Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Columbia, Missouri
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
I'm preparing the Frosty run in Harlequin, and I'd appreciate if anyone has anything to share about the city and Missouri that could be of interest to a group of non-American players (accent, psyche, traditions, food, etc). Other than the player handout text, I've been tempted to make the place look as if it was out of A History of Violence, to make the run a bit more memorable.

Thanks!
tisoz
I have not seen A History of Violence. Columbia is a big college town and is usually listed as one of the best places to live in the US. That being said, my family refers to the state as Misery.
JongWK
You're missing one great movie.

Wikipedia and the city's website have been interesting, but there's little info regarding what I was asking above.
SL James
QUOTE (tisoz @ Mar 3 2006, 06:20 PM)
I have not seen A History of Violence.  Columbia is a big college town and is usually listed as one of the best places to live in the US.  That being said, my family refers to the state as Misery.

It wouldn't have anything to do with that fact that as a state they elected John Ashcroft to be the AG, Governor, and U.S. Senator by any chance?
tisoz
Heat and humidity, mostly.
fistandantilus4.0
our group had fun with that one because when I ran it, they had just came back form Amazonia. As in yesterday. They were paid extra for the rush . They went from combat fatigues to the the central US. The culture shock was fun. I made the whole place as anti-SR-ish as possible. Slow response time from cops, gangers pussing out of fights, people weirding out if they walk in to a bar with a gun. Just taking them completely out of their elemnt. That made it even more fun when they got attacked by the other team. And the whole 'nunn' thing was a real shock too. Just my two cents.

Oh yeah, and one of the runners ended up spending the run in the Intensive care unti because he'd caught malaria. good times, good times.
Cain
I just got back from a [forced] vacation in Missouri. What would you like to know?
SL James
So I guess they wanted both nuts.
PlatonicPimp
I live in st. louis and have been through columbian a few times. It is a big college town, but the university is not the only thing going on there. It is the only major city between st. louis and kansas city on route 70, so it is full of trucker stops and other things that cater to that crowd.
Vagabond
Some links: (yay Google)

Tourist Info
City Government Site
City Map
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012