Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a couple ideas to bounce around
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
I had a couple ideas I qwanted feed back on.
One is a negative quality.... I know that personal code was discussed sometime ago, but I came up with a new one (Maybe, I wasn't part of the forum back then)
(Robin) Hooder- 10 pt's per level: for each level, the character must donate 25% of his money to a charity... the character shouldn't get any benifits from this donation (except maybe sl. increase to loyalty rating of 1 low connected contact.) Furthermore, the character must take jobs from certain "charities (to be worked out by the gm and the player)
My other idea is an assensing focus. same yen and karma bonding cost as a summoning focus but each level adds a die to your assnsing tests. Won't be that great for players, but npc cops would find it exceptionally usefull
Backgammon
Hmm, those aren't half bad.
Dashifen
I love the assensing focus idea. That's golden.
emo samurai
You could still use a power focus to help you mask, but yes, this evens things out between security guards and initiates quite a bit.
Shadowmeet
I admit that the assensing focus really strikes me as cool. And it will put a little fear into the players. Muhahahaha
fool
yeah I think it could have some use to a player too.. our johnson is really nervous lets soak him for mor yen.... hey runner buddy looks like last tiem you visited your joy toy, you picked up a nasty case of the clap better get down to the free clinic.... etc
James McMurray
If there is an assensing focus, wouldn't someone invent a masking focus?
Shadowmeet
Eventually, but it's more like the rising progression of technology. To counter something, or to build off of a new idea, takes time, money, and experimentation.

So eventually yes, but right then, depends on how advanced certain people have gotten.

What if someone has just figured out this assensing focus, but before it goes public, the runners have a chance to get a hold of one of the prototypes.

Could be a great adventure.
Waltermandias
Assensing focus = good damn idea. Assensing focus also = stolen by me right now!

*puts idea in big folder marked "Stolen ideas that make me look hella smart to my friends since they don't read the DS forums."* biggrin.gif
Shadowmeet
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I plan on stealing it too.
ronin3338
*sends hordes of tiny ninjas to pilfer/purloin/snatch/grab/copy folder from Waltermandias*
Dranem
QUOTE (James McMurray)
If there is an assensing focus, wouldn't someone invent a masking focus?

Only that Assensing is a skill where as Masking is a Metamagic ability... very different there...
Considering that there are already Foci to boost magical skills, this Quality makes perfect sense to me.
James McMurray
I would hate to be the guy about to release these things to the market just as a highly secretive group of magical initiates finds out.
Kyoto Kid
How about a counterspell focus for non-spellcasters. It could be designed like an anchored item (of course when and if Street Magic finally comes out with the rules for anchoring spells again).
fool
my gm offered an expendable counter spelling focus for mundanes that cost 2,500/lvl. THe problem is that it is still only applicable to a single type of spell so they aren't that great of deal.
Another idea for a focus I had back in sr3 that I wanted to do was a divining focus... my yarrow sticks make me quite the fortuneteller. Each level adds one die to the divining test... can't wait till the magic book comes out.
emo samurai
But power foci cover pretty much everything!!!
Dv84good
QUOTE (fool)
(Robin) Hooder- 10 pt's per level: for each level, the character must donate 25% of his money to a charity... the character shouldn't get any benifits from this donation (except maybe sl. increase to loyalty rating of 1 low connected contact.) Furthermore, the character must take jobs from certain "charities (to be worked out by the gm and the player)

Ooh, I got a better one it's called Mob Debt-Variable. Must pay 500 yen per flaw point a month. If they fail to pay they meet the legbreakers or do a run for the syndicate.
emo samurai
They could kill the boss...
hyzmarca
Then another boss takes his place or worse, you get a negative quality of equal value of the GM's choice.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Apr 8 2006, 02:04 AM)
Then another boss takes his place or worse, you get a negative quality of equal value of the GM's choice.

I love that rule.

What happened to the enemy disadvantage? You can buy contacts, so why not buy (sell?) enemies?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012