Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: The Soundtrack
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
SgtSavage
I'm thinking of whipping up some music CDs with very Shadowrun-inspired themes - ya know, to help with the mood.

Of course, I have my own ideas of what the music of Shadowrun is, but I'm open to hearing what you folks would like to hear on such a CD...

I'm looking for Artist/CD Name/Song, and if you're up for it...what genre of music it is, and why you think it captures the essence of SR.

Your help and advice is of course appreciated. smile.gif
Shadow
"Bring Me to Life" by Evanescance.

A great SR song if you ask me, and you did!

Also,

"When worlds collide" by Powerman 5000

Neon Tiger
Try Mp3.com and download songs under the categories ambient and dark ambient. Those have good SR mood in them.

Some of the artists I recommend:

dreamSTATE
Ian Boddy
Max Corbacho
Positively Dark
Eldritch
Cityscape

Found this sometime ago.....
DR_Derude

Hi
I recommend using, musik with no lyrics... or lyrics that dosn't disturb the gameplay...
- Prodigy... nice for wking up the players a bit in combat situations
- also try lokking at some of your pc-gaming cd's sometimes there can be some great musik on..

enjoy.... wink.gif
Tziluthi
Something on Mezzanine, by Massive Attack. Maybe Dissolved Girl, Black Milk, Group Four, or Risingson.
Dark Scrier
Cliche me, but I use things with a lot of yelling, electronic stuff, or just plain spooky, depending on the mood of the game I'm running.

I remember running Harlequin's Back with a different set of music for each of the different parts. Pretty fun, got the players right into it.

For a regular game, you'll usually find me with:

Powerman 5000
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
Machinehead
Static X
Marilyn Manson
Some of that cool Shadowrun themed stuff
Spineshank
Maybe some Rage Against the Machine, or System of a Down for that old "Fighting against the system" feel.

Also, I find Firestarter by Prodigy a good one for my current Vampire game. One of the group is a Tremere who has one good solution to all circumstances, including diplomacy and roleplaying. "I burn it/him/her/them"
Ronin Soul
Well, if no-one's mentioned it (doubtful) I'll mention the Matrix soundtrack, but that one is kinda obvious.

It all really depends on the situation. For evoking atmosphere, especially in regards to Amerindians or slums (or both) I like some of the stuff by Beth Orton. It feels both dystopic and mystic some of the songs, so it can work quite well (one of her songs was more or less the theme song for an Amerind "Technoshaman" - Decker, in our group)

For a lot of the more in your face situations some songs by the Cranberries (THis is the Day and Wake Up and Smell the Coffee being notable) can work really well.

I think I'll second the Evenescance suggestion (though strangely enough, IMO that song best suits Abyssal Exalted from White Wolf's Exalted RPG but anyway).

For anything involving the Astral, a lot of Enya's stuff will do the trick (Aldebaran in particular).

Umm, a lot of Moby's stuff would do the trick for atmosphere stuff (Bodyrock just works for urban combat IMO)

Some of Red Hot Chilli Peppers stuff might work too.

There was a couple of threads in the old forums on this very topic, but I'm not even going to try looking for them!
SgtSavage
You guys are giving me some really great suggestions - please keep 'em coming! And Eldritch - that link you threw down would have totally rawked...but the links are no good any longer. frown.gif I dug a little futher and saw that I could get samples of the songs, though.

Ronin, you made a very good point on the music needing to fit the situation...I guess in my query for this music I was looking for both "all-around" songs as well as "best for this situation" stuff.
Abstruse
I love punk music, so my list will be definately biased:

Black Flag
Pennywise
Misfits
Bad Religion
"Song 13" by The Ataris (one of the only good songs they've ever done)
NOFX (the faster-paced government-oriented songs, and esp. "The Decline", their 19 minute long punk opera)
30footFALL (Local band from Houston)
Black Star Brigade (ditto)
Millencolin
No Use for a Name
Exploited
Pretty much any political-oriented or aggressive punk band

These are great for club-type scenes, because I figure with the opressive seeming omnipotence of the megacorps in Shadowrun, old fashioned and/or political-oriented punk music would be in big fashion as a way of expression a rage that cannot be otherwise expressed. Plus, with datajack and synth-driven music common-place, a strong underground of musicians who have nothing more than a loud amp, a guitar or two, a bass, a drummer, a guy screaming into a mic, and maybe a distortion pedal or three would be pretty strong.

