Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MegaCD shadowrun game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slamm-O
over at http://eidolon.dnsalias.net/ (which my dns cant connect to, i have to get googles cache of every page i want individually) is the only place i can find using google with any information on this game (rom or translation wise)

now what i want to know is if anyone can find any info, info such as : is there an existing translation project? where? where can you get the rom? what tools would you use to translate? are their programs or documents to aid in rom/megacd translation?

those are the basic questions i would like answered, any resources or links would be a great help.

here are some important terms google gurus might want:
compile-they made it
johnnyrio-only guy to express knowledge of any translation project

guess thats all i have now, no wonder i cant find what im looking for smile.gif

gl
Johnny the Bull
Who now owns the rights to the MegaCD game? Is it subsumed into the microsoft license for all FASA assets or is it owned by someone else?
Adam
Microsoft never acquired all of FASAs assets... they acquired FASA Interactives assets.

I have absolutely no information on who owns the MegaCD rights, but I would suspect they were owned by FASA, and thus now by WizKids. Whether anyone on the planet can actually find who owns the rights now, however, is debatable. smile.gif
Johnny the Bull
QUOTE (Adam)
Microsoft never acquired all of FASAs assets... they acquired FASA Interactives assets.

I have absolutely no information on who owns the MegaCD rights, but I would suspect they were owned by FASA, and thus now by WizKids. Whether anyone on the planet can actually find who owns the rights now, however, is debatable. smile.gif

Might be worth looking into. The rights to the MegaCD game couldn't be worth all that much and the acquisition of the source code/rights would make a translation and free release project easier.
DV8
From what I know, the Shadowrun game for the Mega CD was the last game to be released for the console before it got discontinued. Therefore, it went largely undetected by many of the gamers and that's the reason why you'll find relatively little information on the game. Over at SegaXtreme at their Sega CD forum, you might find some more information on the game. They're also pretty helpful, so you might find some more information if you engage them in conversation about the game.

Some other links...
I found a review here.
Another bit of information here.
An ad.
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012