Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food Fight Revisited!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dissonance
My apologies if the idea has already been brought up, as my search-fu is weak tonight, but how long do you think it'll be until Food Fight is converted (and possibly upgraded) into a SR4 starter doodad?

I, for one, long for the days of a gang of motorcycle riding ninjas to come crashing through the front doors of a Wal-Mart.
Aku
I know slacker has already ran it in the forums as an SR 4 game.
Ryu
Will we get the slacker to write up the new scenario for us?
Aku
this is what he has to say on the subject ( he goes to work, but as far as i can tell never really does much, so i chat with him through aim, but he doesnt have access to DS there, thanks to it being blocked:

QUOTE (slacker)
well, i suppose i could do something, if i ever found the time; go ahead and post that I'd be willing to give anybody the stats for the gangers I converted over and the bitmap map I did, but I hadn't any plans to do a full write up of it; if there is a lot of interest in a full rewrite, I might do one;
Then ask if there are any suggestions for upgrading it. I added a hacker to the gang to give a player hacker an opponent, but it might seem a little out of place.
Nidhogg
I just made sure that all of the gangers rolled the same number of dice for all of thier skills. I used the first edition map, because it was more interesting, and changed some of the fluff a bit (shortened the gang's name to just 'Chillers', and gave them all a gang color of blue-on-white). I gave catcher a low Bod because he is described as being severly underwieght, and had him hopped up on novacoke, gave Static a high Str and put him on cram, put Slicer and Zany on kamikaze, Wiley was hopped up on deepweed, and Spike was on nothing- he just wandered around and slap-patched his team mates when they took damage. I gave them a Profesional Rating of 1, with a bonus 1 point of personal use only Edge because they were human. Needless to say, Catcher was the leader.
warrior_allanon
already recreated it, now if i could just get the stats back from my GM i would post them here.
emo samurai
How about we make a version of food fight that takes place in a mall? It'll be Mall Maul, and its name will only make sense if you read it! Mall security's there, but they should be easy for both the gangs and the runners.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (emo samurai)
How about we make a version of food fight that takes place in a mall? It'll be Mall Maul, and its name will only make sense if you read it! Mall security's there, but they should be easy for both the gangs and the runners.

Ah hell we'll replace the food with Zombies.
emo samurai
It'll be fun and multileveled. The hackers in the party could try to commandeer reshelver drones and crash them into people. That would solve the "hackers have nothing to do" problem.
Hasaku
Ghouls! Hmm...idea. Find a reason for the runners to head to a mall and leave most of their gear behind. Unleash a horde of ravenous ghouls on the premises for whatever reason (corp mind control experiment or your cliche of choice), and put the mall on lockdown. Watch the runners come up with interesting ways to kill them.

Wait, scratch that, watch the street sam pick his nose while the mage and adept slaughter everything in sight. The hacker can probably find a way to get in on it, too. Might be fun in a magic-light group. A sort of RA:S lite with a Shaun of the Dead vibe. Could be an entertaining one-off.
emo samurai
Again, the hackers could try spoofing the security on the reshelver drones, depending on whether you visualize them as flying things with rotors or gigantic fucking robo-arms. I say gigantic fucking robo-arms. Also, the street sam could have guns in his cyberarms.
Hasaku
Yeah, it would only really work with the right group. If you did it as a one-off, you could simply make up an appropriate group and pass out character sheets.
emo samurai
There could be a gun store in the mall, an Ares weapons-world. The samurai would be more well-armed than if he HAD relied on his home equipment. This could totally work, especiall if there were awesome robo-arms just arbitrarily there.
Hasaku
If we assume someone's arranged this whole thing as a sick game, we can also assume they've removed the easy solutions like the gun store. Or find a way to delay the acquistion of heavy firepower until the end, then unleash an armed up party on the cannibal hordes.
Drace
Or have the gangers attack while the sam is in the gun store, and the gangers are robbing it, have all the gangers, shoppers, employees, and random bystanders going in and grabbing guns and shooting at each other (makes me hope most stores don't actually keep ammo near any guns). Have the sam's teamates trying to fight in through a mob, as the sam tries to survive, while stilling trying to get some small pointless thing he needed (like a spare empty clip, or that new fancy hidden arm slide). Then depending on how powerfull the chars are, have ghouls living in the sewer system and grabbing the odd-kid attack seeing the carnage, causing a nice mexican standoff situation. Or if the group is more powerfull, have a master shedim from Threats 2 have found away to make the recently dead come back as minor shedims (would have to slightly altered to make weaker than reg shedim, so droves can be killed). Have the master die off early, but his spell doesn't stop (maybe creates a DZ, or a area-perm affect) so the group has to elimnate large hordes of shedim, and then when npc guards,gangsters,bystanders who joined with the team die, have them come back as shedim too, soo the group is always growing.

