Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Drone Stats Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Johnnycache
As always, sorry if this is covered:

What are the default initial Response, Signal and Firewall ratings for a given drone?

I assume the Firewall is equal to the rating of the pilot program (like an agent), but it would be nice to see in print someplace...and what about Response and Signal?
Ophis
3 I believe.

Rules are givejn for improvong all the ratings except sensor (grrr)
nick012000
Take a look at the table in the Matrix chapter with the ratings for normal devices, and consider that the difference between a drone and a vehicle isn't very big, ruleswise.

So, 3 for a civvie one, 4 for a security one, and 5 for a military one.
Johnnycache
Yeah, I can improvise a workable rating, I was hoping that a cannonical set of ratings was in a table somewhere that I'd just missed.
Habzial
I was just discussing this with a friend of mine because I was thinking of playing a rigger. There's no way to guess the canon upgrade pricing since all of the drones with different sensors are fundamentally dissimilar. However, I came up with a formula for Sensor upgrade pricing that I think is fair:

Upgrade cost = Base Cost of Drone * 0.75^(7 - Desired Rating)

This formula is meant for a system where 6 is the highest possible Sensor rating. If you'd like to go with a different max, change the number 7 (in the exponent calculation) to Your Max Rating + 1.

You could also use this as a conversion table, just to cut out some of the math...
R1 = 0.178
R2 = 0.237
R3 = 0.316
R4 = 0.422
R5 = 0.563
R6 = 0.75

Example: The Lone Star iRoll has Sensor 2 and costs 1500. Using this formula, the Sensor pricing for this drone would be:
R3 Sensor - 474 nuyen.gif
R4 Sensor - 633 nuyen.gif
R5 Sensor - 845 nuyen.gif
R6 Sensor - 1125 nuyen.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012