Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intressed about sheet for making weapons?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlackSmith
i got a sheet in excel that i have used to make weapons that can count everything including availability and legality.
avail and legality are 100% right thus it needs some GM sense but 9/10 it comes up "good" values.

it works quite simple. just remove the lines you are not using.

without the CC book in hand it is quite useless, but im still wondering if it is legal.

so im asking is someone intressed/need about it thus should i upload it to somewhere?
MYST1C
There is already a weapon-builder program available at the German SR homepage - but of course only people who understand German can use it...

But considering the existence of this fan-made program, your sheet should be legal.
BlackSmith
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
....but of course only people who understand German can use it...

well i could make the form in Finnish and say that there is already a program that does it but is in Finnish...
but i prefer to do it so that it is available to almost everyone.
But considering the existence of this fan-made program, your sheet should be legal.
good. then i could release it if some intrest is shown.
can't be that much asked to take one of the three options and click vote?
Abstruse
There's an English one, but it's pretty buggy. It also has all the non-canon rules from the Cannon Companion Redux. Don't ask me where it is though...

The Abstruse One
BlackSmith
thanks no, for buggy full softa.
i tried that geramn gun making prog and either a) it is buggy as hell or b) it does not coupe well with NT based OS.

im making this at least as bug free as possible.

..if it would be up to me, all games that can't be played trough or crashes without a reason should be refunded.
and same aplies to ALL ms products.
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (Abstruse)
There's an English one, but it's pretty buggy. It also has all the non-canon rules from the Cannon Companion Redux. Don't ask me where it is though...

The Abstruse One

correction: EXTREMELY buggy nyahnyah.gif
Cochise
QUOTE (BlackSmith)
thanks no, for buggy full softa.
i tried that geramn gun making prog and either a) it is buggy as hell or b) it does not coupe well with NT based OS.

The german program which can be obtained via www.shadowrun.de should work on NT-based OS but not necessarily on WinNT 4.0.

AFAIK it was programmed with VB and potentially requires certain ocx-files (which IIRC should be included *at least there was a version that did*).
If it doesn't run on Win2k or WinXP there's a good chance that it has similar problems with other language versions of these OS due to different seperators for numbers (colon in english, comma in german) just as earlier versions of NSRCG did.
BlackSmith
why cant the world use Finish as a default language...
it is only the most difficultiest language to master thus it would be fair to anyone.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (BlackSmith)
why cant the world use Finish as a default language...
it is only the most difficultiest language to master thus it would be fair to anyone.

lol
Buzzed
A language that focuses on using multiple i's and multiple n's in practically every word. Sounds like fun to me.

Finniiniinniish
BlackSmith
we focus on using everything multiple times. you should see our songs or word plays.

i just translate your sentence.
~~~~
Kieli joka keskittyy käyttämään useasti I:tä sekä N:niä käytännössä joka sanassa. Kuulostaa Hauskalta.
~~~~
IcyCool
QUOTE (BlackSmith)
i got a sheet in excel that i have used to make weapons that can count everything including availability and legality.
avail and legality are 100% right thus it needs some GM sense but 9/10 it comes up "good" values.

it works quite simple. just remove the lines you are not using.

without the CC book in hand it is quite useless, but im still wondering if it is legal.

so im asking is someone intressed/need about it thus should i upload it to somewhere?

Blacksmith, will this program be in English? And if so, will it have proper spelling, capitalization, and grammar? I'm not trying to take a stab at your spelling (you don't appear to be a native speaker, then again, there are several native speakers who can't spell, it's pathetic really frown.gif ), but I spend enough of my precious time deciphering '1337' speak and poor spelling on the forums I visit without needing to do it elsewhere.
Dirge
This is a bit off topic, but all this talk about languages and their relative difficulties reminded me about this treatise on learning Japanese I found recently.

So You Want To Learn Japanese
IcyCool
QUOTE (IcyCool)
Blacksmith,  will this program be in English?  And if so, will it have proper spelling, capitalization, and grammar?  I'm not trying to take a stab at your spelling (you don't appear to be a native speaker, then again, there are several native speakers who can't spell, it's pathetic really frown.gif ), but I spend enough of my precious time deciphering '1337' speak and poor spelling on the forums I visit without needing to do it elsewhere.

I will refer you to any recent post by Fonitrus. Good view points, but it makes my eyes hurt to read....
BlackSmith
yes yes the excel is in Eng format (because the rule books are) and there isint much of text.
and no im not native english speaker or write (check from the globe where Finland is, if you have studied only your own nations history and geography (this _is_ a stab for all those jenkies out there)) but feel free to point my mistakes out. im practiing 10-fingers writing thus i got lots of typos but i try to live with them.

hopely it will have correct spelling and grammar.
not capitalization letters is just my own little war against these BIG LETTER WRITING morons. if it has not a big meaning, why capitalize it?
and no i dont write like this all the time. my teachers are all happy.
and no i do not listen R&B thus im NEVER going to use those damn c00l 234d223ccwe55s322 writing forms.

Sphynx
QUOTE (BlackSmith)
feel free to point my mistakes out. im practiing 10-fingers writing thus i got lots of typos but i try to live with them.

This mean you're going to give us a link soon to check it out? nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012