Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On The Run Final Cover and Price Change
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thyme Lost

Shadowrun RPG - FanPro
The final On the Run cover is now online, and the book is at press. We originally projected On the Run to be 64 pages, but in the end it’s slimmed down to 56 pages, so we’ve also slimmed the price down to $12.99.

Cover art by Shane Coppage, cover design by Jason Vargas:
On The Run Cover

Thyme
fistandantilus4.0
Just noticed that it was written by Robyn. That's nice to see. Definitely looking forward to it now.
Zen Shooter01
Well, I'm glad to see that 4th edition expansions are starting to come out now. Hopefully the screen will follow soon.
Elve
Why didn't you add the SR4 Conversion Rules + Handouts, too (like the German one), if you got short on pages?
Adam
Just to make something clear: the "handouts" in the german version aren't additional material; they're just the maps from the adventure, printed again at the back of the book.
Brahm
QUOTE (Elve @ Mar 5 2006, 12:26 PM)
Why didn't you add the SR4 Conversion Rules + Handouts, too (like the German one), if you got short on pages?

I'm cool myself with them knocking off $2 from the retail price instead of printing the 6 pages of SR3 to SR4 conversion rules. Even if I planned to convert many of them I like that they kept it free digital only, although I do understand some people have sort of a fetish for of professional print and would want it the other way.

Speaking of digital. Although for that price it is kind of hard to not just pay the FLGS for the hardcopy, what is the word so far Adam on plans for On The Run in PDF? I don't notice anything mentioned in that announcement.
AJCarrington
Any idea as to when we will be able to pre-order?

AJC
coyote6
FWIW, the PDF version is up on DriveThruRPG: On the Run

Edit: And RPGNow: On the Run
Wizard
Just downloaded my copy from BattleCorps.

Just did a quick skim through it and have to say I like the art. The cover is in full color while the rest of the book is greyscale. Gives a good first impression. Also noticed there was a fair bit of advice for the GM such as reference tables and how to handle certain situations.

Also picked up the Aztlan PDF from the second edition. For $9.00 it's a welcome addtion to my eBook collection.
JongWK
Just noticed that the Tenochtitlan map is also available for free at the website. Nice touch.
AJCarrington
QUOTE (coyote6)
FWIW, the PDF version is up on DriveThruRPG: On the Run

Edit: And RPGNow: On the Run

Thanks!!

AJC
Brahm
QUOTE (JongWK)
Just noticed that the Tenochtitlan map is also available for free at the website. Nice touch.

When you purchase the Aztlan PDF? Because I can't find it otherwise. Linkage if I'm blind please. smile.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (Brahm)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Mar 14 2006, 01:25 PM)

When you purchase the Aztlan PDF? Because I can't find it otherwise. Linkage if I'm blind please. smile.gif

There's a link in the press release, but just in case, here.
Brahm
QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (Brahm @ Mar 14 2006, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Mar 14 2006, 01:25 PM)

There's a link in the press release, but just in case, here.

Ah, that website. I was just checking the retailers. Thanks.
Codethulhu
Went and bought it this morning, read it this afternoon.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It has a chance for every archetype to shine, and the atmosphere takes me back to the days of 2nd ed. It is generally well-written, and every section contains page references to the BBB for all concepts touched in the scene. Hacking was still a little too abstract for my liking, but perhaps I'm just wired that way. I'll definately be GMing this soon.
Dashifen
Agreed. Definatley worth the price for the e-book and, because I'm a rabid fanboy, I'll probably buy it from my FLGS when it's available, too. I've already warned my group not to buy it yet, or if they do, not to read it. 'Course that means they'll all probably buy/read it now but that'll only ruin their fun after all.
Nomad
One thing that really stood out is how they walked you through everything, including all the page references in the BBB. IMHO, this is how an intro book should be. Even for us veteran types, the reinforcement of how AR has impacted the world is a welcome addition.
Adam
I'm glad to hear that so many people are liking On The Run. smile.gif

We don't normally ask for this sort of stuff, but for those who bought On The Run, please take the time to write a quick review of it on the site you bought it from -- since we now sell eBooks at so many sites, it takes a few more reviews to adequately cover them, and those mini-reviews are important, not just as reviews themselves, but just to show other people that people are buying and playing Shadowrun.

So, if you could take five minutes to do a quick review for the sites when you buy a FanPro eBook [even if it's an older one ...] we would appreciate that. Thanks!
Codethulhu
I've a group of complete and utter shadowrun newbies who'd like to try it in a week or two. Will post a review after seeing how it goes
Chaos Kingpin
I am in the midst of finals, nut I have read a little bit...

So far it looks like a great introduction (I am a first time GM) It definately has taken some of the fear out of getting my first official RP session underway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012