Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 House Rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanee
EDIT: See below for new list!

Here are some things, we are going to house rules most likely:

- Adrenaline Pump goes beyond augmented maximum
- Lasersight and Smartlink work normally when firing two guns at once
- Cyberlimb Armor is added together from all cyberlimbs and then divided by 4; it stacks with worn armor
- (maybe) MMGs and HMGs get +1 DV

Anything wrong with any of those in your opinion?

What do/did you house rule in SR4?

Bye
Thanee
Serbitar
There is a certain thread with my name on it and my house rules in it, but I am not allowed to post the link, because that is considered spam.
Thanee
Thank you! smile.gif

Found version 1.6, which I suppose is current. Interesting, but a bit much IMHO (tho, I do agree with some of the points, like ammunition, which seems really weird - that might actually be one point to consider).

You don't seem to have addressed the above issues, tho, which I am more interested in at this point, altho they are comparitively minor compared to some points you tackled. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Serbitar
I have adressed:

- Adrenalin pump. In my rules, temporal effects (drugs, adrenalin pumps . . .) may increase attributes beyond the augmented maximum.
- Cyberlimb armour: Using the penetration rule, armor becomes much more important than body. In RAW it doesnt matter weather you buy your cyberlimb body or armor, you always get one dice more for damage resistance. Body is actually better because you do net get the evil stun damage. In mine it DOES matter. Btw, in RAW, cyberlimb armour already stacks with worn armour. At least there is enoug room to interpret it this way.
Fourthermore I added more capacity using the cybertorso to make make cyberlimbs a little more competeable with muscle replacement.
- Lasersight and Smartlink do work normally with 2 weapons. They are just added before splitting. (isnt that in the RAW rules already? I forgot. If not, I have to add it to SHP).
- No changes concerning MMG and HMG
Ranneko
QUOTE (Serbitar)
There is a certain thread with my name on it and my house rules in it, but I am not allowed to post the link, because that is considered spam.

Seriously, Serbitar, why not just put the links for your stuff in your signature, along with the current versions?
Serbitar
ah sure, forgot to do that.
Thanee
QUOTE (Serbitar)
I have adressed:

Whoops! Then I guess I wasn't thorough enough with my skimmings... Sorry! smile.gif

Lasersight and Smartlink miraculously cease to function (or rather, you do not benefit from them anymore) once you pick up a second weapon (and use it, of course) by the RAW.

Thanks again! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
redwulf25_ci
QUOTE (Serbitar)

How in all the hells that man has made is that considered SPAM???
Eryk the Red
I've only done a handful of sessions thus far, but I've instituted a few house rules already to make my life easier and make things work as I like them.

1) The DV bonus for all levels of bone lacing is reduced by one. I was considering this, or making it all do stun damage. I decided I preferred the image of the character's punches crushing bone. I made this change because I wanted the character with bone lacing who wants spurs or blades to have a reason to get them. I realize those weapons are usually only present in cyberlimbs, but that's not always the case; plus, I wanted bone lacing to be more of a defensive thing, anyway.

2) It's unfinished, but I'm rewriting the Chase Combat rules completely. I want them to mesh better with ordinary combat. Chase turns should be 3 seconds, like all other turns. Besides, a lot happens in a minute in a movie car chase, why just gloss over it like that? I'm going to model my rules largely after the chase rules in the current World of Darkness ruleset, where chases are opposed extended rolls, and the target numbers are based on your opponent's speed.

3) I'm simplifying how I track damage for nameless goons. Too much paperwork currently if I want to have a firefight featuring 20 security guards. Basically, I always use the 4 dice = 1 hit rule for damage resistance rolls, except I round up to determine the number of hits (5 dice = 2 hits). I can calculate this value beforehand and just keep the number handy. AP modifies that amount by half its value, round up. Reduce DV suffered by the amount, as normal. Goons only have three levels of injury, though: Hurt (-2 penalty), More hurt (-4 penalty) and Out (unconscious). If the DV suffered is less than the goon's Body, he suffers one injury level. If the DV is = or greater than his Body, but less than double, he suffers two injury levels and is knocked down. If the DV is = or greater than double the goon's Body, he is dead. This is much easier to keep track of for me, and allows me to have big, exciting fights and not get bogged down every time one of the goons gets shot. It probably sounds a bit complicated, but it's easier for me.

