Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ship in a bottle.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Lindt
Ok, here we go. Rules first:

123 points
Avil cap will be set at 6(so go change that setting in your NSRCG).
Im accepting donations for your starting boat (its not a ship, yet). If by chance you all dump a ton of money on me, Ill either upgrade it nicly, or refund it.
While Id love a huge back story, Im more interested in a general character sketch, who is he, why is she, what will ze do in times of great personal trial?
I will be starting off with a GmPC to kick the plot in the ass, but just to get the ball moving.
Please post your charcter here when ready, and feel free to use the spoile tag a lot.

This will be an ocean going game, but think more Port Royal and less Sid Miers Pirates. (aka this is going to be pistols and cutlasses, its going to be a lot of port to port traveling)

I do request at least one person with a VCR, at least one Shamen, and at least one person with diving experance.

Once we get a good collection Ill fire up a free form thred for you to hash out your charcters in before we start the real game on April 3rd (we hope).
Chance359
Are Rayguns weapons allowed? I was thinking about a G-36 for my guys main weapon.
Wounded Ronin
Hmm, SR3; on that basis alone I am interested. I can burn through 123 points almost from memory, especially if I only buy crappy gear. Never done a seafaring campaign before, though. Perhaps there's room for some Douglas Fairbanks jokes.
Lindt
Ahh right.

No Rayguns, but Ill accept style weapons as long as they arnt over powered.
Example: A 2 round break action heavy pistol that is trying to look like an old flint lock. If anyone trys to get a costom assult rifle with 7 points of recoil comp past me I hit them with a cow.
Wounded Ronin
So, what's the time period, then? 1500s? 1700s?
Jaid
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
So, what's the time period, then? 1500s? 1700s?

with a VCR? what are you going to rig, exactly?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Jaid)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Mar 20 2006, 07:42 PM)
So, what's the time period, then?  1500s?  1700s?

with a VCR? what are you going to rig, exactly?

The aforementioned break action heavy pistol which presumably is something from the 1500s or 1700s.
Jaid
so you're going to rig your pistol? not sure that works out too well.

i think you might try pulling the trigger instead, and rigging the boat. you might get better results that way.

if you're wondering, i'm referring to this:
QUOTE (Lindt)
I do request at least one person with a VCR, at least one Shamen, and at least one person with diving experance.
what would you need a vehicle control rig for in the 1700s, let alone the 1500s?

Wounded Ronin
Let me put it this way. References to old pirate games and break action pistols as well as VCRs has confused me.
Lindt
It was my example of a style weapon.
And it wouldnt have been break action in the 1500s it would have been a muzzle loader (and have the rough penetrating power of an angry flea compaired to a Browning Max power).

2067, starting in the port of Miami.
Wounded Ronin
Since I don't have any sourcebooks with me I'll probably make a physad from memory, not spend any points on resources, and just take extremely basic gear. If someone can just remind me how many points being a physad costs, I'll whip up a nice human physad right away.
Kanada Ten
25 points.
HMHVV Hunter
Holy crap, talk about timing...

I just made a character intended for a pirate game. Yeah, I based him off Malcolm Reynolds, but oh well - I'd love to play him. He's a fish shaman, but he's got enough gunslinging skill to do well for himself in a firefight.

Is this gonna be smuggling-heavy? If so, I'm interested.

Are we gonna work out crew arrangements (who's the captain, etc) during character creation or when?

I'm VERY interested in joining this.
Lindt
No problem HH. Its not exactly a piraty game, but I wont ever turn away a shaman from anything. So yes to the much smuggling as well.

I have a Gm-NPC Im going to carry as Capt. for a little bit. Its a spoiler, but I fully intend to remove him and let you all sort captain-ship in game.
Sicarius
i'm still very interested. my character is ready, I'm just having some trouble transporting him from my home computer to my work computer (where i have internet)
HMHVV Hunter
I'm in then. Soon as the character thread goes up, I'll post him, though I'll have to retool him a bit (I designed him with 130 BP).
Lindt
consider this the charcter thread. You managed to miss the "hey is anyone interested?" thread =p
HMHVV Hunter
Ah. Alright, I'll re-tool it and then put the stats up here.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
25 points.

Thanks! I'll probably prepare a character over the weekend. (I'm a day ahead of the continental US, so that means it will probably appear on the continental US sunday.)
HMHVV Hunter
Alright here's my character:

[ Spoiler ]
Lindt
Man I can tell I have been sick. One other little house rule I have, is you speak one language as native (aka free up to as well as you can type). I just like to have people be able to speak more then one language, realism be dammed. (it also means that I can use languages more for your boon/bane.)

So you have 6 more language points to throw around HH.
HMHVV Hunter
Done and done.
Musashi Forever
I'm lost, is the game closed or can I still submit a character. Thanks. cyber.gif
Tashio
Ugh would help if I was looking at the correct page. *whaps self*
Lindt
Nope, go ahead and submit.
HMHVV Hunter
Just out of curiosity, how many players are signed up for this so far?
Glyph
Let's see, there was me (still interested, but I'm going to have to look at his gear to see if I can ditch any to help pay for the ship), chance359, Bearclaw, Sicarius, and nick012000 on the intro thread, and Wounded Ronin, Musashi Forever, and you added on this thread. That's just the people who have expressed interest - not everyone has submitted a character yet.
HMHVV Hunter
Aww damn...yeah, I forgot about the helping pay for the ship part.