Punk music spawned out of a time when political conservativism was strong and big business was in, so that would translate well to the distopian world of Shadowrun IMHO. Some of this style ot music won't work well as background music for gaming because of their strong bent toward lyrics, but it's definately the type of music I see as being big in the 2060s.

The Abstruse One
Krashlocke
I almost exclusively use the soundtrack from The Ghost in the Shell. It provides a perfect dystopic mood while not distracting from gameplay the way vocals do. I also sometimes throw in some of the sweeter tracks from Armitage III in there.

Ditto Evanessense's "Bring Me Back to Life". That's been this campaign's theme song! Too much good stuff about awakening and all that stuff.
Pistons
My tastes go to electronic music, which means a lot of techno, goth, industrial, acid jazz and downtempo. I like a little trip-hop for spice.

* Fight Club soundtrack, The Dust Brothers
* haujobb's albums (Solutions for A Small Planet in particular, but also Freeze Frame Reality, Less and Ninetynine)
* Wreath of Barbs (album), :wumpscut:
* Vapor Transmission (album), Orgy
* My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
* The Crystal Method (Tweekend and Vegas)
* Juno Reactor (Bible of Dreams, Beyond the Infinite, and Shango)
* KMFDM
* Gift (album), Curve
* Hacked (album), SMP
* Massive Attack
* Tricky
* Prodigy
* Triprocket (http://www.triprocket.com/audio.html)
* Spylab
Person 404
I'm just going to do what I did last time this topic came up and post a link to my Shadowrun playlists. Some of these are in drastic need of revision, but you'd be tailoring anything you used to your own tastes anyway, so it's not really a problem.
D.Generate
Fear Factory's album Obsolete is excellent

So are a few songs my my woman Otep "god is a gun" and "battle ready" are 2 in parcticular that are on my soundtrack

Lots of PM5K "bombshell" "are you ready to go" ect ect

Superjoint Ritual "f#@K Your Enemy" and the instumental "Oblivius Maximus"

Disturbed "Liberate"

Crystal Method, Propellerheads

My group and I enjoy the heavier music however so stick to the more metal based bands.

Another that i put on my most recent cd is Cannibal Corpse's "Relentless Beating" which is a music only track

trying to think back to older cds

Some MDFMK and KMFDM "Drug Against War"

Static-X "I Am" "Get to the Gone"

Few Ministry tracks "Supermanic soul"

Machine Head "Blood for Blood"

Thats just what I can think of right now While most of this music isn't for everyone my group likes it for Shadowrun.

Ancient History
Well, if'n ye can find it, there's Alex Cremers (who did the SR Music CD) and Christoph Sachal (German composer, lotsa SR-themed, nice stuff); plus of course the SR game music for the SNES and Genesis (I also like to use MIDI's from Chronotrigger. 's just me.) and Alarin did some lovely SRI instrumentals.
Crimsondude 2.0
It amazes me how many SR players are fans of the movie HEAT, but yet I've never seen anyone suggest the soundtrack. I guess I will have to because it's a really good soundtrack with a variety of different styles from dark and foreboding to lighter, Moby, techno, a great track to loop during a non-combat action scene (Force Marker, by Brian Eno), and just a good mix of music.

I personally have come to absolutely hate The Matrix Soundtrack. YMMV, but I don't find anything good coming from in now that I've had four years to come to loathe the movie and soundtrack, although I never liked RATM and never will.

I also think that for a wide variety of different music that could probably accomodate several types of scenes, the two volumes of the Any Given Sunday Soundtrack might be considered. There were over 120 songs/pieces of music used in the movie . It covered every genre except Country as far as I can tell. The CDs include: Moby, Ozomatli, Kid Rock, DMX, Ella Fitzgerald, POD, Godsmack, Missy Elliot, etc. I think some of the best songs aren't on the CDs, including the Native American chants, and most of the Classical pieces and Jazz. However, it's a good start.

I'd also suggest the Blade II Soundtrack just because Wesley Snipes thought all the techno music in the movie was crap, but where else can you get a track with Ice Cube and Paul Oakenfold? The track with The Roots and BT is pretty good though, IMO.
Deacon
I use an eclectic mix for my Shadowrun games. Some of my music I got from mp3.com; look for 'Shadowrun' in the standard search window. There was a group on mp3.com called Alarin and they may still be there -- some nice instrumental music based on Shadowrun. Some you can download, and the rest -- well, get Streamripper.

