Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New SR-related Podcast
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2
Kender
Just a quick note to let y'all know that there is a new Podcast in town. The Screamsheet is a new 'cast dedicated to news and stuff in the Shadowrun 'verse.

Right now we've only pushed out a first episode - and I'll be honest. While it's not bad content-wise, the audio quality needs work. I'm commencing with the beatings and whippings to improve it before the next episode is released at the end of the month. smile.gif

First episode has a bit of rambling news from our very own Adam Jury, an interview with John Dunn - coordinator of Shadowrun Missions, and a short review of Stephen Kenson's novel "Born to Run".

Feel free to drop us some email with feedback, or post here.
Kender
Episode 2 has been posted to ITMS and direct link will be up on the site today.

This episode:

-Shadowrun News
-"Question of the Podcast"
- SR4 Character Generation Discussion
- Book Review: Poison Agendas

At least the sound quality is a ton better. Once our mixer comes in this week, it'll get even shinier.
Dashifen
Wow, this is a great idea. Downloading the second 'cast as we speak.
Kender
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Wow, this is a great idea.  Downloading the second 'cast as we speak.

Thanks. smile.gif I can't claim to be the first who had thought of this though, these guys did one before SR4 came out, but I didn't know that when I started ours. We're having fun though, and I guess that is what really counts. smile.gif
AJCarrington
Great stuff!! Any idea as to when the next one is due?

AJC
Kender
QUOTE (AJCarrington)
Great stuff!! Any idea as to when the next one is due?

AJC

Thank you! Our target is to release twice a month - on the 1st and the 15th.
AJCarrington
Thanks!!
Mardegun
Bravo guys. Anything that helps SR I am up for.

All in all thanks for doing all of this work.
Dashifen
"Do I have to pull this podcast over!?"

classic biggrin.gif
Kender
New episode of the podcast is up on ITMS and our webpage

Show notes:

First off, we apologize for CT's microphone. We know it sucked.
This podcast:
-News with Adam and Kender
-Question of the Podcast (Old and New)
-Interview with Moo
-Pirate's Book Review
-More Silliness

Yeah. I don't know what was wrong with me. My first guess would be.. ."a lot". But there you have it. smile.gif
Lindt
You interviewed Moo? THATS whats wrong with you. Nucking Futter!

Kender
QUOTE (Lindt)
You interviewed Moo? THATS whats wrong with you. Nucking Futter!

I know. He begged though!

It was kind of sad.
Ranneko
Great work.

I especially like the fact you actually used chapters, or bookmarks, whatever they are called.

I have only listened to one other podcast that seems to do that.
Kender
QUOTE (Ranneko)
Great work.

I especially like the fact you actually used chapters, or bookmarks, whatever they are called.

I have only listened to one other podcast that seems to do that.

I really don't know why people don't do it. It is really really easy to do. I should come up with some chapter-specific artwork sometime, but the basic Screamsheet logo works for now.

Thanks for the feedback. smile.gif
ludomastro
Having just gotten an iPod for the first time - yeah, I know I know - I downloaded all three podcasts and enjoyed them all. Keep up the good work!
Mardegun
Nice work! I enjoyed this podcast the most so far. They are getting better and better.

In regards to your show let me know if I can help. I don't have a lot of time, but if I can help I will. I don't think there is enough Shadowrun stuff out there, so kudos to you guys. I think I will even try to call in this week … lets see if it happens, no promises.

In any case let me list of couple of things I like about your podcast. In no particular order.

- I like the poll questions. Can you really go wrong with them? I always like getting people involved.
- I like the book reviews, but I always wish there was more info. I almost wish we could do sections as audio books … I got a guy who would love to do it. What about reviews of old books? Perhaps talk about how they relate to other cannon?
- Misc info on Shadowrun events. I like to hear about conventions anything else related to SR. My Con days are long behind me, so I enjoy living vicariously through others.
- Interview just like them. Even if I don't know the people involved.

Some suggestions you guys have probably already thought of.
- Why not try to do a trivia question?
- What about discussion of the rules? Perhaps you can clear some things up or just philosophy about them?
- What about adding a forum reviewer to the team? Have this person to scan the forums and talk about interesting posts? I am sure you guys have thought of this one.

All in all good stuff and I hope you guys continue.
-Mardegun
Dashifen
Kender: is the question of the podcast email address the same one as for the crew of the podcast?
Kender
QUOTE (Mardegun)
Nice work!  I enjoyed this podcast the most so far.  They are getting better and better.

