Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: The Fix is In
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
gobogen
"I'm not sure if it's the best environment, but it would work. I might just do it during the teams practice too. All I need is to see my target, and make sure that I'm not easily recognizable as a magic user. A crowd of fans would be perfect. I'll do this at the next team's practice (OOC: probably the next day)."

The Priest hates to describe himself as a magician but he knows that it's the only way shadowrunners will immediately understand what the hell he's talking about.
Silo
Thursday, January 23, 2070, 00:38 hours
The Safehouse

Freebird moves in to one of the bedrooms and shuts the door. Once inside, he rings up Smithe, an old Lone Star detective he has had dealings with in the past.
TinkerGnome
After a few rings, the comm comes alive.

"Detective Smithe."
Silo
"Smithe," Freebird starts, "its Free." He pauses for a couple of seconds. "I hope I am not disturbing you at this late hour, but I need some information that you might have or have access to. I don't have a lot to start with so I'll take anything. What can you find out about a guy named Morgan that is supposedly connected to the Mafia?" He pauses again this time reluctantly, "And, what will it cost me?"
TinkerGnome
There is a long pause. "Morgan you say. Know what he looks like? Lotsa guys are tied up in the mob."
Silo
"Sorry, but like I said, I don't have much info," replies Freebird. "I think he is a fixer if that'll help narrow it down a bit."

Freebird cracks the door to see if the rest of the runners are still in the safehouse or if they have left yet.

nick012000
Razorblade is still sitting on the couch, trying to seduce Fade, assuming the latter is still there.

If not, she'll just be sitting there, spacing out on a BTL prog until the bus comes.
HeySparky
Fade is disturbed to find Razorblade's scent intoxicating and... She squints at the woman, "Get off."

She leans forward and rubs her face with her hands, blinking hard several times. "We have schedule already, did we want something more detailed?" She scans the info again, "Say, here's an idea, the name of the company shepherding these guys around is here... Razor... think you could play tour guide and seduce..." the elf's hands are sliding up Fade's back, fingers crawling up her neck, it feels nice, she growls, "...seduce someone that's NOT ME."

She pushes Razorblade's hands off, sighing mentally as she imagines the days to come and that this would probably become a recurring theme. She purses her lips, "Hmmmm... if we hit him that night it would be too soon, I think. Razor, do you think you could ---KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF!" Fade gets up, taking herself out of range.

"Anyway, under cover as a tourguide, think you could you lay hooks into him, you know, get yourself invited out with the team, that sort of thing."
Oracle
"Possibly we should do the scouting in the morning. I'm starting to get tired...and I don't want to miss anything." BBO yawns...
TinkerGnome
The voice on the comm pauses for another minute. "I'll see what I can find out. Give me twenty-four."
Silo
Thursday, January 23, 2070, 00:44 hours
The Safehouse

"Thanks Smithe," Freebird says. "Just drop off any info to my box."

Freebird goes back out to the living room of the safe house.

"Well, here is the skinny," Freebird begins. "I think we were hired by a fixer named Morgan." He looks around the group to see if the name means anything to anyone.

"He has ties here and there. One of his ties is with Novatech. A quick search pulled up a little read about Novatech being involved in a Matrix gambling ring." He holds up his hands and shrugs, "Sounds like it might be a match. I've got some feelers out on Morgan, but won't know anything tonight."

He looks around to the whole group again. "Does this change anything?"
gobogen
"Good work, Freebird," The Priest replies. "Now we need to decide what we're doing tonight and tomorrow, which will probably include seperating at the beginning. Moving on to something that needs to be determined right now: who's going to be the leader of our group?

We obviously have trouble with decision-making as it is. I suggest that either Freebird or myself take the lead to make sure that things move forward. What do you guys think?"
Silo
Freebird replies, "I'm game either way preacher man, but I would like to hear from more than just you or I."
Oracle
"Well, I guess I am the only one with a knack for democratic decision-finding?" BBO grins. "I don't know you two. But none of you seems to be a total idiot. That means I could as well throw some dice to find out who to support...."

In fact many of the people I worked for where total idiots...damn, how did I manage to stay alive?
HeySparky
Fade notes BBO's yawn. Gonna be a long night for me.

Fade glances up at Priest when he talks about sorting out who would lead the group. "I say 'Bird." She nods her head toward the ork. No way I'm trusting my ass to that one. She squints at Priest. Squirelly.

"I'm afraid I'm not gonna be any good getting us into the AB game. I'm sorta..." she looks around the room and reconsiders elaborating. "...it's a long story. But I might be able to figure out who we need to talk to."

"You lot get some rest, I'll do some legwork. Recon if necessary."

She thought of the bed in the other room and sighed mentally, it was a shame she wouldn't need it for more than a few hours.
Silo
"I can definitely use a bit of rest," states Freebird.

I don't want to lead this rag tag bunch.

Freebird sighs...or maybe it was a yawn.

Oh well, I'll do whatever I have to do to get this job done.

"Let's get this recon going. See what happens tomorrow." He swivels his head around looking at the room he just made the calls in. "Anyone care if I crash in there?"
nick012000
Razorblade smirks.

"Only if you'll share the bed, big boy."
Oracle
BBO slowly shakes his head, looking from Razorblade to Freebird.

"I'll crash here too. Home is way to far away."
Silo
Freebird looks over at the young smooth-talker, "I'd prefer not to mix business with pleasure."

He looks back at the two rooms. "Since we don't have enough room, we can sleep in shifts." He pauses and cocks his head to the side.

"Razorblade, I thought you were going over to one of the hotels."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012