Thyme Lost
If a normal commlink has:
QUOTE (Page 318)
music player, micro-trid/holo projector/“touch-screen”
display, camcorder, microphone, image/text scanner, RFID
tag reader, GPS (global positioning system, triangulated
from registered local wireless nodes), roll-up Velcro-fastening
keyboard, chip player, credstick reader, retractable earbuds,
voice-access controls, and a shock and water-resistant case.

What doesn't/does an internal commlink have?

An internal commlink has a capacity of [2].
I assume that it can only be put into cyber limbs.
Does anything think that it can be put into a Cybereye or Cyberear?
Either would have enough capacity.

Thyme...
Dranem
Provided the ware component has enough room for the commlinks capacity, I suppose you could put it in your eye or ear...

Things I would see that you would need as modifications:
Image Link (not needed for eyeware install)
Sound Link (not needed for earware install)
Skinlink mod to access other devices (such as the roll-up keyboard)
Datajack (replacement chip player)
Holo Projector (should you want to use that feature, skinlinked or wireless through internal commlink)
Subvocal Microphone

Unless the GM approves the fact that the extra 2k ¥ is what pays for all this modifications and no extras are needed. Though I wouldn't add the Datajack as a free purchase, but that's just me.
nick012000
An implanted commlink has an Essence cost of .2, so you don't have to stick it in a cyberlimb.

I would say that you can only put eye/ear mods in your cybereyes/ears.
ludomastro
QUOTE (nick012000)

An implanted commlink has an Essence cost of .2, so you don't have to stick it in a cyberlimb.

Yes; however, the [2] means that you could put it in the limb.

QUOTE (nick012000)

Agreed.

QUOTE (Dranem)

Unless the GM approves the fact that the extra 2k ¥ is what pays for all this modifications and no extras are needed. Though I wouldn't add the Datajack as a free purchase, but that's just me.

As GM I assume the 2k nuyen.gif covers these mods; however, I also require a separate datajack.
Brahm
QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 21 2006, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (nick012000)

Agreed.

Yah, the Capacity rating of cybereyes, cyberears, and their associated enhancements is effectively a different unit of measurement that happens to use the same name. I'd let them put it in the Cyberskull though. Just commlink by itself would fill up the capacity of a non-obvious skull, which seems about right.
Butterblume
QUOTE (Alex)
As GM I assume the 2k nuyen.gif covers these mods; however, I also require a separate datajack.

Which is only needed if you want to plug in, and, perhaps, skinlink. After all, with the commlink you're wireless capable wink.gif.

Related Question: What would an alpha-grade commlink cost?
4000+price of commlink, or (2000+price of commlink)*2
Dranem
Wireless capability or skinlink don't allow you to read chips... you'd need some sort of chip reader.

Alphaware would be Implant*2 + commlink. The actual commlink isn't any different in alphaware, just the operation was performed better, hence using up less essence.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Dranem)
Wireless capability or skinlink don't allow you to read chips... you'd need some sort of chip reader.

Alphaware would be Implant*2 + commlink. The actual commlink isn't any different in alphaware, just the operation was performed better, hence using up less essence.

Id say you double both costs since you streamline the design and use more essence friendly material in the actual hardware of the commlink itself. The TOTAL cost of the item is the cyberware, not just the basic cost.
Abschalten
You're probably better off eating the .2 and getting it implanted in your arm or something. That way you can at least have access to it to swap out component parts for upgrades, or slot chips in it. If you put that shit in your skull or (god forbid) in your eye or ear, well, I don't want to think about how you'd try to get that fresh new Response 8 in it short of going down to the street doc again (and having him charge you for your time.)
Azralon
QUOTE (Abschalten @ Mar 22 2006, 04:17 PM)
If you put that shit in your skull or (god forbid) in your eye or ear, well, I don't want to think about how you'd try to get that fresh new Response 8 in it short of going down to the street doc again (and having him charge you for your time.)

Why, that's what Turn to Goo is for!

No. Not really.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012