Thanks a bunch! We love getting the feedback. smile.gif I'm gonna pass your suggestions on to the rest of the crew to chew over. Some good ones there!

QUOTE (Dashifen)
Kender:  is the question of the podcast email address the same one as for the crew of the podcast?

You can email your answers to the same address, yeah. thecrew@thescreamsheet.biz

Paul
QUOTE (Mardegun)
What about adding a forum reviewer to the team? Have this person to scan the forums and talk about interesting posts? I am sure you guys have thought of this one.

Woof, this is a double edged sword right here. On the one hand yeah I wouldn't mind seeing what the people who are "in the know" find interesting, and why-but on the other hand what I like varies so much from what many people here like, then add in the possibility of this being a socially aakward thing..and well I think they should pass on this.
Kender
Just as a note - Screamsheet Episode 3.42 has been uploaded. We're holding a contest! See the podcast for more details. *scurries off to play CoH*
Chrome Tiger
What is this place? A forum? *shudder*. I don't know why, but I have such an 'unnatural' feeling in forums. Even when I ran my own. Oh well, press on and hopefully I shall get use to it.

Anyway, yeah, the Podcast is pretty fun to do. Kender does all the grunt work. I just supply a voice and nifty recording thingies.

Just wanted to pop in and say 'Herro!"
Caine Hazen
Thanks guys... I obviously need to check up here more... but I saw Adam's LJ post aobut this today and decided to give them a listen. Nice work, and its improving as time goes on.

Oh and GenCon this year should top last years decidence... I mean, Moo will be there right? And it only goes downhill from there! rotfl.gif
Kender
QUOTE (Caine Hazen)
Thanks guys... I obviously need to check up here more... but I saw Adam's LJ post aobut this today and decided to give them a listen. Nice work, and its improving as time goes on.

Oh and GenCon this year should top last years decidence... I mean, Moo will be there right? And it only goes downhill from there! rotfl.gif

Thanks! Always nice to hear feedback (and doubly nice when it's good things. biggrin.gif ) about the 'cast. As always, next episode will be saturday, April 1.

GenCon's going to be fun this year. We have a lot of things planned.

*evil laughter*

And yeah. Moo. Umm... Yeah. smile.gif
Lindt
Oh come on, between Moo and Nigel, its a walking party. Or sitting party. Or a falling down party. Just depends on when people gather in the hotel lobby cafe' place.

Gonna miss ya'll this year =(
Kai
Caine commenting on Moo's craziness... Pot. Kettle. Black ;7 You're all effing nuts anyways, I should know, I've met most of you. No cons for me this year unless you're coming to DragonCon though, you'll just have to deal with the lack of runs gone horribly awry, terribly disappointing, I know wink.gif

--//[改]>
warrior_allanon
hope to see you at DC Kai, look for a guy walking around with a Rear admirals star and the nametag james "Wolfboy" Bostwick sporting either a Saratoga or Bataan cap
Kender
True, I guess it is kind of a party. If you add Bull it's even a weirder party. smile.gif

Oh, and episode 4 has been published.
Kai
I won't make DC if I'm not working, but being that its local, I could probably go if there was a good reason to. I cosplay anime yet the whole LotR/Star Wars/Star Trek thing at DC just kinda creeps me out for some unexplainable reason :7
Dashifen
Awesome. Used my email smile.gif. Next time I'll attach a recording if it's better for your guys smile.gif
Kender
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Awesome. Used my email smile.gif. Next time I'll attach a recording if it's better for your guys smile.gif

Either way. Hey, we got a real live female to read email. Figured it would help with the ratings. biggrin.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif
eidolon
Any chance of you guys posting an MP3 for those of us that don't want to buy Ipods?
Dashifen
Winamp can play the iTunes format, if I remember correctly. They have the files available for download on their website (in Kender's signature). Alternately, you can download iTunes for free just for the podcast. The 'casts I download never get onto my iPod because they're often quite a bit larger than a song (being a half hour or so of audio data) and they take up too much room. If you download iTunes from apple and subscribe to the podcast you'll, it'll automatically download new episodes (if you tell it to) and then you can use iTunes as the media player to listen to them, never needing an iPod or a portable device at all.
Kender
We have also talked about putting them out in mp3 format and what we might be doing is putting up just the current episode up in mp3 - to save space. We go through Libsyn for our syndication, so we don't want people to have the file propgate twice - but our web hosting is graciously donated - and don't want it molested too badly. Again, we're discussing it.

