Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
stevebugge
Picture:
http://www.patandsuus.com/Images/trips_vac...kunukuapuaa.jpg

Just for fun I was thinking about making an awakened version of the good old unofficial state fish of Hawaii for use in an upcoming adventure, mostly because I want to have my players try to say it. I'm just curious to see what everyones awakened Humuhumunukunukuapua'a would be like.
Magus
It drops down from Coral Reefs on its prey and spits acid in their brains
stevebugge
I should probably add that I may make it the target of an "extraction" for a VIP of some type who wants an exotic pet.
emo samurai
Maybe it should summon water spirits, since it's so popular.
MK Ultra
It probably advertizes softdrinks, which in turn means it most likely works for Aztech, which means it probably does bloodmagic wink.gif
emo samurai
No, I mean, if it's very closely tied in to the zeitgeist, it should have crazy shamanic magic or something.
Platinum
They sing a siren's song that charms players, they drown and die, then the fish ley their eggs in them.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Platinum)
They sing a siren's song that charms players, they drown and die, then the fish ley their eggs in them.

I like that one, maybe the fish can zombify the victims for a while while their young develop too.
MK Ultra
Zombification is cool. Probably it can survive in sweet water and in many climates. The zomby egg-transporter travles to another location, then when itīs time, regurgitates the small fraggers into some body of water (or the sewers) and ???
Moon-Hawk
Does the awakened version have a longer name?
Ooh, make sure to give bonus karma to players that pronounce it correctly. Or maybe to those who come up with incorrect, but hilarious mispronounciations.
Snow_Fox
The name is what makes it deadly. By the time you can say "It's a humuhumunukunukuapua! run" it's too late.
MK Ultra
"humuhumuhumanhuntingnukunukunuklearblastingapuanahasapelian" biggrin.gif
stevebugge
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
Does the awakened version have a longer name?
Ooh, make sure to give bonus karma to players that pronounce it correctly. Or maybe to those who come up with incorrect, but hilarious mispronounciations.

Well if we go with it having an influence or control innate spell based on a song it could have a longer name.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'akapumelemoana Which takes the fish's name and adds the Hawaiian words Kapu for Taboo or forbidden, Mele meaning Song or Chant, and Moana for Ocean.

So this would be the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a that knows the forbidden song of the ocean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012