Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR5
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Valentinew
So I kept expecting some form of April Fool's Day thing.

Failing that, I'll just post my own.

Did I make you look?

Anyway, what's everybody else done to their friends & others for April 1?
Cochise
QUOTE (Valentinew)
So I kept expecting some form of April Fool's Day thing.

Failing that, I'll just post my own.

Failure is acceptable ... Read my signature ...

Did I make you look?

More like "You made me wonder ... "

Anyway, what's everybody else done to their friends & others for April 1?

Nothing ... My humor usually turns sour when everybody expects to be targeted by stupid jokes ...
SL James
The saddest thing is that the CP! CCG is the best idea I've seen for SR in at least a year and a half.

BTW, if you want your SR5, consider this
ShadowDragon8685
So, what do you think those five special cards are?

Here's what I think:

Panther AC:
When you pull this card out, you have a Panther AC. You may use your single best skill to fire it. It has a full clip and lasts as long as you haven't used it's shots. You can't be disarmed of it, nor can it be targeted in any way by anything.

Edge Burner:
You designate any one target. No matter what or who it is, it's Edge attribute drops to 0, and it loses any Edge it had stored.

Edge Refill:
You gain Edge up to your maximum Edge Attribute.

Force 12 Great Spirt Form:
You instantly transform into a Force 12 Great Form spirit (your choice) with all the powers and stastics thereof. This transformation is permenant until you choose to end it, and you cannot be banished or bound, being essentially a Free Spirit, with no True Name.

Jack Sparrow:
You win. There is only one of these cards in circulation, but when you play the Jack Sparrow card, you win. The card is re-usable.
Lindt
As if the GenCon games arnt f-ud up enough! "Its a PAC in my pocket!"
emo samurai
Was that going to be a CCG?
ronin3338
Worst part for me is, I bought it.

I love the old CCG, thought the mechanics were different and well done, and still keep an eye out on eBay for booster boxes. When I saw this I was so happy to see another CCG, and so upset that it wasn't more of the original CCG, that I completely blew my Perception roll.

Obvious + Obvious (0) and I still blew the roll.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Lindt)
As if the GenCon games arnt f-ud up enough!  "Its a PAC in my pocket!"

Okay I'll bite, what's been so fucked up about the Con games of past? Of the ones I've seen they seemed okay. Just curious I guess. smile.gif
Kagetenshi
The entire concept. You're going to run something in four hours?

~J
FlakJacket
Four hours? Maybe for the one shots but the tournament is a fair bit longer than that from what I, hazily, remember. smile.gif
Adam
The Gen Con tournament is 3 rounds of 4 hours each.
Kender
And honestly, why not run something in 4 hours? I have had exceptional games full of RP and a decent story, run in 4 hours.
Paul
Plus renting the place for six months of games does seem a little expensive, doesn't it?

It's just supposed to be a convention to sell stuff not your group.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Four hours? Maybe for the one shots but the tournament is a fair bit longer than that from what I, hazily, remember. smile.gif

Most non-tourney con events are in fact mostly one-shot or "stand-alone episode" type events. Thus four hours is not unreasonable, much like a one-night runs in a home game.

Tourney events tend to be 2-4 sessions for four hours each.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012