Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astral projection & manifesting questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ruvidan
Hey I do have a question about astral projection as well. It just seems like anyone who is astrally projecting can go anywhere anytime. Even the barriers seem like they can eventually be breached fairly easily with a little bit of time. Also, in terms of manifesting back to the physical realm...if an astrally projecting character manifests, can he have a communication back and forth between two people or can he only relay information but cannot understand what the others are saying. What I mean is..can an astrally projecting mage just sneak up and eaves drop anywhere he pleases when he chooses to manifest, or can he only speak but cannot hear?
Thanee
That's what magical security is for. Patrolling mages or elementals, wards, etc. They won't keep you out, but they might alarm them of your presence.

Bye
Thanee
tisoz
QUOTE (ruvidan)
...if an astrally projecting character manifests, can he have a communication back and forth between two people

Yes, two way communication is possible.
..can an astrally projecting mage just sneak up and eaves drop anywhere he pleases when he chooses to manifest, or can he only speak but cannot hear?

He can hear from the astral plane without needing to manifest, so if he wants to eavesdrop, not manifesting is going to be sneakier. Manifesting allows those on the physical plane to see and hear him.
ruvidan
QUOTE (Thanee)
That's what magical security is for. Patrolling mages or elementals, wards, etc. They won't keep you out, but they might alarm them of your presence.

Bye
Thanee

Cool, right on..so then the astral plane is loaded with spirits and mages patrolling around for sneaking mages?

I suppose I'm wondering how noticable auras/spirits/etc. are on the astral plane? For instance, can an astrally projecting mage use his stealth skill to hide or is his aura just too bright? Let's say there are 10 patrolling spirits in a building and the mage is watching a conversation between two people, how easy is it for a spirit to find the mage? Would it be a standard perception test?

I read somewhere that it says that the aura is vibrant and colorful, but if this is true then there is no sneaking past a watcher spirit without it seeing your bright aura? People who are invisible can be seen through the astral also, right?

Thanks again for all the help!
tisoz
QUOTE (ruvidan)
it says that the aura is vibrant and colorful, but if this is true then there is no sneaking past a watcher spirit without it seeing your bright aura?

They are obvious unless trying to be stealthy. If trying to hide, an Assensing test is required, page 182. Search power is on page 290.

People who are invisible can be seen through the astral also, right?

Yes, ditto stealth though.
ruvidan

He can hear from the astral plane without needing to manifest, so if he wants to eavesdrop, not manifesting is going to be sneakier. Manifesting allows those on the physical plane to see and hear him.

If a mage can eavesdrop the physical sounds from the astral plane, then what is the clairavoyance spell used for?

Right on about the stealth..so it would be an infiltration vs. assensing test I take it... thanks bro!
mfb
clairvoyance is for when you don't want to, or can't, project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012