Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skillsoft Options
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phasma Felis
Do the various skillsoft programming options in the Cannon Companion seem insanely complicated to anyone else, particularly when combined with each other?

I'm attempting to write a program for designing skillsofts, more as a test of my programming and analysis skills than out of any real interest in the subject matter, and trying to figure out precisely how all the different modifiers and multipliers from each option interact is unreal.
Game2BHappy
May I recommend this?
Phasma Felis
Thanks. I did find Sphynx's program recently, but I think I'm still going to do mine--as I said, more for practice than anything else. Also, Sphynx's program (and page) don't work well at all in Netscape. They seem to be fine in IE.

I'm not so much interested in help figuring out skillsoft options--I'm starting to get it myself, after days of study--I was just wondering if anyone else thought they were ridiculous. I got the idea to make a program for them because it seems like it would be impossible to deal with them effectively without one.
The White Dwarf
Theyre not ridiculous, just the wording can be a bit cumbersome. Im not sure why they left it so wordy, but oh well.

To break it down, Skillsofts have 2 sets of values, the DESIGN ones and the ACTUAL ones. Design affects cost, availiblity, etc while Actual is the values you use on the skillwire system (to count towards its maximums).

All you need to do is keep track of both sets while you toss on the options. Might seem a bit complicated but with a piece of scratch paper its really not that bad. Just keep two tallies for each, I find columns work well.

Hope that helps.
Sphynx
I didn't think they were all that complicated really, but I did make a couple of errors on the brinkster alg, you're actually better off just going to my real page at http://shadowrun.i-sphynx.com. It has all the fixes on it. Brinkster was temporary since I have a slow connection at home, but now that I'm rarely home, I don't mind people accessing my PC directly.

Sphynx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012