The one album I can't help but advocate is Billy Idol's Cyberpunk, which follows a very cyberpunk feel to its tracks.

Some soundtracks you'd never think about, but can come in very handy for certain themes within the game. Think about using the soundtrack to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon when dealing with the Triads, or the soundtrack to Gone in Sixty Seconds when playing a vehicle rigger. But I think the original poster was looking for more of a generic feel...

Also take a look at various Anime soundtracks. Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crisis 2040 have the advantage of coming from a cyberpunk theme already. Cowboy Bebop is perfect Shadowrun material. I'm not sure for others, because these days my anime comes from Cartoon Network, and they're lousy with translations.

Hopefully this helps.
Synner
Here's a little known off beat one that fits the bill VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theatre.
Hida Tsuzua
Deus Ex has a decent soundtrack that comes with Game of the Year Edition. If you can find it, I recommend it as the music is nice and has a Shadowruny feel to it. I've also used the Alien soundtrack before though I recall it was only fair SR music.
Sepherim
I'd go certainly for more technological metal, something in the lines of Rob Zombie or Rammstein. Marilyn Manson is good too. I'd look for some Guns and Roses too, and some Slash Snakepit (especially number 7 or 8 in the cd, I don't have their names). And check out Rage too.
Darker metal can be great too, such as Therion or Lacuna Coil (maybe even Nightwish, HIM or Theatre of Tragedy). And, sometimes, only sometimes, some (sucking) nu metal can work, such as Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit. Rage Against the Machine could do it too, maybe. Black and all that drek might do it, if you like it, though it tends to be too gothic.
Some epic and speed metal might work good, but check them song by song. Maybe some Nocturnal Rites can do it.
Classic rock can be a good option too, such as Megadeth or Deep Purple. You know, old rockers never die! wink.gif Kiss's "Psycho Circus" is a must! Probably some of Queen's songs could do it, but just some of them.
maybe a bit of rap could be fine too, "the sound from the streets", or something like that.
Enya is a good one too, for magical stuff. I also got a cd from a russian church chorus that is truly great (it was the song that I put for the last scene in my campaign). Other things like Edward Scissorhands soundtrack can work great too.
Some classical pieces can be great also for high-society meetings.
For terror scenes, check out the Alien soundtrack, and maybe Predator too.
Some videogames have good soundtracks, such as Mortal Combat, for example.
Maybe some techno, though I don't know groups or anything. frown.gif
Really any music can fit, you just have to look for the propper moment.
Elfie
I think for infiltration missions, "Adagio for Strings" by Barber makes a great piece. Think Platoon smile.gif
Sahandrian
The Seatbelts - Tank! (from Cowboy Bebop)
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone

Other than that, personal preference for atmosphere, or certain songs for specific situations.

I'd have more, but I no longer have any MP3s.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Sepherim)
Darker metal can be great too, such as Therion or Lacuna Coil (maybe even Nightwish, HIM or Theatre of Tragedy).

People calling the modern HIM "metal" cracks me up every time, never mind "dark"... Officially, it's still "love metal", but it's really just pop/rock. And isn't it "HER" in the US?

Nightwish isn't dark either, but at least it's metal, and I can see how that might fit, at least if you've got some nature types in your group. (Sacrament of Wilderness comes to mind...)
Rain
QUOTE (Elfie)
I think for infiltration missions, "Adagio for Strings" by Barber makes a great piece.  Think Platoon smile.gif

I more or less agree with this. That song is wonderful for SR mood music.

Myself, I've never found any one album that really felt like a "Shadowrun Soundtrack". The closest I've come are The Crow movie soundtrack, and Operation: Mindcrime from Queensryche.