Alternately, you can do as Dashifen said - grab iTunes - and iTunes will also let you convert to mp3 as well. (Right click on the AAC file in the Library, and choose "Convert to mp3"
Dissonance
Also, the most recent version of Quicktime will also play them.
Dissonance
Hey, Kender, I just checked the site and there's a new episode description on the front page. But it's not up in the archive.

What gives?
Kender
Yeah, my bad. I didn't get CT the data he needed. Links are up now.
Kender
New Podcast is up!

This time around:

News from the Shadowrun world with Adam and Kender
Email on last podcast's QotP topic - electronic Shadowrun aids
Mail Call
Interview with Moo and Caz regarding the Origins Shadowrun Tournament

Also - we experimented with mp3 as a format. Here's the poop on it:

AAC File for this episode: 27mb
MP3 File for this episode: 77mb

Also with mp3 files, you lose all chapter markings, show notes, and artwork.

So that being said, we are releasing the AAC files - as normal - through ITMS and our RSS feed. If you want the mp3, you have to get it directly from our website - and due to bandwidth and storage we will NOT be archiving the mp3's. So if you want issue 6 on mp3 - you need to get it before May 15th - because that is when Issue 7 will be available on mp3, and so-on.

As always, feel free to email or voicemail us anything you want us to know, feedback, etc. You can reply here as well, but stuff here probably won't make it on the podcast. smile.gif

(Website is being updated this morning - so full show notes will be available soon.)
Mardegun
Anyone else having problems listening to the new podcast ... I am refering to the 5.15 podcast.
Kender
QUOTE (Mardegun)
Anyone else having problems listening to the new podcast ... I am refering to the 5.15 podcast.

What kinda problems? And the AAC or the MP3 version?
Mardegun
I am playing it directly from my itunes 6.0.42 version ... so I am not sure what formate is being used.

Other info
CD Driver 2.0.4.3
CD Driver DLL 2.0.3.2

Running on MS XP Pro with SP 2
Kender
QUOTE (Mardegun)
I am playing it directly from my itunes 6.0.42 version ... so I am not sure what formate is being used.

Other info
CD Driver 2.0.4.3
CD Driver DLL 2.0.3.2

Running on MS XP Pro with SP 2

Okay did it cut off at about 9 minutes before the end? I had another report of this, and unfortunately can't fix it til I get home tonight.

I'll make it a top priority when I get out of work.
Mardegun
Yeah the last 11 mins were cut out.
Kender
QUOTE (Mardegun)
Yeah the last 11 mins were cut out.

Okay, I am re-uploading a confirmed-full version now. You'll be able to get it through iTunes and such by deleting your old one and getting the new. Sorry about the trouble!

Should be up in about 10 minutes. (Slow-ass crappy cable upload speeds.)
Mardegun
Nothing so far

Nm, I just d/l it directly.
Kender
It's the same file - you just need to redownload it. iTunes will do it if you clear the file out of your podcast directory and then you can hit the "Get" button.
silvermain
episode 7 aac in the archive is linked to episode 6 aac. On another note what program are you using to record your podcasts with?
Kender
QUOTE (silvermain)
episode 7 aac in the archive is linked to episode 6 aac. On another note what program are you using to record your podcasts with?

Thanks for the bad link-news. It's been fixed.

I run my Audio Technica PRO10E mic through the Intelix 4001VC 4-channel mixer (CT has his own mic, I don't know what it is) into Audacity for basic recording, then we import the tracks into Garageband for the mixing and final production.
Kender
New Podcast episode has been released today.

Go forth and molest the bandwidth.
JM Hardy
Hey podcast guys:

Thanks for taking the time to read and review Drops of Corruption on the show. Sorry you didn't like it, but hey, it happens. I appreciate you giving it a shot.

Jason H.
Kender
QUOTE (JM Hardy)
Hey podcast guys:

Thanks for taking the time to read and review Drops of Corruption on the show. Sorry you didn't like it, but hey, it happens. I appreciate you giving it a shot.

Jason H.

Sorry, Jason - it's not that we didn't like it completely, it just seemed to be "there", as we said. Nothing really stellar - but like I said, it didn't *suck*, just didn't do anything for me. smile.gif

I know Pirate'll probably buy it anyway. smile.gif He's a collector like I am. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012