All I've got is 1,100 nuyen. Hmmm...maybe I can look into making the ship his Low lifestyle (cramped quarters aboard a ship would qualify, I think).
Sicarius
my character will have at least 100,000 to contribute to the ship.
he's all ready, still having trouble getting the file transfered over to the work computer.
Callidus
I'm interested and being SR3 I actually understand the rules *8-> I'll try again get a character together and posted with background.... I'm thinking boat/ship and drone rigger.... dunno if anyone's already going driver, if so I'll go more drone than boat.... well if I get in of course *8-> I'll see what I can get done over the weekend
Lindt
HH, Im sure we can cram you in the gally closet, or something.
I have my inspiration for your boat, but I seem to have lost the link on this PC. Later.

As a base, yachts have 10 luxery living ammenities, and Im removing 2 of those and changing 4 remaining to middle, so you get to fight over who gets the nice cabins.
Lindt
Ok, here is the official announcement.

Id like to see charcters from anyone interested in playing by early next week. Im also pushing the start date back a week to April 10th.

I like to have at least a week, preferable more, to help with the debugging process.

So by tuesday morning (EST) barring any unforseen problems, Im closing recrutment and advancing on to devolpment.
Callidus
Okey dokey, will try to get it all over to you either over the weekend or Monday at the latest. Would you prefer the sheet posted in spoiler tags or email/pm'ed over to you?
Lindt
Posted w/ spoiler tags.
HMHVV Hunter
Hmmm...I guess I could raise my lifestyle to Middle, if it would be on the boat. I just tend not to take a lifestyle that my character doesn't have enough money to pay a month for after creation, but being as we're smugglers, I could probably raise it.
Chance359
I should have between 50 and 100K to contribute to the fund. My character should be up by sunday.
Lindt
This should make you happy HH. As per the rules in R3r, a lifestyle thats relying on living ammenities is only 10% of normal (so the high staterooms would be a piddly ¥1,000 a month, while the middle crew cabins are ¥500).

Im going to assume that this ship can carry 2 months worth of supplies, so it will really only come up when you all need to resupply. (At full capacity 2 months of supplies will run about ¥10,000, depending on the location. Please note that this does NOT include fuel.)
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Lindt)
This should make you happy HH. As per the rules in R3r, a lifestyle thats relying on living ammenities is only 10% of normal (so the high staterooms would be a piddly ¥1,000 a month, while the middle crew cabins are ¥500).

Ah, cool! I'll take one of the high cabins then! smile.gif
Callidus
Hmm run into a minor issue with the avail cap at 6 I can only get a VCR 1.... not sure if that was intentional but I'll run with it *8-> oh and I'm planning on about 250,000 nuyen to go to the boat btw *8->
Callidus
K got the rigger put together and will post here tomorrow.... right now it waaaaay past passing out time *8->
Chance359
Name: Henry Mercer
Background: to be fleshed out tonight along with 20 questions.

build points
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Bio/cyber
[ Spoiler ]

Equipment
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Wounded Ronin
Well, here's my character.

[ Spoiler ]
Glyph
Here's Ziptide. I fine-tuned his gear and managed to get 20,000 to contribute towards the ship.

[ Spoiler ]

hyzmarca
Two Questions. Is SURGE allowed and how much would you charge to dikote a set of cyberfins?
Chance359
[ Spoiler ]
HMHVV Hunter
Alright, I'm gonna do the 20 questions thing for Mal.

[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
[ Spoiler ]

Waiting an okay from Lindt about this one as I might have gone a bit nuts on edges/flaws as I tend to avoid them like the plague *8-> 20 questions in me next post and hopefully a bigger background to Lindt tonight..... I hope evil lack of brain for background striking again *8-<

Also just remembered that some ED might be a good idea but no books on me atm so will see if I can squeeze one or two in when I get home *8->

[edit] Crap forgot contacts and Knowledge and Language skills.... in now [/edit]

[edit2]Gah forgot Surge Effects *8-<[/edit]

[edit3]Moded for Rigger 3 Errata[/edit]

[edit4]Got the Chronic Ost armour cost mod wrong, now corrected[/edit]

[edit5]Forgot to lidt Edges/Flaws[/edit]
Lindt
Hyzmarca, yes, but be frugal with your SURGE's, and I dont have any clue, make it up and convince me its right.
Lindt
Chance: Mercer (Hank)
Only a SL 1? Any reason?

Robin: Tomokazu
Thank you for making my monday morning.
Seems a bit front loaded. By that I mean he's dumb as a post and has the social skills of a retarded wasp, but super human in all other respects.
Great list of skills, but your eating a TON of build up on them.
Especally since you have no gear at all. What kind of ninja dosent even have his own sword (hell what kind of pirate dosent have his own gun either?)
Ill let you change unarmed to Nijutsu, just because having an excuse to toss the ocassional ninja in makes me happy.
Your on a luxery yacht, there is no street lifestyle to be had. The crew cabins are cheap anyway, and very comfterable.

HMHVV: Mal
Excelent, someone with a Negotiation skill. And a good one at that.

Glyhp: Ziptide
Woo, Oxygenate!
I take it the low lifestyle is somewhere not on board?
How is Zip distinctive?

Callidus: ??
Lynx is avil 8
Strato-9 is avil 8
Ares Guardian is Avil 11
(and dont try and pull that buy an LS for the MMG and put it somewhere else, ya twink =p)
120 HE gernades? Trying to start your own little war?
Sure, get a VCR 2.
Callidus
Hmmm, okay I'll check Rigger 3 again, was sure they were all at avail 2 or 3 (which in my mind is seriously whacked but hey) I'll rejig it and repost it tonight when I got my books in front of me. The 120 grenades was a bit of a 'try not to run out..... ever...' and having too much cash kicking about *8-> I'll sort a different load out for the drones, I just hate the MMG on the strato.... even if i didn't want it for another drone I'd dismount it.... stratos are too fragile to go combat, but the sensors rock *8->

Sorry for a dodgy character I try to reigh in my twinkness honest *8-> That and being outta SR for a while but that's just excuses I'll fix it tonight *8->
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012