Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Resources
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron
I've created a new Shadowrun Resources page for tools and stuff I've done up for Shadowrun (specifically Fourth Edition). Right now the only thing on there is my hacker cards, but it's a start. I'm doing up some cheat sheets for some fellow players, and I'll probably put those up, too.
Ryu
Nice. Can you do a more printerfriendly version?
Aaron
QUOTE (Ryu)

It's quite friendly to my printer, but I've got a pretty nice one. What do you need?
Solstice
QUOTE (Aaron)
QUOTE (Ryu)

It's quite friendly to my printer, but I've got a pretty nice one. What do you need?

Does your printer only mainly green ink rather than black and white? heheh.

I think it would be much friendlier to have it be a white background with black characters rather than white on green.

Very very cool otherwise.
Aaron
QUOTE (Solstice)
I think it would be much friendlier to have it be a white background with black characters rather than white on green.

Done and done. There is now a version that is mostly black-on-white in addition to the version for those with sexier printers. I'm too lazy at the moment to convert the graphics to greyscale, although if there is enough demand I'll take the time.
Ryu
I have a B&W laser printer.

The new version is perfect. I dislike wasting toner on background colour.
mintcar
Nice choice of pictures. And good idea. Pitty the only cards I can give up says "Magic" on the back of them. I guess I'll just have to print back sides with the familiar "S" to cover it up.
Aaron
QUOTE (Ryu)
I have a B&W laser printer.
The new version is perfect. I dislike wasting toner on background colour.

I'm the kind of guy who'll shell out the extra 250¥ for the katana.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one with useful SR4 resources. Post 'em if you got 'em.
neko128
Hah. If I give up cards to this, they'll be MechWarrior cards. At least they'll be VAGUELY appropriate, in a corporate sense. nyahnyah.gif

I solved my printer problem the easy way; printed them on the high-quality laser at work. Muuuuch nicer than I can get at home.
AJCarrington
Thanks for the link and your work!!

AJC
jklst14
Awesome work! Much appreciated!
Spoonfunk
Pretty Cool and useful

What else do you intend on puting on your site?
neko128
QUOTE (Spoonfunk)
Pretty Cool and useful

Troll pr0n! Important stuff that no self-respecting runner should be without!

...Ummm, sorry. Just had to get that out of my system.

Seriously, do you accept submissions and such?
Aaron
QUOTE (Spoonfunk)

At the moment I'm working on some step-by-step cheat sheets for some of less math-inclined members of my Shadowrun team, specifically combat and spell casting. I'll be adding whatever else I come up with as I go.

QUOTE (neko128)
Seriously, do you accept submissions and such?

I hadn't thought of it, really. I suppose if you've something useful for the SR4 community and no place to put it, I could host it on my page. I'd reserve the right to screen submissions, of course, but sure, I could do that.
Aaron
Not sure how to deal with some of the tasks you can do in SR4? Fear not! I've made a few cheat sheets in PDF format, detailing how to deal with melee combat, ranged combat, and summoning, with more to come. Just print out one sheet for each weapon, spirit, etc.

Shadowrun Resources

If there's a cheat sheet you're looking for, let me know.

Pallantides
That's a really nifty sheet Aaron- breaks it right down perfectly step by step for my newbie players. Thanks for the hard work man wink.gif .
Mute
These are great! You'd better believe copies will be handed out to my players on friday. Thanks much!
Dashifen
Very well done. Keep them coming, too. I'll be taking these to con games that I run for players smile.gif
neko128
Aaron, I think those cheat sheets are PERFECT.

Would you consider doing them for casting a spell, astral combat, banishing a spirit, matrix combat, and drone combat?

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make them? Adobe Illustrator, or just like Word and print to PDF, or what?
Azralon
Indeed, kudos Aaron.
Waltermandias
Just printed mine off! Bravo!
Lagomorph
very nice!
Aaron
QUOTE (neko128)
Would you consider doing them for casting a spell, astral combat, banishing a spirit, matrix combat, and drone combat?

