Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resonance Realms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
September
Other than being the throwaway carrot to make technomancers equivalent to mages, what are the Resonance Realms? What can you do there? Why would you even want to go there? Are they just some special chat-room for the submerged?
mintcar
I don't think so. I don't think you're likely to meet other technomancers in the resonance realms. They're the meta-planes of the matrix. Technomancers meet sprites there and experience a lot of wierd, unexplainable stuff that's proof to the player that their character is someone mysterious and interesting. Doesn't have to mean anything yet, just give them a acid trip adventure to keep the player guessing until we actually know something about the technos.
BlackHat
Oh, that's easy.

Its brain-damage.
Frackula
It's where your appliances go when they break.
MK Ultra
DEUS new Home/Prison wink.gif
Mr.Platinum
They may be of no interest to regualar deckers but a sourceof potential to TechnoMancers and old Otoku.
emo samurai
Speaking of weird places to go, what to metaplanes do? Seriously.
Brahm
As much as anything Resonance Realms and Dissonance Pools read to me as a state of mind that your persona symbolicly enters into.

EDIT I suppose that could be seen as brain damage, Blackhat. wink.gif

What do metaplanes do? They mostly just exist. Each is the native plane of a type of spirit or totem/mentor spirit. Because they are separate from the physical world it is open to speculation what constitutes this existance.

So in that aspect metaplanes are similar to Resonance Realms. But it is making a huge unwarrented leap to equate the two based solely on that superfical similarity.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (Brahm)
As much as anything Resonance Realms and Dissonance Pools read to me as a state of mind that your persona symbolicly enters into.

You might say that about Resonance Realms and "Dissonance Realms", but Dissonance Pools are the counterpart to Resonance Wells, which are moth actual hosts in the Matrix, that have a special "vibe". The letter ones are the Matrix-analogons to places of power with magic (stonehange, etc.), while the former ones as was correctly postet are possibly the Technomancers equivalent to the Magicians Metaplanes.
emo samurai
What do they do game-wise? Do they let you summon spirits more easily?
MK Ultra
To my knowledge, there have not been any rules for resonance realms in the previous editions yet (I´m sure they will be included in the unwired matrix sb).

Metaplanes had rules since first edition grimoir (or at least since 2nd Ed). Mages would undergo Qests on metaplanes, to get inspiration for metatechniques and new spell formulas, get a discount at spells or initiation, learn the true name of a free spirit, so that it could be enslaved or permanently destroyed, and it was nesecery in 2nd Edition to summon great spirits (more potent versions of the common spirits) via the invocation metamagical technique.
Brahm
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Feb 19 2006, 08:19 PM)
To my knowledge, there have not been any rules for resonance realms in the previous editions yet (I´m sure they will be included in the unwired matrix sb).

System Failure spoiler.
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012