Instead what I have done is taken individual songs from a number of different artists, and pieced them together. Most of the songs I use have lyrics, and so can be somewhat distracting during a game session. They make great inspirational music for writing up run ideas, however. I can't get to the two mixes I've made just at the moment, but here's a few samples from memory:

"Brothers In Arms" - Dire Straits, from Brothers In Arms
"Into Temptation" - Crowded House, from Temple of Low Men
"Fourth of July" - Soundgarden, from Superunknown
"Who Wants to Live Forever" - Queen, from A Kind of Magic
"Red Barcheta" - Rush, from Moving Pictures
"Gods of War" - Def Leppard, from Hysteria
"Private Investigations" - Dire Straits, from Love Over Gold
"Red Sector A" - Rush, from Grace Under Pressure
"Achilles Last Stand" - Led Zeppelin, from Presence
"Respect the Wind" - The Brothers Van Halen, from Twister movie soundtrack
"Run Like Hell" - Pink Floyd, from The Wall
"Sunday Bloody Sunday" - U2, from War
"Indifference" - Pearl Jam, from Vs.
"Running With the Devil" - Van Halen, from Van Halen I
SgtSavage
Great...thanks everyone.

Many of us had the same ideas, so it's nice to see that I wasn't so far off base (then again, if I was, that'd just be too fraggin' bad) - but I also got some really splendid suggestions, like Adagio for Strings and stuff from Lacuna Coil.

I think I've gotten enough to prepare at least 2 full CDs of the stuff - so thanks. biggrin.gif
Cain
Among the songs my group prefers-- Anything by Rammstien or NIN generally goes over well. Drowning Pool also has some good ones. Stabbing Westward's "Save Yourself!" is, for us, the sound of excretia-hitting-the-rotating-blades; and Superchick's "One Girl Revolution" is a favorite.

The Daredevil soundtrack has both the Evanescence song, and a Drowning Pool/Rob Zombie mix-- The Man Without Fear, a very good one for Shadowrun. I know, I know-- it's a perfect example of when bad movies happen to good soundtracks. nyahnyah.gif
DV8
QUOTE (Eldritch)
Cityscape

Found this sometime ago.....

Hmmm, that's the official Shadowrun Soundtrack, done by Alex Cremers. It's pretty good, though compared to what some people consider "Shadowrun" music, not exactly what everyone's looking for.

Personally, I like Juno Reactor. There's just nothing that comes close to their excellence.
Kagetenshi
The official Shadowrun soundtrack is good; I use a lot of Anime soundtracks, especially Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Serial Experiments Lain, and Akira. I also use the Mechwarrior II soundtrack and sometimes the soundtrack to Quake II.

~J
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Personally, I divided my CDs up into categories...combat, ambience (both night and day), decking, undercover, driving/chase music, and the like.

If you want the track lists, email me at greeksandwichpirate@lycos.com and I'll send them to you. They're a bit long to post here smile.gif
Kid Ridiculous
Might I suggest Marilyn Manson's cover of down in the Park I think it fits.
Crimsondude 2.0
I was just thinking about this, and I figured I should through this out the the GMs:

Not every club, bar, or restaurant has the greatest music in the world, and I wonder if anyone considered playing pop music, etc. during their games. It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to end up in a meet at a club where the music du jour is eqv.to, or is, Justin Timberlake. If for no other reason to mess with the characters and players by subjecting them to ambience that they find uncomfortable or just annoying.

[edit]Oh, Hell. I forgot about non-combat situations where (possibly) somebody like Ben Harper or Jack Jones would probably be more appropriate (Faces? What?)[/edit]
Person 404
I've done something a little like this, with an NPC whose headphones were constantly blasting Korean rap. I can sort of stand the stuff, but some of my players were less enthusiastic.
Kurukami
Actually, I threw together a pair of "Century XXI" CD burns awhile back, and I'm trying to work on a third one. So here's the tracks I've got on those CDs...

century XXI -- alpha

1. shadowrun - "voices from the past" (4:41)
2. apollo 440 - "stealth overture" (0:59)
3. anokha - "jaah" (6:00)
4. deep forest - "while the earth sleeps" (3:51)
5. kmfdm - "rules (reapplied)" (8:12)
6. lush - "undertow (spooky mix)" (9:13)
7. moby - "shining" (4:48)
8. underworld - "pearl's girl" (9:35)
9. splashdown - "karma slave"
10. juno reactor - "guardian angel" (7:12)
11. shadowrun - "into the abyss" (5:29)
12. apollo 440 - "stealth mass in f#m" (6:34)

