Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Character Portraits...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kiwi
I'm sure this is probably one of the top ten asked questions on these boards, but can anyone give me a web site that has some good quality character portraits geared toward the Shadowrun player? I would appreciate anyone's help.

Kiwi
Greyfoxx
I could draw you one for free if you give me some character descriptions and some time. smile.gif
Neon Tiger
Well, I can't remember url, but why don't you do a quick search on Google for "hero machine".

Edit: Well, duh, the url is Hero Machine.
Shadow
My wife maintains a website specifically for gamers characters. She does charge a small fee but completly worth it for the quality you get back.

Check it out at www.dragonbaitstudio.com

Or click on the sig!
Bitten by the bug
Shadow, the Dragonbait name shouldn't by any chance have to do with a certain Saurial and a human woman named Alias??? Merely curious. smile.gif
Shadow
I asked my wife the same thing, she looked at me blankly. She never read the D&D books. She just liked the name.
Dark Scrier
I've been pondering this for a while, I'm considering getting some images done of a few of my NPCs. I've been considering getting my girlfriend, who spends her free time as one of my players to do them, but I'm not sure if I should do so.

Would you be interested in drawing up the four I've got so far Greyfoxx?
Synner
Please note we've had the Shadowrun Amateur Artgroup up and running for a while and several of the artists on there will do requests. Normally it's just a question of dropping by and asking.
Dark Scrier
Ooh... hadn't heard of that.

Good thinking Synner.
Greyfoxx
Amateur SR artgroup, havent heard of that. So, what does it take to join? smile.gif or is it exclusive?
Synner
It's free access for anyone who's interested. It's a Yahoogroup and though it hasn't seen a lot of movement recently I'll be regularly posting some new stuff in coming weeks. It's meant to be both a showcase for people's work and a place where you can find some nice SR fan art on the net. Just follow the link above and Join the Group. You'll find most of the stuff in the Photos section but we've been gradually transferring some of the older stuff over to the Files section to free up more space.

We also occassionally take requests and there's a Request thread floating around on the group.

mckay421
Since I am really sick and don't feel like walking upstairs...do a Google search for a FACES cd. It is a computer composite sketch program...it isn't half bad either. Of course...you can't do orcs or trolls (although I have had players use photoshop to good affect).

All the best...
John
Shadow
If your interested, and this is anybody, my wife will give anyone on DSF a %20 discount of her listed prices. When you email her just giver her your DSF name and mention Shadow sent you.

A good drawing of an NPC can really set the mood I highly recommend it.

LadyKensuke
I do character portraits, and most of my recent work is SR characters. To see my most recent stuff, you can visit me at DeviantArt.
Tiralee
Ok - manditory character plug, not my own

http://dragonslife.keenspace.com/d/20030809.html

Yes, I'm Lew, Aidley is the infamous Troll-mage I run with. Gods, she is soooooooo...well. Let's just say that using spell without much background can be messy.

Ask "Toothpaste man", the Ex-troll ganger, once located beneath a Force-five Shape-earth in the Barrens, now hanging off the facing wall. In splatters and drips.

I'll throw up my Elf-bunny when I could get motivated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012