Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bug Spirit Merges
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mmu1
Like the topic says - I'm curious about some general (the more general the better, in fact - our group is playing through Bug City and I don't want outright spoilers, or specific game mechanics and TNs) info about what's involved in getting possessed by a bug spirit - our last session ended in the middle of a small (I hope, anyway) beetle hive, and while I don't want to metagame, I'd like to have at least a vague idea of what the risks are.

Namely, stuff like: Is physical contact required? Does it take a sginificant amount of time? Is it all-or-nothing, or are there stages involved? Should I basically not worry, because I'm only likely to get possessed in a situation where I'm as good as dead anyway?
Moon-Hawk
They can't just smack you with posession in the middle of combat. I think hosts get captured, cocooned, and subjected to a summoning ritual, IIRC. (it's been a while)
hyzmarca
Cacoons. There is all the love you will ever need within the cacoons. Don't be afraid of them. Crawl inside one and make yourself comfortable.
Tanka
Well, you can't be smacked with it. In order to be brought into the world, an insect spirit must be Conjured into a host body. The transformation process takes weeks. So I wouldn't be too worried about being knocked out and told to make a new character. (That is, unless your GM is a sadist. In which case, pick up your nearest *nix manual and hit him with it.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012