Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Spells in SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
30+coyote
So I was thinking of making a spell, one totally new, for my hermetic. Any rules on that yet? I was thinking of a spell that freezes the body like cryogenics so you can preserve someone at the edje of death or just bring someone too it by cold damage.
Jhaiisiin
Sounds like a cool idea (no pun intended), but why not just heal them? Or are we talking in a situation where the magical healing is no longer available (or crazily enough, the mage doesn't have the heal or treat spells)?
Taki
Just for information, the only way to use cold to protect someone from all the destructive biological process, or to help stopping an blood loss is to cold the body gradually (duration : concentration, need at least a few round to take effect), and not too much (say not less than 28°C ). Otherwise a cold spell will act as a combat spell.
Azathfeld
QUOTE (Taki)
Just for information, the only way to use cold to protect someone from all the destructive biological process, or to help stopping an blood loss is to cold the body gradually (duration : concentration, need at least a few round to take effect), and not too much (say not less than 28°C ). Otherwise a cold spell will act as a combat spell.

Bah, s'magic. The spell could act like, say, magical antifreeze as well, keeping ice crystals from forming inside of cells and preserving the body from damage.

Although you'd do just as well with a spell that puts the body in "magical stasis", where it is no longer dying, unless you're trying to finagle a bonus out of an ice specialization.
Azralon
Hibernate.

Dress it up in whatever flavor you want, but that's the spell you're looking for.
Shrike30
Add +2 drain for the elemental effect, and you're set smile.gif
tisoz
Petrify.

Stops the enemy in his tracks.

Stops blood loss instantaneously, broken bones are immobilized, organs don't deteriorate, and target gets pain relief by not having consciousness.
The Jopp
Turn too goo would be better, much easier to store people in barrels. biggrin.gif
Rooks
one word: Healball!
Brahm
QUOTE (Rooks)

Given that healing spells are generally touch range that brings up a rather unsettling visual. wobble.gif
Azralon
QUOTE (Rooks)

Heh. I've had Healbolt before, and I shall have it again. Saves me from running over to heal the idjit that just got himself shot. "Stabilize Bolt" will be fun, too.

And I'm really looking forward to a Decrease (Attribute) spell with LOS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012