And that way, if a pc dies, he can come back as a shedim (lower int,will,cha(he is dead),agi,and increase str, bod, give them wound resistence, 1.5X bod health line) and the player can know kill his friends.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Drace)
Or have the gangers attack while the sam is in the gun store, and the gangers are robbing it, have all the gangers, shoppers, employees, and random bystanders going in and grabbing guns and shooting at each other (makes me hope most stores don't actually keep ammo near any guns). Have the sam's teamates trying to fight in through a mob, as the sam tries to survive, while stilling trying to get some small pointless thing he needed (like a spare empty clip, or that new fancy hidden arm slide). Then depending on how powerfull the chars are, have ghouls living in the sewer system and grabbing the odd-kid attack seeing the carnage, causing a nice mexican standoff situation. Or if the group is more powerfull, have a master shedim from Threats 2 have found away to make the recently dead come back as minor shedims (would have to slightly altered to make weaker than reg shedim, so droves can be killed). Have the master die off early, but his spell doesn't stop (maybe creates a DZ, or a area-perm affect) so the group has to elimnate large hordes of shedim, and then when npc guards,gangsters,bystanders who joined with the team die, have them come back as shedim too, soo the group is always growing.

And that way, if a pc dies, he can come back as a shedim (lower int,will,cha(he is dead),agi,and increase str, bod, give them wound resistence, 1.5X bod health line) and the player can know kill his friends.

Wow thats Far fetched but awsome.
neko128
QUOTE (Hasaku)
If we assume someone's arranged this whole thing as a sick game, we can also assume they've removed the easy solutions like the gun store. Or find a way to delay the acquistion of heavy firepower until the end, then unleash an armed up party on the cannibal hordes.

A way to neutralize the gun store... Like the security any similar type store HAS to have if they don't want to get robbed by every 2-bit thug?

Heck, it could be as simple as an encrypted electronic safety on every gun - they can't fire until the safety is released, and they're only release upon leaving the mall (and thus mall security radius) when directed by the store clerk.

That, and maybe a couple of ceiling-mounted miniguns to "discourage" robbery. Or just big-ass stun guns. Which, of course, were put on "automatic" when the crisis started.

This'd also give the hacker something to do. nyahnyah.gif
redwulf25_ci
QUOTE (Hasaku)
Ghouls! Hmm...idea. Find a reason for the runners to head to a mall and leave most of their gear behind. Unleash a horde of ravenous ghouls on the premises for whatever reason (corp mind control experiment or your cliche of choice), and put the mall on lockdown. Watch the runners come up with interesting ways to kill them.

Wait, scratch that, watch the street sam pick his nose while the mage and adept slaughter everything in sight. <SNIP>

Nah, the physads and spell slingers will be too busy contesting with the GHOUL physads and spell slingers (and maybe a spirit or twenty that the ghoul spell slingers called up).
emo samurai

That, and robo-arms. They don't have to be in the actual store; they could be in warehouses or something. They'll be a drone army! If the hacker wants to pilot several, he'll probably have to spend an extended test reprogramming the autosofts for combat.
emo samurai
I think I'll use that for my very first SR4 game, except instead of shedim or ghouls, it'll be force 3 bug spirits.
Mr.Platinum
Screw that, use gnomes that gotta beef with the characters Emo.
emo samurai
Why gnomes? Gnomes don't have that "Alien" vibe.
redwulf25_ci
QUOTE (emo samurai)

That, and robo-arms. They don't have to be in the actual store; they could be in warehouses or something. They'll be a drone army! If the hacker wants to pilot several, he'll probably have to spend an extended test reprogramming the autosofts for combat.

Don't forget Drone carts that carry around those patrons that for one reason or another have trouble walking (or who are just lazy) ramming should with those could be fun!
Rotbart van Dainig
Cleansing drones. Nothing is as much fun as attacking people with automated vacuum and steam jet cleaners. grinbig.gif
emo samurai
ROBO ARMS! ROBO ARMS! ROBO ARMS!!!
September
Here's how the samurai gets his weapons.

RANDOM BYPASSER: Aaaaaaaaahhhh!! We're under attack!

WEAPONS WORLD EMPLOYEE: Hey you! Guy we were about to arrest for being wired! Here's a White Knight, an Ingram, and some ammo! Go kill things!

SAMMY: Uh...thanks!
emo samurai
ROBO ARMS! ROBO ARMS! ROBO ARMS! Do you think the robo arms would be on tracks? And how much time do you think the decker'd have to devote to reprogramming them?
Bullet Raven
has anyone got a copy of the SR4 conversion of the ganger stats for Food Fight?

I sent a PM to slacker but haven't had a reply.

I could really do with this scenario for tomorrow night's session! helppp!

Cheers
emo samurai
Why don't you just make a bunch of weak-ass gangsters and be done with it?
Bullet Raven
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Why don't you just make a bunch of weak-ass gangsters and be done with it?

um............ because that would involve some kind of effort on my part?

I ran a cooler adventure, with GHOULS! yay!
Grinder
Pfff... Gangers... Ghouls 6 Shedim are much more fun!

And don't forget Drop Bears! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012