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make them? Adobe Illustrator, or just like Word and print to PDF, or what?

Drone combat is simple; just change the Attribute for the Pilot rating, and the Skill for the Autosoft rating; I could do a drone-specific one, though. I've added the rest to my ToDo list.

I use Corel.
Geekkake
This is absolutely fantastic work, Aaron. Keep it up!
Aaron
And lo, there were drones.

I've added Drone Combat to the cheat sheets. I'll get the rest in there as they're finished.
Waltermandias
Did you ever know that you're my hero Aaron?
Aaron
QUOTE (Waltermandias)
Did you ever know that you're my hero Aaron?

No I didn't, omae, but if you start singing, I'm outta here. =)

The Cheat Sheet file is now greater than a meg, but has Astral Combat now.
Rooks
wow so daatasearch is only used for one program and software/hardware really isn't used for matrix actions
Aaron
QUOTE (Rooks)
wow so daatasearch is only used for one program and software/hardware really isn't used for matrix actions

Oh, they're used for matrix actions. Well, Data Search and Computer, anyway. Software less so, and Hardware rarely (although I did use it once to open a non-wireless lock). However, they're not used much for hacking actions. The average person in the Wireless World uses Data Search and Computer all the time.
Aaron
I have added cybercombat to the cheat sheet pdf on this page, and I am currently working on a node record sheet for GMs.

Also, the file officially no longer fits on a floppy.
hobgoblin
who uses floppys anyways?

hmm, i like the cheat sheets, but one thing im missing is a collection of modifiers for diffrent stuff, and a list of all combat actions (physcial, matrix, magic and vehicle) in one long list (no description needed, just the name and the "complexity").

ok, so i could toss it together myself but im lazy silly.gif
Aaron
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
who uses floppys anyways?

Well, mostly nobody, but it's still a benchmark threshhold.

QUOTE (hobgoblin)

hmm, i like the cheat sheets, but one thing im missing is a collection of modifiers for diffrent stuff, and a list of all combat actions (physcial, matrix, magic and vehicle) in one long list (no description needed, just the name and the "complexity").

Added to my ToDo list.
hobgoblin
good to hear that smile.gif

hmm, those cheat sheets are effective as a refrence source even tho one do not have one sheet pr "weapon" smile.gif
Guye Noir
QUOTE (hobgoblin)

ok, so i could toss it together myself but im lazy silly.gif

Hate to steal your thunder Aaron, but somebody beat you to making that. I found it over in the Community projects board a few days ago. I'm thinking of printing out copies of it for my whole group, to go along with the cheat sheets you made.

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.allthatshines.net/winter/SR/GM_Screen.pdf

Here's the thread it was in, along with a few other useful tools: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=10313
Dranem
I don't think any of Aaron's thunder is stolen at all...

That 'GM Screen' is a 14 page pdf with no organization whatsoever! It's a hoshposh assembled series of tables with no table of contents, no page titles and no order to it whatsoever... The buddy just grabbed the tables as they appeared in the book and made them pretty, or so it looks like.

Not a resource I find adequate at all.
Guye Noir
He may call it a GM's screen, but it's really a bunch of cheat sheets. He could call it strawberry shortcake, that wouldn't change what it's supposed to be used for: quick, on-the-fly rules reference.

But you're right Dranem, it is poorly organized. But it still has a lot of info that Aaron's document doesn't (visibility, ranged and melee combat, and defense mods; called-shot and burst fire summaries; free/simple/complex action breakdowns; social situation mods; non-combat related matrix actions; etc). Having info that is poorly layed out and disorganized is better than not having that info at all.

Besides, with a little photoshopping, I can change the layout to my heart's content.

