Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karma Pool and spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Homme-qui-rigole
How many Karma Pool Elemental and Nature spirits had?

IRC, it's something equal to Force or success achieved by the summoner... But i'm not sure and I can't find rule references.

Thank for helping!
Findar
A summoned spirit's karma pool is equal to the summoner's successes on the summoning test.
Pendaric
Which can be really fightning some times...
If you like using a fear factor, watch your players faces as you reroll the attack dice 4 times on a force 4 spirit.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Pendaric)
If you like using a fear factor, watch your players faces as you reroll the attack dice 4 times on a force 4 spirit.

So Karma 10 minimum, hum? Owch. (1+2+3+4 expenditure for each reroll...) That wouldn't cause fear in MY players tho - that would cause relief, because that's 10 less karma I'm getting from then on...
Homme-qui-rigole
Ok... Thank you guys!!

But where I can find this rules exactly?
fedor
You can find the exact rules on p.189 of SR3, Spirit Combat.
Pendaric
QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Pendaric @ Feb 27 2006, 04:24 PM)

So Karma 10 minimum, hum? Owch. (1+2+3+4 expenditure for each reroll...) That wouldn't cause fear in MY players tho - that would cause relief, because that's 10 less karma I'm getting from then on...

Sorry you lost me there.
Each spirit has it's own karma pool created by the successes in the conjuring test, which the player controlling the spirit get's to spend for the spirit.

How it refreshs is up to the ref as always, so do you have your players pay for this? It is possible to spend Karma without burning it, so it will refresh.
I sure I have missed your intent.
As to mine a spirit rerolling all failed dice four times on a given power or attack, scares even the streetsam troll.
Pendaric
A ha got it! Mis-read the reroll rules. Thanks for the heads up, its those pesky habit formed house rules that blindside me every time. I hear the sound of nashing teeth and wailing growing closer...
I am going to enjoy this biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012