Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC - Shadows of Manchester.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Thanee
Scarlet leans over to Calico and says: “It's one-hundred thousand.”

“Alright. Let me say, that your offer is quite generous; and it means, that you certainly are aware of the difficulties involved. How will we be able to contact you, when we are finished with our investigations and ready to set up a new meeting, or when anything happens, that requires your attention or any special expenses?”
Gretik
"I have already said, if you need to contact me - talk to my friend in the front of the shop."

He shifts in his chair and leans further back into the smoke, there is a small flash - looks like he has struck a match against something. A faint smell of cigar smoke wafts over.

"I hope you don't mind."
Thanee
Scarlet nods. “Sure.”

“Ok, guess we are clear then. At least up to the point, where we deliver the information.”
Noia
"Needle in a stack of needles, not the easiest of jobs. Do you have an suggestions as to where we begin the legwork?"

Ivan does seem to be thinking quite heavily, and noticably so.
Wolfen
Jason also seems to be deep in thought, his eyes wandering back and forth between Ivan and the Johnson.

'Finding this place may not be the hard part' he thinks, 'finding it without sending out a great big warning to the target is going to be tough though. '

Continuing the thought, he muses to himself, 'Maybe we should go for an Indian tonight, looks like we'll be eating Chinese for a while...'
Gretik
The Johnsen replies to Ivan,

"I would advise you to begin finding one of the fronts of the operation, here in Rusholme - then trace the structure of the organization in order to remove it effectively and systematically."
Thanee
“Good, then let's get to work. There's more than enough of it waiting for us!”

Scarlet slowly stands up, and then swivels the chair back around with a quick and precise motion.

“Or is there anything else?”

If not, she will head back to the front of the restaurant and ask the man there for a phone number or other means of getting in touch with him and through him the Johnson.
Noia
If you know Russian.
[ Spoiler ]

I bid thee farewell Mr.Johnsen, you will be hearing from us soon.

((Unless theres anything else that needs to be done, Ivan lead the group out, picking up whatever we require to get the job done etc...))
Ophis
Finally, we can get started thinks Calico.
"Well, sweetie, I'm sure we'll have all you want sorted before you know it." she says once more the piece of fluff who entered the meeting, "Okay Ivan honey, you seem to have done this before, so where do we start. I presume I'd best gets us some spiritual backup, then hit the streets and she what I can stir up." She offers no real doubt on how she'll do that.
"Hey Jason we'd best leave the meal till later. Scarlet some back up and cover for street work and binding if you would."
BlackHat
Dr. Crow follows his collegues out of the back room. As connectivity is restored to his commlink he begins to feel much better. Now, at least if the office needs me, they can get ahold of me, he thinks to himself. To be honest, he would have been a lot more comfortable spending an evening in his office surfing the matrix, but there was something about moonlighting as a Shadowrunner that drew him to steamy chinese restaurants in the middle of the night instead of at home, in a nice warm bed with a wife. At least the job sounds fairly straightforward. He pulled his white coat tight before heading out into the relentless rain again. Rather open-ended... but 'straightforward'.

Crow opened the door for the rest ofthe team (any of them who lagged behind anyways) and waited for them all to leave before doing so himself. He kept his mouth shut until they were out of the building and even then all he had to say was, "... so, where do we start? We've got a lot of ground to cover, so I suggest splitting into small teams."
Gretik
The second any of you leave the back room, connectivity is restored - just to be clear on that, several of you have normal messages waiting for you but nothing of any actual importance. Mostly advertisements and spam mail.
Wolfen
Jason gets up to leave the rest of the team. As usual he trails near the back of the group, a thoughtful expression on his face.

As Calico speaks he looks up, still smiling but with a slight frown on his face he nods to Calico. He waits until the door has closed behind them before speaking quietly.

"Are we going to have a quick chat about how we'll be going about this before we disappear into the night?"
Thanee
Scarlet nods towards Calico. “Ok, I will watch your back, while you do your magic stuff.”

“As for what to do, I will try to compile a list of all establishments, that fit the description tonite, and then I could start poking around a bit in the Matrix to see, which of them might be worth a closer look.”
Veskrashen
Merrick looks up from his bowl of noodles as the door opens.