EDIT: Like I said before, I'm not saying that the 'GM's Screen' is better than what Aaron has, I'm just trying to make people aware of it. Aaron's cheet sheets have nifty little 'how-to's for combat that my players and I find very useflul, it just doesn't have EVERYTHING we want.
Dranem
Dude, a quickly assembled, half-assed attempt of making a 'cheat sheet' reference is hardly what I call a quick on-the-fly rules reference... You might as well dig through the book for all that it's usefull.. at least the Actions Table at the back of the SR4 BBB has page references so that you can quickly access the information.

You jumble those sheets together or put one out of order and you're 'quick reference guide' is pretty much useless.

Aaaron still holds credit for having something coherent and quick to use, I would stop trying to validate the other source you mention, it's hardly worth my time to re-dit 14 pages of random unlabelled tables.
Nikoli
I have some 3rd and 4th edition hacker tools on my personal site, feel free to consolidate them onto your site. They are excel based and I have a new tool in the works for calculating run prices and keeping track of generic goon squads.
Guye Noir
Uhhh, the tables are labeled. And the organization isn't THAT bad, it's just not perfect. And it's a lot easier to flip through 14 single sided pages than the 350 double sided pages of the BBB (I know it refers to the main book, what exactly does it stand for?).

But you're right, I should stop trying to defend it because now that I think about it, I really don't care what you think of it. You use whatever resources you want, and I'll use whatever I want. I'm simply putting it out there for those who want it. Obviously you don't, and that's just fine by me.

As for you, Aaron; keep up the good work. smile.gif
Aaron
QUOTE (Nikoli)
I have some 3rd and 4th edition hacker tools on my personal site, feel free to consolidate them onto your site.  They are excel based and I have a new tool in the works for calculating run prices and keeping track of generic goon squads.

Sure.

Um ...

Where?
Nikoli
Sorry, in my head I posted the links. My body didn't read the memo...

Clicky
Aaron
Folks, there's no need to argue over which sheet is better. Everybody will find different ones to work better for themselves. I designed mine with the new player in mind, with the expectation that a GM could enforce situational modifiers; they're entirely from the point of view of the player. The pdf linked above is comprehensive but complicated, mostly because it was designed for a different purpose.
Aaron
QUOTE (Guye Noir)
(I know it refers to the main book, what exactly does it stand for?).

Just a guess, but I think it's Big Black Book.
Aaron
No joke, I've added a node record sheet to the cheat sheets on my resources page. They're intended to help the GM keep track of all the information on important nodes in a run.

Please give me feedback on this or any of my resources sheets, if there is anything reasonable you can think of to make them more useful.

Next up, either a list of modifiers, a grunt record sheet, or a spellcasting cheat sheet, depending on my mood when I start the next one.
ronin3338
Can I vote? I'd like to see the spellcasting sheet next, or the list of mod's.

BTW: These cheat sheets rock! I'm going to give a copy to each player (the ones that apply anyway)
These are fabulous, and I hope that you continue to find the time to create/update!
hobgoblin
hrmf, that gm sheet use colors. i cant set my printer to only print black and white...

btw, i think the images on the matrix combat page is upside down nyahnyah.gif
Aaron
Once again, I've added to the cheat sheets file on my resources page, this time two pages for spellcasting: indirect combat and generic. Next up: situational modifiers.

For those of you coming late to the game, here's something like a current table of contents (subject to change at a moment's notice):
  1. Melee Combat
  2. Ranged Combat
  3. Drone Combat
  4. Astral Combat
  5. Indirect Combat Spellcasting
  6. Spellcasting
  7. Summoning
  8. Matrix Combat
  9. Node Record Sheet
If there's anything there you think would be useful to you, feel free to use them. If there's something not there (besides situational modifiers, I'm working on that one) that you would find useful, or a suggestion to improve what's there already, feel free to tell me via this venue or by contacting me privately.
Shadowmeet
Aaron, this is some really good stuff. Thanks so much.
Dashifen
Wonderful work, Aaron smile.gif
Moon-Hawk
Many of the sheets say "roll defense pool". Defense pool isn't really covered on your sheets, but has enough options that it maybe should get it's own sheet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012