Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fifth World solutions to Background Count
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hyzmarca
The combination of organic material (cured fiberglass resin, or soil, or wood, or cotton, etc.) and metal chips provides a matrix which has the capacity to attract and capture orgone energy as Wilhelm Reich's research demonstrated in the 1930's/40's and discussed in Reich's book, The Cancer Biopathy.  Adding a crystal intensifies that process and allows you the opportunity to 'program' the crystal with your mind (and intentions) to direct that energy towards a specific task or goal.  Don Croft found a web site that identified the combination of resin and metal chips as "orgonite". Don and his wife Carol found that these orgonite/crystal devices can tansmute  'DOR', the negative polarity of orgone energy, into 'OR', the positive polarity of orgone energy. Initially, Don experimented by adding the fiberglass resin/metal chip matrix to his Terminator boxes to enhance its action, and Carol, who can see the human aura, noticed that the auric field of Don's body had expanded when he was wearing the Terminator. She also noticed that placing an orgone generator in the vicinity of a nuclear power plant had the effect of reducing the size of the DOR orgone field that surrounds all nuclear reactors. After noting the changes to his aura by using the resin.metal matrix in the Terminator, Don started deploying a larger orgone generator called a Holy Handgrenade (HHg) to neutralize the DOR field surrounding ELF (cell phone) towers, Reptilian portals, satanic ritual sites, and nuclear reactors

Original Article

Orgone Generators are a unique type of focus which function to cleans toxic and corrupt background counts. For every point of Force an orgone generator can cleanse 1 point of background count over a 1 meter radius.

In the event an orgone generator's force is greater than the rating of the negative backgrond count the generator will produce a positive bacground count with 1 rating point over a 1 meter area for every force point greater than the Background count. This BC is aspected towards growth and healing.

If an orgone generator is places in a background count that is already positive (lovefests and ect.) it adds its force to the background count and expends the BC by 1 meter for every point of force while aspecting it towards healing in addition to any other nonviolent aspectations that count may already have.

This process takes one week per point of background count and may work differently in nonterrestrial locations.
Lindt
Just out of courosity, where in the 7 hells did you find this?
hyzmarca
I was looking for a website to that supports the position that Jeffery Macdonald (an army doctor who was convicted of murder after a manson-family like group of maniac hippies/satanists slaughtered his entire family and left him alive to take the blame) was innocent to use to bolster my idea of railroading a good cop after some crazy Shadowrunnrs murder his entire family.

The first website I found supporting his innocence (rather than supporting his guilt or being completely neutral) looked a little kooky (insane). I went up to the index page and found the treasure trove of new agey mystical alien conspiricy madness that is http://educate-yourself.org .

This site is great. It has all kinds of completely insane crap that can easily be modified to fit into the Shadowrun magic system.

For example, Sylphs (aka Air Elementals) are currently fighting a secret war with illumaniti backed black magicians.
Ancient History
Well, at least you didn't get the idea by reading John Shirley's contribution to Hottest Blood.
tisoz
QUOTE (Lindt)
Just out of courosity, where in the 7 hells did you find this?

Sounds like the stuff that comes up on Coast to Coast Radio. Cell phone towers, Reptilian portals, satanic ritual sites, and nuclear reactors, crystals, Reich, and aura reading have all come up on the program.

Of course, this show makes the National Enquirer look like the Wall Street Journal.
mfb
yeah... but what better source material in a world where stuff like that is actually possible?

interesting, but i'm not sure i'd allow it; seems too powerful, especially considering they can be plunked out on an assembly line. at the very least, i'd make them roll their rating against the current background count in order to reduce it; permanent bg counts (eg Auschwitz) would have their effective bg count doubled for the purposes of determining the TN.

additionally, i'd say that each orgone generator must be crafted using 10^(rating) units of alchemical radicals. that way, mundanes can make them, but it's much harder to mass produce them at higher ratings.
hyzmarca
Actually, I was thinking of just assuming that these manufactures are spikebaby enchanter adepts and just don't know it, so that an Orgone generator has to be bound like a focus and counts toward focus addiction but doesn't have to be in physical contact with the owner. This, combined with the 1 week per rating rule makes them little more than magical paperweights. But, since they are only aspected toward healing they would be very useful to have around for awakened healers, hospitals, paranoid magicians who angered some other magicians, and the like. A pleasant background count in your home will be refreshing and make it difficult for enemy mages to attack you.
mfb
that'd work too. i'd just be careful to not make them too powerful. i'd slow the process down, for one thing--make a rating 5 bg count take a week of uninterrupted filtering, make permanent bg counts difficult or impossible to get rid of completely, etcetera. you should also consider how this generator interacts with the mana static spell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012