Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MacGyver!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dissonance
Okay. Yeah. Everybody knows that MacGyver rules. But has anybody gone about trying to make a guy with the 4th edition ruleset? I think you could make a fairly decent runner out of the guy.

Seriously. He's Ex-Special Forces, has a degree in physics, and likely has incompetent with the entire Firearms group. Oh, and an edge of, like, 8.

Anybody want to take a stab at it? I'm thinking I'm going to give it a stab once I finish doing my actual educational bits.

For extra helpful bits, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGyver

And to think, I could be using this time to study.
Lagomorph
There is a specialization for explosives called "improvised" I think he'd definately have that.
DigitalSoul
You also can't go wrong with a high degree of Armorer, Hardware, and any of the Mechanic skills.
fistandantilus4.0
at least his equipment will be easy to pick out:
gum wrapper
paper clip
pair of hockey tickets

He's now ready to disable a nuclear bomb
DigitalSoul
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
at least his equipment will be easy to pick out:
gum wrapper
paper clip
pair of hockey tickets

He's now ready to disable a nuclear bomb

You neglected the 2 most omnipresent tools he ever had: A swiss army knife and duct tape!
Oracle
We once had a character with the active skill "MacGyvering 6". When the GM read that he ripped the character sheet into small pieces, soaked them with rum and burned them. All that without any comment. biggrin.gif
mintcar
We once had a character with the active skill "MacGyvering 6". When the GM read that he ripped the character sheet into small pieces, soaked them with rum and burned them. All that without any comment.

No wonder he got pissed. The correct term is "macgyverism", after all! wink.gif .
The Jopp
*grin* well, having a "Icandoanythingskill" might be a bit gamebreaking. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012