Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WiFi-blocking paint with an on/off switch
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Azralon
Hurrah for nanotech!
Shrike30
So the paint doesn't really have an on-off switch, they're using a signal repeater to get through it? That's one way to do it, I guess.

I wonder what ranges they're planning on repeating, and if it includes all of the ones they're blocking with the paint?

My personal impression of wifi-blocking wallpaper was something along the lines of a nano-Faraday cage in the wallpaper... fine wires with a bit of a charge running through them. Putting some actual thought into the matter, something like that could be turned on and off...
mfb
faraday cages don't require power to work. i'm actually not sure what running power through a faraday cage would do to its ability to block signal.
Moon-Hawk
Nothing.
Azralon
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Mar 1 2006, 04:45 PM)
So the paint doesn't really have an on-off switch, they're using a signal repeater to get through it?

Yeah, sorry, it was kinda hard to adequately convey that in the little thread title line.

I've been mulling over the SR4 applications of this. I suppose the wireless bottleneck would be negated once the hacker overcame the security on the interior WAP and got admin access to the repeater.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012