"Trust the meeting went well, then? All quiet on the Western front out here. Noodles aren't half bad either."
Thanee
“Well... well... it was alright, but there are still some issues to be fixed. For now we are good.”

Merrick's commlink gets a request to open up a secure connection from Scarlet. If he accepts...
[ Spoiler ]
Ophis
Everyone's commlink will recieve a request from Calico to set up a networked call.
"If we're going to do this all ourselves, we could do with some friend along. To do that I'll need some money, and a bit of time to track down the materials thru a friend. But I can get us a decent amount of back up for about 15k. It'll take me a few days to get it already but hey, this job is not looking like a quickie."

As she finishes the message she'll breifly concentrate.
Veskrashen
Merrick quickly reviews the data that Scarlett sent, wincing slightly at the interference.

"Interesting job. I've got some ideas of where to start at least... though that really depends on how they're running their operation."
Thanee
“I also got an idea, where to start... not here! Let's go to someplace. Any suggestions?”
Wolfen
Jason Nods at Calico

"Agreed, no sense in rushing into this when the actual work is going to to take a few days to bear results anyway. Saving minutes now won't make a difference but a little planning might."

After Scarlett speaks Jason thinks a minute before a grin spreads across his face.

"Get a chinese?" biggrin.gif
Thanee
“For some reason, I think, that we will hear this line a lot in the near future...”
BlackHat
Dr. Crow looks around the group to see if anyone has any ideas. He sure as hell doesn't.
"Well, it sounds like Calico has a plan for some of the money. I say we give it to her. Back-up will probably be important for this mission." He pauses for a moment, "As for where to regroup, anyplace is as good as the next, to me."
Ophis
Over the commlinks
"Lets get away from this part of town, for the moment. To many people may be listening, or have a vested interest if they overhear us by accident."
Thanee
“Agreed. Let's relocate. Besides, it's still raining.”
Ophis
"Sweetie this is Manchester it's always raining."
Wolfen
Jason just grins at Scarlett's comment about rain.

"Let's hit someplace off the usual Triad turf. The less we are seen together by anyone we may meet later, the better."

"If we have a couple of vehicles to get everyone there, I know a place over near Hulme we can get a drink and a quiet corner with no questions, unless someone has a better idea?"
Thanee
“A quiet corner, a drink, no questions, no rain. Sounds good. Got my bike parked around the corner.”
BlackHat
Dr. Crow enters a few commands into his commlink and calls his car to come pick him up. "Okay, do you need a ride Jason? Otherwise send me directions."
Gretik
Crow's car arrives in suitable due course, the rain is beginning to slacken off and the moon peaks a crescent smile through drifting clouds. The light skitters off of the water droplets running down the windscreen like so many little diamonds.

Traffic around this area of Rusholme is fairly heavy, so any cars travelling should expect to get caught in the traffic - motorbikes can probably wind their way through a little more quickly.

[Take it for granted that you each have a hide out or home of your own if you purchased anything above a street lifestyle, some of you may specifically have further venues to use noted down - if you'd like to get one pm me.]
Ophis
Grins at Jason, "Lay on macduff." She says, "Doc you cool with me riding shotgun?"
BlackHat
Doctor Crow nods at Calico, "Sure," As he does the doors to his luxury sedan pop open on both sides displaying an interior filled with all sorts of lights and buttons. "Hop in."
Ophis
Calico gracefully climbs into the passenger seat, flicking her hair over her shoulder to hang down her front, so as not to get the upholstery damp.
Wolfen
Jason taps at his commlink for a few seconds, sending directions out to those that need them. As he types he replies to Dr Crow.

"A ride would be great thanks.", He grins.

Diving into the back seat of the car Jason pulls out his commlink again and starts a call.

"'scuse me a minute folks."

For Gretik
[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
Doc looks at the remaining team - Ivan, Scarlet, and Merrick. "Anyone else need a lift? I got room for one more - two if you get cozy."
Thanee
“Thanks, I have my own bike here. Don't want to leave it behind.”
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012