Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Spell Conversions Guidlines to SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Flash
I realize the Magic book will be out eventually, but we are playing 4th Ed. now so...

Did a quick search and I haven't been able to find any guidelines to converting SR3 to SR4 spells. Can anyone point me in the right direction if I happen to miss these posts or pages.

Specifically I'm looking for the the Glue spell. It's the spell my Rat Shaman uses the most. biggrin.gif Or as he's come to call it: Gum Shoe.
Azralon
There's definitely a reverse-engineering thread somewhere in here from a couple of months ago. The combat spells were easy. The manipulation spells were hard.

I know I made a few posts in it, so I have some available search parameters to try.

... Here we go.

I recommend poking through the old spell design rules to start building a conversion framework.
Flash
Thanks Azralon! That thread was very helpful.

Here's what I've come up with so far (I basically reverse engineered SR4 Levitate):

Glue (Physical)
Type: P • Range: LOS • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 1
Glue fuses two objects together while sustained. If the object/person is attempting to resist an item being held by a living being, make an Opposed Test between the the caster's Magic + Spellcasting test vs. the holder’s Strength + Body. The caster must have at least 1 net hit to glue the two items together.

Thought about making the Drain (F ÷ 2) as it's only Glue.

Opinions?
Flash
Oops. Accidently posted twice.
Azralon
Happy to help. smile.gif
Kremlin KOA
I cast glue on Goku and Vegeta
Dashifen
QUOTE (Flash)
Glue (Physical)
Type: P • Range: LOS • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 1
Glue fuses two objects together while sustained. If the object/person is attempting to resist an item being held by a living being, make an Opposed Test between the the caster's Magic + Spellcasting test vs. the holder’s Strength + Body. The caster must have at least 1 net hit to glue the two items together.

I assume you mean the character's original Magic + Spellcasting test, right, not that the caster casts it once, but rolls again if a person wants to break free?
Flash
Correct. Only cast once. I didn't word that very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012