Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Squirt
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyoto Kid
So, during a session where one of the characters was using the Ares Super Squirt the question of recoil and weapon noise came up.

In M&M [SR3] the Super Squirt was most definitely a squirt weapon which mixed equal amounts io DMSO and a chosen chemical compound from two reservoirs into a single stream. The attraction here for several of mu characters was of course the lack of any noise or recoil.

The SR4 version is described as firing a gel type round that bursts on impact releasing the DMSO/Compound cocktail. This of course would not make it a true squirt [exotic] weapon and thus it would then fall under pistols skill. The weapon would also use compressed air or CO2 to fire the projectile rather than a powder propellant (similar to tranq dart weapons currently in use). In this case, the way I would see it is there would be a bit of noise (maybe like a pellet gun or air rifle), but not the loud bang of a standard firearm since no explosive charge is used and the projectile also is not breaking the sound barrier.

Brahm
The shooter still uses an Exotic Range Weapon Skill, that is made very clear in the line above the description. However it seems to have changed slightly between II and III, dropping the dual clip/resivoir design for a somewhat more conventional design. It will likely have a sound somewhere between an air rifle and a paintball gun, going roughly by what the muzzle end looks like in the accompanying picture.

By RAW it would still have recoil since there is nothing I notice saying it is anything but the default. But I don't really buy that and would be inclined as a GM to remove the recoil, considering it as oversight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012