Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NEWS] 'Trode Technology today
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
the_dunner
Article about a new product demo'd at CeBIT
SL James
Sweet! Now I can write one sentence in the span of... what? oh... several hours. And only with serious concentration and training? Oh...

I r impresd.
eidolon
Gee, cynical much? Try an exercise:

Think back to when computers like the Apple II were the pinnacle of processing power. Remember a game called Driver 2?

Fast forward a mere 20 years. Look what we have out there now.

Not only that, but the technology curve has done nothing over time but speed up.

Now look at the article.
SL James
Oh, those. I was too busy taking them apart and putting them back together.

But seriously, I'm sick of new threads every time something even remotely linked to SR gets posted to BoingBoing or Engadget or Gizmodo, and then someone like yourself comes all over the foum about this great SR-related thing for the three people who don't read those forums.

Gee, maybe we can start trawling for links off del.icio.us/shadowrun while we're at it and fill the forum up with more random, mostly useless links than even emo on his best day could crap out.
fistandantilus4.0
What's the matter James? Holding out for your first datajack instead? smile.gif
SL James
Of course not.

Radio brains is where it's at.

pwned!
Arethusa
INTERNET TOUGH GUY CONFIRMED.
fistandantilus4.0
I think it's gonna be a while until you get to be a technomancer bud. But at least you make sure that you mark your calendar. It ouwld be sad to avoid the trodes for 50+ years, and then accidentally schedule a vacation in the bahamas when you're supposed to be jacked in to get your brain hard boiled.

On your other point, Adam was supposed to be setting something up to go the other way around, where we post all of those "something[s] even remotely linked to SR " on there instead of here. So happy birthday, or St. Patty's , or whatever.

And I don't think you give emo enough credit
SL James
Radio brains are magic. I mean, there are people without even a datajack who have them. So pthbbbt.

Arethusa: I didn't even say how I'd totally kick his ass for doing it. But it's not my fault I'm better than him.

And I don't give any credit to a leech like emo.
fistandantilus4.0
hehehe, yeah, you're right. Must be since cyber messes with 'em. I still hate that.

Remember though that if they don't have a datajack, they must have been wearing a trode. If only they'd stayed with their clunky, 1hr to put on, type ten words a minute 'trode', 2006 version, all this never would have happened. Then we could go back to what I'd always dreamed of : snotty otaku brats that go out to the local deckmeister somewhere around their 22nd birthday.

Ed as a technoshaman scares me.
SL James
I thought you read Loose Alliances. I have little doubt Ted is (in 2070) a technomancer.

Or dead.

Guess which I'd prefer.

But AFAIK, you could just wake up one day and have a radio brain. That would be... just swell.

BTW, if I was a real asshole I'd be screaming about where the_dunner was when they demo'ed an AR-capable cell phone at CeBIT AND complaining.
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, I wasn't going to bring Ted up. Too many bad memories.

Do imitation assholes just mention instead of screaming? wink.gif
SL James
We prefer the term "faux asshole," and Yes.
eidolon
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
What's the matter James? Holding out for your first datajack instead? smile.gif

Actually, there was already an article a while back that smacked of "datajack precursor". I don't have the link anymore, but the gist was that a microchip was placed on the surface of the brain, and the people in the test were able to use it to move a mouse cursor with decent accuracy just by thinking about it. It took a few hours of practice, but IIRC they had some people playing pong with it.

Now that I do a quick google search, I see that there are a few groups working on them now.

Oh, and SL: Don't click on them?
emo samurai
How the fuck am I a leech? If you're talking about how I ask questions about books I don't have, that's probably because I'm leery about buying books for editions I won't be running. Which I guess you consider strange, judging from your irrational, seething anger at everything that doesn't fit in with your insistence on a homogenously disaffected mode of play. Funny, not wanting to spend money on things that might be outdated in a few months. I'm obviously insane.

If you're talking about my ideas for characters and campaigns, then just don't read my posts. They're very consciously confined to two pages. If that's too much, then... wow. Just wow.

You're obviously dedicated to maintaining a very strict if invisible form of Internet etiquette. That either makes you a complete poser or a complete dickhead. Take your pick.

That said, these threads are redundant. They're too peripherally linked to SR as a hobby to take up this much space.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012