Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Militech anyone?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Link

These guys were involved in the recent SCRAM jet tests, too.

FlakJacket
Ah yes, selling off the family jewels one more piece at a time.
Backgammon
Yeah, this the company owned by MI6. Fun stuff.
SL James
A defense contractor. Wow.
Ophis
Weird, I've seen one of their sites, up on the north cumbrian coast on an old testing range. How odd.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (SL James)

I suppose if you wanted a Shadowrun angle for these guys then there's always the Anglo-Japanese suborbital Ghost that turned up in 2003 in the timeline. Well that's what I thought of when I read about their testing the experimental Hyshot III scramjet out in Australia along with the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency in this story. From a purely pulling things out of my arse perspective, I figure by the 2050's these guys would be taken over by somebody like Integrated Weapon Systems, Hawker-Siddley or maybe even Transys Neuronet since they also do a lot of non-weapons related research.

QUOTE (Ophis)
Weird, I've seen one of their sites, up on the north cumbrian coast on an old testing range. How odd.

Not really. They've got a fairly long term contract with the MoD to maintain their different military ranges and since it's the armed forces I'd reckon a lot of what they look into and evaluate might have to do with things going bang or related to it.
emo samurai
Dude, how many of these threads have you posted?
FlakJacket
At least he's posting things that look interesting and trying to spark some discussion. When the the largest, and seemingly most active, thread in the Shadowrun forum is the bloody Drop Bear one you know that things aren't looking all that great IMO.
JongWK
QUOTE (SL James)

Not so much "wow" as "hmm, I could use a few ideas from their stuff."
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Dude, how many of these threads have you posted?

I thought emo was making some kind of joke.
FlakJacket
Now that I look at it like that he could well have been. Apologies for any offence I might have caused emo.
emo samurai
Were you insulting me or the Drop Bear thread? I'm confused...
Ophis
Both, I think. Which leads to a quandry, by defending the honour of the Drop Bear Thread we have to defend your honour Emo. Which seems almost wrong, y'know wink.gif
emo samurai
What's wrong with defending my honor? My honor is 73|-| 4vv350|\/|3.
Ophis
My point exactly...
FlakJacket
It was more that my reply could have been taken as having a bit of a go at emo. I still think that the Drop Bear thread should be locked and allowed to sink down into the abyss of old threads. Because really, what does it exactly contribute to the forum? Aside from mind numbing inanity that is.
DocMortand
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
It was more that my reply could have been taken as having a bit of a go at emo. I still think that the Drop Bear thread should be locked and allowed to sink down into the abyss of old threads. Because really, what does it exactly contribute to the forum? Aside from mind numbing inanity that is.

And your thread jacking isn't? nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012