Century XXI - Beta

1. Red Planet (Melissa Kaplan/Graeme Revell) -
"Dante's Eternal Flame"
2. Shadowrun - "Comes the Dawn"
3. Fluke - "Absurd"
4. Juno Reactor - "Samurai"
5. Peter Gabriel - "The Tower that Ate People"
6. Rob Zombie - "Scum of the Earth"
7. KMFDM - "Son of a Gun"
8. Meat Beat Manifesto - "They Say It's the Music"
9. Paul Oakenfold - "Dark Machine"
10. The Saint (Fluke) - "Atom Bomb"
11. Titan A.E. (Powerman 5000) - "The End is Over"
12. Alex Cremers - "Arena Conflict"
13. Apollo 440 - "Vanishing Point"
14. Emma Chaplin - "The Inferno"

The "Shadowrun" band thing is from a CD that I picked up at a convention. As I recall, it was created by a musician named Alex Cremers. Here's the URL for info on the album:

http://rateyourmusic.com/view_album_detail...bum_id_is_53185
Kurukami
QUOTE (Synner)
Here's a little known off beat one that fits the bill VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theatre.

Oh yeah! VAST is quite nice -- particularly tracks like "Here" and "Last One Alive". Great stuff, that...

Other things that I'm looking at right now include Orbital ("Halcyon and On and On" and "Blue Illusion" and "The Box"), Linkin Park ("In the End"), a bit of Evanescence (but "Imaginary" and "Lies" rather than "Bring Me to Life" -- there's a certain remix of "Imaginary" that one can find on a few file-sharing networks that's absolutely perfect), Wench ("Radio India"), Shojin (who can be found among the downloadable tracks at mp3.com), some Craig Armstrong, and a bunch of others.
Kurukami
QUOTE (Elfie)
I think for infiltration missions, "Adagio for Strings" by Barber makes a great piece. Think Platoon smile.gif

For that matter, Orbital did a techno remix of that particular piece. smile.gif
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I also use the Mechwarrior II soundtrack [...]

!!!!!
I was just planning to use that for my next game! I just finished writing going through it in order to find out which bit works for which kind of scene.

Oh and you can chalk up one more Rammstein-vote, particularly Sensucht and Mutter. I'm not that hot on Herzeleid, although at least Der Meister will work well as SR bg music.
DV8
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I use a lot of Anime soundtracks, especially Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

I like the GitS soundtrack a lot. Is the Stand Alone Complex anything like it?
DV8
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 19 2003, 06:17 AM)
I also use the Mechwarrior II soundtrack [...]

!!!!!
I was just planning to use that for my next game! I just finished writing going through it in order to find out which bit works for which kind of scene.

Mechwarrior II and Mechwarrior II: Ghost Bear's Legacy > *
biggrin.gif
Person 404
QUOTE (DV8)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 19 2003, 04:17 AM)
I use a lot of Anime soundtracks, especially Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

I like the GitS soundtrack a lot. Is the Stand Alone Complex anything like it?

Some tracks are in the same vein, some differ quite a bit. On the whole, it's higher-energy and less instrumental. I still find quite a number of tracks from both soundtracks useful for SR.
Threnody
For those interested in throwing Evanescence's Bring Me To Life into the mix, I highly recommend stopping by www.mixmanmike.com and downloading his club mix of the song. Mance did a magnificent job of bringing this one up to speed, and I think it's much better suited to the Shadowrun environment than the original.

I also believe just about anything from Abney Park, Ladytron and VNV Nation would make excellent additions for a playlist. smile.gif
DV8
QUOTE (Kurukami)
The "Shadowrun" band thing is from a CD that I picked up at a convention. As I recall, it was created by a musician named Alex Cremers. Here's the URL for info on the album:

http://rateyourmusic.com/view_album_detail...bum_id_is_53185

Yeah, and here you can download the entire album. (Link provided by Eldritch earlier in this thread. It pays to read a thread before posting.)

Some tracks are in the same vein, some differ quite a bit. On the whole, it's higher-energy and less instrumental. I still find quite a number of tracks from both soundtracks useful for SR.

Ah, thanks. I'll see if I can find it.
John Campbell
My Shadowrun playlist. It's changed a bit since last time this thread came around... among other things, I just acquired a copy of Warren Zevon's Transverse City, which is, almost in its entirety, excellent Shadowrun music.