4) Goons make a lot of attacks as teams. That is, I don't roll their attacks individually. One or more goons can help out their fellows in an attack. Simply add dice to the primary attacker's pool equal to 1 die for every 4 the cooperating goon would roll in his own attack.
Thanee
I have refined the list a little and added a few things...

Attributes:

Temporary attribute increases (drugs (p. 248), Attribute Boost (p. 187), Adrenaline Pump (p. 338), etc; but not sustained spells) can go beyond the augmented maximum. The absolute maximum is twice the natural maximum for the attribute (i.e. 12 for a human's physical or mental attributes).

Skills:

For Climbing and Gymnastics (Jumping) Tests, as well as Running (Sprinting) and Swimming (Sprinting) Tests (p. 115-119) use (Agility + Strength)/2 (round down) + skill rating.

Combat:

Lasersight and Smartlink work normally when using a second firearm (p. 141).

Recoil compensation (p. 142) is increased by one for every 2 points of the firing character's Strength beyond 4. When holding a pistol- or SMG-class weapon with both hands, recoil compensation is increased by one for every 2 points of the firing character's Strength instead.

Burst-fire (p. 142-144) increases the attack's DV by +2 (short burst), +4 (long burst), and +6 (full burst) respectively. The firing character can opt to spray the bursts to have a better chance of hitting the target; for every 2 points of the burst's DV bonus forfeited, the defender's dice pool is reduced by -3. For every 3 points of uncompensated recoil for this attack, 2 points of the burst's DV bonus must be forfeited this way, up to the maximum DV bonus given.

Shotguns firing shot rounds (p. 144) use the rules for flechette ammo with a narrow spread. With a medium spread, the flechette's DV bonus lowered by 2 (to +0), and the Impact armor is increased by +4 instead of +2, when comparing it to the modified DV to determine whether the attack deals physical or stun damage. With a wide spread, the DV is lowered by 4 (to -2), and the Impact armor is increased by another +2 (to +6), when comparing it to the modified DV to determine whether the attack deals physical or stun damage. In all cases, the Impact armor used to resist the damage is doubled (as normal for flechettes), but not further modified.

Grenade scatter (p. 145) is reduced by 1 meter per net hit for standard grenades or 2 meters per net hit for aerodynamic grenades and grenade launchers. Additional hits have no effect.

All Grenade Damage Codes (p. 146) are increased by +2 DV.

Called Shots to target a vital area (p. 150) get a negative dice pool modifier equal to twice the intended bonus to DV (DV +1 to +4, -2 to -8 dice pool modifier).

Magic:

Drain from Banishing (p. 180) is only one times the hits scored by the spirit on the Opposed Test (minimum 1 DV).

Weapons:

All machine pistols and submachine guns (p. 307-308) have all of their uncompensated recoil halved (round down).

All MMGs and HMGs get +1 DV (p. 310).

Ammunition:

Explosive and EX-Explosive Rounds do not modify armor penetration (+1/- and +2/- respectively), Flechette Rounds are resisted with double Impact armor (+2/x2), but compare the modified DV (minus autofire modifiers) against Impact armor +2, to determine whether the attack deals physical or stun damage (p. 314).

Cyberware:

All Cyberlimbs come with Body, Strength, and Agility attributes of 3 plus racial modifier (p. 335).

Cyberlimb Armor (p. 335-336) is added together from all cyberlimbs and then divided by 4; it stacks with worn armor.

Bioware:

The Drain suffered from an Adrenaline Pump (p. 338) is resisted with Body + Willpower.

Bye
Thanee
Adam
QUOTE (Serbitar)

Unless I'm mistaken, no member of the admin team has told you that your posts constitute spam. Your posts are welcome; although I do suggest making a small web page that lists what each file contains, just to make it a little more user-friendly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012