Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beam Principle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bustedkarma
So yeah, I haven't played PnP games in almost 15 years, and after trolling MERCILESSLY for the last month, and soaking up everything I could find on SR, I bought SR4 today.

While it's a MUCH different game than the one I remember, flipping through the book took me back to my roots.

Anyway, on the topic of source material:

There is a TON of books out there, and I have NO IDEA whats worth picking up?
Any reccomendations for GENERAL material that could be applied to almost any game?

Ancient History
The Lone Star Sourcebook, the Sprawl Survival Guide, and Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book, while all of previous editions, contain material that easily crosses over to and can be relevant toward 4th edition.

Plus, they're a good read.

Upcoming will be Runner Havens, which you should consider getting as well.
Kanada Ten
System Failure has some of the best fiction this game has seen, but it's an uber-over-the-top apocalypse - or I guess I should say Ragnarok...
bustedkarma
Danke.

And, if by any chance your the Web Lord over at The Ancient Files, thank you.
Your article on Bug Spirits, The Artifact List, and annotated version of "The Will" sealed the deal on bringing me back to SR.

So thanks for that.
SL James
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
System Failure has some of the best fiction this game has seen, but it's an uber-over-the-top apocalypse - or I guess I should say Ragnarok...

That's funny. I think it's a pretty tame apocalypse.

It's a shame two of my players disappeared in my post-Crash campaign. One of them was about to wander into the aftermath of a food riot in Renton.
Ancient History
QUOTE (bustedkarma @ Mar 30 2006, 12:27 AM)
Danke.

And, if by any chance your the Web Lord over at The Ancient Files, thank you.
Your article on Bug Spirits, The Artifact List, and annotated version of "The Will" sealed the deal on bringing me back to SR.

So thanks for that.

Thank you.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (SL James @ Mar 29 2006, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Mar 29 2006, 06:26 PM)

That's funny. I think it's a pretty tame apocalypse.

Well, I would agree. But that's not exactly what I meant, either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012