~J

that just means using bursts, not rock an roll.

PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Raygun)
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
I would if it didn't have that stupid extended barrel to it... all the more reason for folks to apply for a short barrel rifle license.

FN isn't ever going to sell it publicly that way, but it's not like you couldn't register it as an SBR and have it chopped. I'm sure you'll be seeing that service offered by gunsmiths far and wide fairly shortly.

That's exactly what I meant, to go and get it chopped. My friend had gotten his license and then went and had his mp5's barrel chopped. At the range, I had to shoot with a slight adjustment to it at close range because the sights was still configured for the longer barrel.
otomik
this looks a lot better with a 16 inch barrel
http://www.impactguns.com/store/FN-FS2000.html
Raygun
Unfortunately, the price tag looks like shit.
Raygun
Updated the Steyr AUG page on my site.

Speaking of which, I hear they're putting AUGs together in Mississippi now. Wouldn't ming having one of those, so long as it wasn't more than about $1,200.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012