Told my little Pollyanna / There's a place for you and me
We'll go down to Transverse City / Life is cheap and Death is free
Past the condensation silos / Past the all-night trauma stand
We'll be there before tomorrow / Pollyanna take my hand
Fygg Nuuton
i played the renraku arco with some kid from high school and made it out alive to my disbelief. i kept playing him and his theme song became "suburban life" by the Kottonmouth Kings
DV8
For those of you that managed to grab the System Shock 2 music files off of http://www.sshock2.com, they make an excelent action soundtrack for R:AS. smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (DV8)
Yeah, and here you can download the entire album. (Link provided by Eldritch earlier in this thread. It pays to read a thread before posting.).

The links to tracks 1, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12 don't work. frown.gif
Vegetaman
Dio sings about D&D type stuff, before D&D came out... So here we go:

Songs:

Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy - Johnny Blade
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - Computer God
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - TV Crimes
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - I
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - The Mob Rules
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - Die Young
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - Neon Knights
Black Sabbath w/ Dio - Children of the Sea
Testament - The New Order
Testament - Alone in the Dark
Ozzy - Gets Me Through
Ozzy - Junkie
Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society feat. Ozzy - Stillborn
Dio - Holy Diver
Dio - Lock up the Wolves
Dio - Don't talk to Strangers
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark

Albums:
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Dio - Holy Diver
Dio - Lock up the Wolves
Dio - Angry Machines
Dio - Killing The Dragon
Dio - Magica
Dio - Sacred Heart

Artists:

Dio
JongWK
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
It amazes me how many SR players are fans of the movie HEAT, but yet I've never seen anyone suggest the soundtrack. I guess I will have to because it's a really good soundtrack with a variety of different styles from dark and foreboding to lighter, Moby, techno, a great track to loop during a non-combat action scene (Force Marker, by Brian Eno), and just a good mix of music.

Yes! YES! HEAT RULES!!!!!!!! notworthy.gif

Other soundtracks (mostly without lyrics, which is good):

The Terminator (what a great soundtrack).

Blade Runner (somewhat exotic and the "End Theme" is fantastic and IMHO would be the definite opening theme for a Shadowrun Series or Anime).

Bram Stoker's Dracula - "The Hunters" theme is awesome.

Ghost in the Shell is great too.

If your runners ever go to space (probably a habitat), consider putting Enterprise's opening theme the first time they look to the smogless sky
and see the stars (and they are not lightbulbs, chummer!). That should remind them how badly has mankind screwed up with Earth.

Phantom 2040's soundtrack. Weird TV series. I liked it a lot.

Mission Impossible 2 - Good soundtrack, and not just Metallica and Limp Bizkit.

Try digging some old 1980's soundtracks (like Black Rain's)

JongWK
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)

If you want the track lists, email me at greeksandwichpirate@lycos.com and I'll send them to you. They're a bit long to post here smile.gif

I'm interested in knowing your lists.

The main theme of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" is awesome. There are other good old western themes that work.

Evanescence has a song, I think it is "I'm goinmg under" or something like that (they are playing it on TV nowadays, it is a concert with deformed fans and the lead singer wearing black and red.

Not all clubs have good music. I once ran a game where they had a meeting in a nightclub full of teen fans of "Rainbow Five" (a japanese pop band that is a mix between Five and the Power Rangers, go figure). I actually put some Backstreet Boys songs as background music. My players ended up hating the Johnson rotfl.gif
Ulfgeir
Stuff I usually use:

Albums:
---------
Rammstein - Herzelid
Rammstein - Sehnsucht
Rammstein - Mutter
Frontline Assembly (Any CD)
Covenant - Europa (After this one they went to much pop.)
Front 242 (Any CD)
Die Krupps - I
Die Krupps - II
Cat Rapes Dog - Maximum Overdrive
Cat Rapes Dog - God, Guns & Gasoline
Cat Rapes Dog - Moosehair Underwear (After this they sort of lost it.)
Funker Vogt (Any CD)

The soundtrack to The Crow
The soundtrack to Mortal Combat
The soundtrack to The Matrix

I actually used the song "The Voice" by Eimear Quinn for atmosphere once.

Other stuff I would use if I had the records on CD (and were playing more often).
Apoptygma Berzerk
VNV Nation
Hocico
DAF
Laibach
Pouppe Fabrick
Ministry
Spetsnaz
Nitzer ebb
A; Grumh
Nine Inch Nails
Skinny Puppy

/Ulfgeir
Rain
"Holy Diver". Wow, I can feel my mullet growing in just thinking about it! Heh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012