Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the Run: Art preview
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Link ork.gif
Brahm
IMO that's a quite a decent sample for coming from a 15$ book. Does anyone know about how much of the book's art is in that preview?
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Brahm)
IMO that's a fairly decent sample for coming from a 15$ book. Does anyone know about how much of the book's art is in that preview?

That's not all of it, if that's what you mean. There are several more that I've seen previews of.
Adam
QUOTE (Brahm)
IMO that's a fairly decent sample for coming from a 15$ book. Does anyone know about how much of the book's art is in that preview?

Less than half.
neko128
Really nice stuff in there. I'm impressed.
warrior_allanon
i have to say 90% of the artwork is better than that of the main rule book the only one i question is the one of the "mafia don" witht he horns out the neck it looks like.
Brahm
QUOTE (warrior_allanon @ Mar 1 2006, 12:25 PM)
i have to say 90% of the artwork is better than that of the main rule book the only one i question is the one of the "mafia don" witht he horns out the neck it looks like.

I think those are horns that start up high but keep close to the skull, thus mostly hidden in the hair higher up, until they curl out at the bottom. What is going on with the horns initially was detracting a bit for me too, but overall I like it as well. I don't see a stinker in the pack. If i was forced to pick a fav I'd take the gloved hand picking up the disk.

Possible minor spoiler on the pic.

[ Spoiler ]

I might be having a noob momment, but the orc at the top. What is the logo on his cap?
Thanee
QUOTE (warrior_allanon @ Mar 1 2006, 05:25 PM)
i have to say 90% of the artwork is better than that of the main rule book

Agreed. The preview art looks pretty cool. The art in the core book mostly not so (and then stuff like the greyscale with bright green borders eek.gif and the hideous layout in the critters and equipment sections when it comes to artwork placing, to top it off).

Oh well... at least the rules are pretty good. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Dashifen
QUOTE (warrior_allanon @ Mar 1 2006, 12:25 PM)

I actually like the horns out of the neck look. A difference from the usual goat or ram like horns you see on other trollish artwork.... Oh well. To each their own, after all biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I really like the subtle points. The face in the disc as mentioned, and the subtle cyber arm (that the guys taking the disc from). The reflection on the trolls desk was done very well. It's subtle things like this that really fill a picture out for me. Not so big a fan of the second one, but it's just a matter of style.
Grinder
I don't like the cover, but the rest is very nice, especially the first one smile.gif
Crusher Bob
The first one gives a very, "yeah, I could meet this guy on the street feel" which is quite often lacking in SR artwork. Most of the SR art is way to posed forr me.
hyzmarca
Is the glowy-eyed women meant to look so disturbingly inhuman? I don't see how she could avoid being shot on sight.
Brahm
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Mar 2 2006, 12:11 PM)
Is the glowy-eyed women meant to look so disturbingly inhuman? I don't see how she could avoid being shot on sight.

Fastjack's mom perhaps? cool.gif No, a cybered cougar isn't going to win the Miss UCAS tittle. But I'd rather that than JABB. Just Another Bikini Bimbo. Good gravy, are chromeheads unheard of or shot on sight in your 6th World?
Dissonance
Chrome is the new chainmail bikini. I like it. It's delightfully creepy.
hyzmarca
She's gone beyond chromehead and into cyberzombie, fleshform, or explosive-packed anthroform territory.
Brahm
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Mar 2 2006, 12:23 PM)
She's gone beyond chromehead and into cyberzombie, fleshform, or explosive-packed anthroform territory.

She is just a victim of unflattering lighting. smile.gif

You haven't seen people IRL that makes your skin crawl because you aren't sure what you'd find if you ripped the skin off their face? I have a number of times and have managed to not shoot a single one of them EDIT without a different, strongly valid reason. wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Thougt it shows an old hooker. Life on the street doesn't make you look nice over the years. I can't see why she is more unhuman than other, older people who spend their life on the streets.
Chrome Shadow
I din't like the 2nd one; the other 4 were great...
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Mar 2 2006, 06:11 PM)

Thougt it shows an old hooker. Life on the street doesn't make you look nice over the years. I can't see why she is more unhuman than other, older people who spend their life on the streets.

If she were a hooker she would be wearing a tube top, a miniskirt that doesn't even cover her vulva, and nothing else even in the middle of winter. No, she certainly doesn't look like a hooker.

She appears to be wearing an armored jacket with FFBA beneath, she's flashing a pistol submachine gun (it has an underbarrel mounted something), one of her eyes is glowing, and her face appears to be made of badly fitted synthflesh and the neon armband just screams "bomb".
fistandantilus4.0
I thought it more muttered 'random accessory to liven up the jacket' really.

So she's ugly, so what. All the female runners have a 5+ charisma in your world? As nice as that would be , it just ain't so. Look at it this way, she probably gets a bonus on her 'intimidate' roll. THat's important because her gun looks to goofy to scare anyone. They'll be to busy trying to decide if it's apistol or SMG.

I like that artist and his style. It's interesting seeing his use of coclors. I like that he uses ones that aren't as prominent. Makes it come alive more to me. Seem more animated. Not in the cartoony sense. Sad that the AR seems to be coming out of her stomach though. frown.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 2 2006, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Mar 2 2006, 06:11 PM)

If she were a hooker she would be wearing a tube top, a miniskirt that doesn't even cover her vulva, and nothing else even in the middle of winter. No, she certainly doesn't look like a hooker.

She appears to be wearing an armored jacket with FFBA beneath, she's flashing a pistol submachine gun (it has an underbarrel mounted something), one of her eyes is glowing, and her face appears to be made of badly fitted synthflesh and the neon armband just screams "bomb".

I think Grinder was talking about the second B&W picture, and not the cover.
Grinder
Correct. smile.gif
Brahm
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Retired. Seemed that business was dropping off for some reason? wink.gif Mostly to me she just looks to me like she's got 40ish years of a hard, unsheltered life in the sprawl behind her. Or 60+ years with some limited access to skin rejuvination. An old dog as it were. I really can't help but think that if this was a man it wouldn't be an issue.....

She appears to be wearing an armored jacket with FFBA beneath, she's flashing a pistol submachine gun (it has an underbarrel mounted something), one of her eyes is glowing, and her face appears to be  made of badly fitted synthflesh and the neon armband just screams "bomb".

I thought that was a pistol with a smartlink add-on, as opposed to a nice clean built in one. See the second circle below the muzzle. Camera I think.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Grinder)

Now that you've clarified that you're referring to the second pic and not the last one, I can tell you this: the artist did an excellent job of portraying that character accurately, given the description he had. Out of all the pics in the preview, that one's my favorite.

(BTW, that's not to imply that the last pic isn't a good portrayal as well. Just that the second one is spot-on. I'm really happy with all the art I've seen for this book.)
neko128
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
...and the neon armband just screams "bomb".

To me, it screams "Commlink".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012