Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hermetic seals.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I read on Ancient History's Page that if you get a hermetic seal on you, which, in reality, is just a ward attached to a tattoo, you can't astrally project out of it without first breaking through the ward. But the thing is, if you make a ward, you can allow whoever you want through it. What keeps you from doing this with hermetic seals? And could a person make a hermetic seal on himself and astrally project that way?

I'm sure that, under the new rules, this will be possible; magic seems to be getting more and more powerful and versatile, so I see no problem with this; thoughts?
hobgoblin
AH's creations are not canon rules by a long shot...
at best they are "pervertions" of existing rules in strange directions...
Ancient History
I beg to differ. The Outlandish Artifacts, at least, are perverted items that can be quite canonically crafted. That was the point.
hobgoblin
a personal ward? to me its stretching the warding rules so far its a hairline away from breaking...

just get a mana armor (personal range mana barrier) tattoed to your ass...
less likely to send a GM to the mental ward...
Ancient History
Meh. I've seen ward rules interpretations that make that little Hellblazer ripoff seem tame.

Anyways, no worries. They're all for 3rd Edition anyway.
emo samurai
Wouldn't having a personal ward that walks around with you basically make you immune to magic? I would totally allow it, then give it to NPC's.
Jaid
not immune, no. highly resistant, perhaps, but not immune.
emo samurai
Either way, you are AWESOME.
Seven-7
Hermetic Seal: A baby awakened Seal that resists drain with Logic+Willpower.

Duh.
emo samurai
That's a permanent mana barrier. I am SO allowing this. It would, of course, destroy magic as we know it, but meh.
Dranem
QUOTE (emo samurai)
That's a permanent mana barrier. I am SO allowing this. It would, of course, destroy magic as we know it, but meh.

Nothing else seems to limit your outlandish ideas, why stop here Emo?
James McMurray
Ah, the goold old fashioned mud slinging. What would the internet be wihtout it? smile.gif
emo samurai
ANTIMAGIC BARRIER!!!! ELF-DRAKE-MINDFLAYERS!!!! RAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Brahm
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 3 2006, 12:29 AM)

Destroy magic as we know it? That's a bit much. A "permanent" barrier is more than possible just using the Barrier spell and the Quicken metamagic.
Azralon
Or, hey, start lining your outerwear with biofiber.
Brahm
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Meh. I've seen ward rules interpretations that make that little Hellblazer ripoff seem tame.

Anyways, no worries. They're all for 3rd Edition anyway.

For now. With the impending Street Magic release SR4 will likely be graced with the divine presence of Imp infested AirJesus Sneakers. biggrin.gif
Brahm
QUOTE (Azralon)
Or, hey, start lining your outerwear with biofiber.

"What is that alarm?"

"Damn, another astral mage trying to penetrate my shorts!"

rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012