Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Missions - Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MatrixMickey
Long Time Player - short time browser - first time poster here.

My question is the following, in the near to hundred books of Shadowrun I have at my finger tips, I am curious about some cyberware questions.

I have mostly played SRII and so far only took a few things from SR3 to play into my SRII home game. Now some friends would like to play the missions, and we thought we would start in SR3.

In SR3 the main book I have not found items such as Match Processors and Encephalon and such.

1) Did I miss it and if so what page?

2) Are these items from SRII still used in SR3, with the same Essence and Nuyen Cost? Or are only the items in the main book or a specific supplement allowed?

Thank you for your responses in advance.
tisoz
QUOTE (MatrixMickey)
In SR3 the main book I have not found items such as Match Processors and Encephalon and such.

No, they are not in the main book. They can be found in Man & Machine on page 21 and 20, respectively.

QUOTE (MatrixMickey)
2) Are these items from SRII still used in SR3, with the same Essence and Nuyen Cost? Or are only the items in the main book or a specific supplement allowed?

The Math SPU first appeared in Shadowtech. SR3 drops the level 4. But each level now gives a hacking pool die, or a die/level for the other things it was used for. (As opposed to the old level divided by 2.)

The encephalon's rules changed a bit. SR3 level 1 is pretty much the old level 2 only now the actual Intelligence bonus is gone, now it applies a +1 Intelligence bonus for learning or raising skills.

Encephalon Lev2, is like the old Lev2, except the cost is as much as the old Lev3. Again, the Intelligence boost only applies for learning skills.

The NSRCG has a brief explanation of these stats.
Aku
QUOTE (tisoz)

And, IMO even more importantly, also gives you the book & page for the details.
MatrixMickey
QUOTE (Aku @ Feb 18 2006, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (tisoz)

I am sure it is posted somewhere. Yet could some direct me to the correct URL?
MatrixMickey
QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (MatrixMickey)

No, they are not in the main book. They can be found in Man & Machine on page 21 and 20, respectively.

QUOTE (MatrixMickey)

The Math SPU first appeared in Shadowtech. SR3 drops the level 4. But each level now gives a hacking pool die, or a die/level for the other things it was used for. (As opposed to the old level divided by 2.)

The encephalon's rules changed a bit. SR3 level 1 is pretty much the old level 2 only now the actual Intelligence bonus is gone, now it applies a +1 Intelligence bonus for learning or raising skills.

Encephalon Lev2, is like the old Lev2, except the cost is as much as the old Lev3. Again, the Intelligence boost only applies for learning skills.

Thank you for the information.

I guess the problem with having some many books is knowing which one.

I might have to go from numerical on the shelf to version again.

Thanks! biggrin.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (MatrixMickey)
QUOTE (Aku @ Feb 18 2006, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (tisoz)

I am sure it is posted somewhere. Yet could some direct me to the correct URL?

NSRCG

The easy way to find it is go to dumpshock dot com and it is linked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012