Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Fran: What the Heck.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dissonance
Okay, so I've been flipping through SR4 for a while, and I noticed a very, very brief blurb on San Francisco.

Mainly, I saw that Saito's been given the boot. This was explained in all of, like, one sentence. Can anybody elaborate on the exact circumstances of his removal? It's a shame. I liked that area. It was polarized.

Furthermore, who among us thinks Cross is really dead?
DigitalSoul
On Saito: I can't say much without the high probability of being corrected by others with many more fluff books than I but the Ares Knight Errant platoons down (or was that up?) in Silicon Vally were instrumental in the victory.

On Cross: Well I would say it's really fraggin hard to survive a plane crash as they aren't too kind at all on the metahuman structure unless there is a power protecting him that is of a much higher magnitude than standard metahuman (Dragon, IE, or Horror). Of course I would also say using any of those forces will undoubtedly ellicit a group "Ugh..." in responce. I doubt they would make the call on a CEO of a AAA corp being dead without exhaustive searching/testing (Screw DNA, I want ID by dental records!)
Synner
As a major hub of Japanacorp power and more importantly for their West Coast networks, San Francisco was targeted in System Failure. Saito's comms and intel systems were infiltrated and a Jormungand egg planted (contingent on one of the adventure frameworks in System Failure) using a prison break as cover. Adding to the damage, at the height of the Crash, on Dec. 2, 2064, a suitcase nuke EMP bomb was detonated over San Francisco Bay bringing down the entire Bay Area grid and cutting off Saito from his forces spread out in CalFree.

By 2070 the dictator is gone... exactly what happened remains to be seen.
SL James
Problem is that MCT finished moving in after Nov. 2 and was still propping him up in 2065.
stevebugge
I have my suspicions it was left deliberately vaugue to facilitate some upcoming product. The Parting up of the Calf-Free in general seems to be begging for some new plot arc, possibly involving Hestaby, Tir Tairngire, the PCC, Aztechnology, or Japanacorps. In the meantime Northern and Central Clifornia can probably be treated like Europe in 1948, the war is over but there are still small groups of soldiers running around causing trouble. I agree that Cross is probably dead as well, probably done to clear up some space on the megacorporate landscape.

Disclaimer: All of the above is pure speculation.
Jaid
Cross Applied Technologies is gone. I find it hard to believe they would have destroyed the corp if Cross was still around. i suppose you never know, though.
DigitalSoul
I wonder if Damian went and retrieved Cross's chess piece as well or if the son hung on to it? Probably better he did, it would make for an interesting high-profile shadowrun.
stevebugge
I thought the Chess Piece belonged to Aurelius?
DigitalSoul
*Checks over the Will again*

QUOTE (Dunkelzan's Will)
To Leonard Aurelius of Ares Macrotechnology, I leave the black king of my antique chess set. May you prove a worthy opponent.

Blarg, I must have gotten rivals mixed up.
September
There has to be some connection or clash between Horizon and Hestaby. Both are media powerhouses, both have interests in CalFree. There's something going on there...and I have absolutely no idea what.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Brahm)
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=...&highlite=saito

Note to Writers: Given the high level of interest as shown by 13 threads on "What the heck is up in 2070?"

There is a LOT of setting interest out here just waiting to spend it's hard earned nuyen.gif
stevebugge
Did Holostreets actually launch?
Brahm
No. As far as I know they haven't the startup date, haven't started emailing out to people that signed up to the propaganda list, nor even hinted at a price. Just the initial announcement that they are going to model in on the similar existing service for Battletech.
SL James
I fail to see what the holdup is. The infrastructure's in place. They obviously have staff if they're doing webfiction for BT. Serious. WTF?
Vairdic
QUOTE (SL James)
I fail to see what the holdup is. The infrastructure's in place. They obviously have staff if they're doing webfiction for BT. Serious. WTF?

Well, to clarify some things.

Holostreets is not BattleCorps for Shadowrun. Holostreets will be its own new project built to support Shadowrun. That said, it'd be a disservice to the shadowrun players to simply give you what works for BattleTech, but with a different look. To that end, we're developing a completely new product that will have its own selling points, and serve the Shadowrun players as true Shadowrun players, not as BattleTech Players with multi-coloured hair. Just as if we launched Holostreets first it'd be a disservice to treat BattleTech players as Shadowrun players with buzz-cuts and fatigues.

That's the first hurdle. In addition, the current BattleCorps staff is made up of many volunteers and a few overworked staff wink.gif We're working on finding the right people to manage and run the Shadowrun site.

We do need to get better at letting our list know what's up however. We seem to have gone the opposite route in our desire not to spam users... we just don't send anything. We'll change that soon though, and get it just right to keep you all in the loop about Holostreets Development.
runefire32
and get it just right to keep you all in the loop about Holostreets Development

That would be a first from you guys...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012