Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improved Ability?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
Did they forget that or are they serious about not being able to add Improved Ability to Vehicle Skills? Would make a neat Adept/Rigger otherwise.
mintcar
I'd say they forgot about them.
warrior_allanon
what in hades are you talking about, where does it say that, it says you cant use it on skill groups
emo samurai
Vehicles skills AREN'T part of skill groups.
Brahm
The text for the power says you can use Improved Ability for Combat, Physical, Social, or Technical skills. Pilot Ground Craft is none of those, it is a Vehicle Skill.
Eryk the Red
I think it's pretty safe to assume that it was an accident, leaving out Vehicle skills like that. Regardless, we've already houseruled away that restriction. I have a player running a cool driver-adept character, and I wouldn't want to say no to that.
Brahm
QUOTE (Eryk the Red @ Feb 24 2006, 11:47 AM)
I think it's pretty safe to assume that it was an accident, leaving out Vehicle skills like that. Regardless, we've already houseruled away that restriction. I have a player running a cool driver-adept character, and I wouldn't want to say no to that.

I think this board could really use a thumbs up emoticon.

EDIT

In the same breath I would be inclined to not allow Improved Ability to function while in VR, but AR is fine. The rules don't say this at all, and it is partially a favor of the past thing. But also right now Improved Ability allows Adepts to take advantage of the extra 3 points up to the modified Skill cap in so many more Skills than mundanes can.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Brahm)

In the same breath I would be inclined to not allow Improved Ability to function while in VR, while AR is fine. The rules don't say this at all, and it is partially a favor of the past thing. But also right now Improved Ability allows Adepts to take advantage of the extra 3 points up to the modified Skill cap in so many more Skills than mundanes can.

We have basically added that rule for the possibility of adept deckers since they would be so incredibly silly from the beginning otherwise.
Kremlin KOA
Jopp... why?
The Jopp
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
Jopp... why?

Why? Improved ability Hacking, cyber combat etc plus the bonus for being in full VR.

Starting skills would be at least 6 with improved ability for that kind of hacker.
hobgoblin
ok, who is with me about voting the improved ability adept power as the most broken power ever?
TinkerGnome
It's a lot better than it was in SR3 for most things. I think slapping a "no VR" restriction on it pretty much fixes the worst problems with it in SR4.
hobgoblin
err, imp ability and some adept reflex enhancment and i belive he can outperform a hacker, all else being equal...
September
Adept Decker = Technomancer in Denial
Thanee
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 24 2006, 07:53 PM)
err, imp ability and some adept reflex enhancment and i belive he can outperform a hacker, all else being equal...

Yeah, just like the street samurai with a million nuyen outperforms the street samurai without. cyber.gif

But I do agree somewhat... matrix stuff should not be boosted directly by magic. That's what Technomancers are for.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012