Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Ship in a bottle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Lindt
This is the out of charcter post for ship in a bottle.

IC over morning coffee. Sorry for the delay, again.

Also, I am going to try something out. Seeing as this takes place on a mostly fixed location, Im going to finish a bit of drawing and link it so I we can keep track of where you are, where everyone else is, and a few other things.

Im also looking for a good clear atlas site, so if any of you happen to know one, let me know?

Lindt
And the IC start is up.
Callidus
Quickie question before I post ic, am I part of the crew already as per the warm rum thread or should I work on getting the drones to the boat myself? Just thought I'd check before posting and making an ass of myself *8->
Lindt
Your walking/driving/swimming to the location, having been accepted for the job.
Callidus
Okey dokey *8->
Ravor
A few questions;

(1) Is this a Play by Post Game or more of a Free Form Story game? (If the former, is it 3rd or 4th Edition?)

(2) Do we need to submit characters/backstories anywhere?

(3) What type of characters are encouraged/allowed in this game?

Thanks,
Lindt
Your like 3 weeks too late. This is a game in progress.

Sorry, but no more bets please.
Callidus
Okay not certain the resball can carry any of the wheeled drones but looking at the suggested weights by body and it payload it should be okay on weight.... can't remember the CF to volume ratio but I think that'll be okay but up to you Lindt, failing all else I guess it'll be a crate them and get DHL to deliver *8->
Lindt
You could always rent a van.
Callidus
Might have to, better start phoning around for prices *8->
Lindt
Rates

I love the internet.

HMHVV Hunter
Ah, being a poor shaman has it's advantages at times like these - like being able to travel relatively light smile.gif
Callidus
Cool find Lindt *8-> I guess that'll be the 10' Truck for 2 hours (?) which would be $19.95 + $0.69/mile.... so say 40 nuyen?
Lindt
Chump Change. I just like to put things in prespective. Such is the life of a drone rigger.

In case I didnt mention, and I dont think I did, Im going to be trying to post mon.wed.fri, depending on work. This week (and next week) are going to be all messed up with good friday, memorial day(Im kinda on the Boston marathon route), and me taking next friday off to go hit things with plumbing.
Callidus
Hehe I miss my good ol' FC Bison *8-> sounds like a good schedule, I'll try to post each day (if it's sensible too of course and the boss doesn't get too nosy *8->)
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah, I'll try to post every day if I can too. Right now though, I'm waiting for a description of what I see at the address, so I can't really do anything.
Glyph
Astral Perception:

[ Spoiler ]

I'll try to post every day, too. It will probably be later on the weekdays, though.
Callidus
Perception:
[ Spoiler ]

Lindt I'll assume the panel van's my drones and write that in, if not I'll edit it in a bit. Oh and I'm not certain how much I can post over this weekend got a double bank holiday roleplay session decending on me *8-> But I'll definately try to get at least a read in each day.
hyzmarca
Perception
[ Spoiler ]

The formal wear is going to present a problem for Sam. She doesn't have any and her appearance may present problems. She will attempt to negoiate her way around the problem, with the goal of exempting herself from the requirement without losing the job if possible or procuring some generic and unrevealing evening wear should the captain insist.

Negoation roll is
[ Spoiler ]
HMHVV Hunter
DIdn't think of doing that. I'll make that Negotiation roll too to see if we can work something out with this guy.

Dice: 5

[ Spoiler ]
Lindt
For the less important things, such as the not seeing any cars, Ill just put what you see up in a spoiler tag, so I dont need to see those rolls, and Im sure you wont cheat =p

Ill adress the out comes in a bit in the IC thred.
Chance359
Hank also doesn't have anything formal so I figure I'll borrow from the butler.

HMHVV Hunter
Lets see...a rich schmuck of a captain, heading to Commie country...

This could be interesting vegm.gif
Lindt
I suddenly wish I had a copy of Cyberpirates, or that SoLA had gotten published.

Also, a gentle reminder to disable .sigs in the IC posts.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Lindt)
I suddenly wish I had a copy of Cyberpirates, or that SoLA had gotten published.

Also, a gentle reminder to disable .sigs in the IC posts.

I actually have Cyberpirates, if you want something looked up.
Callidus
I guess we'll all be heading to the tailor not to look underdressed then as the best Spikes has is fine grade suit types, although I'm not even sure you could be tres chic with loads of holes in it *8->
Lindt
Im making a bit of a retcon to the date. Hope no ones minds.

New post went up.
Callidus
Fine by me *8-> Posted as well *8-> hopefully it's coherent but it's 4:48 am so brain mostly offline, I'll check and fix it (if necessary) tomorrow.
Lindt
Hyz, He didnt ask specifficaly for a diver. I did. =p
Ya got till lunch tommorow to fix it, or I adress it in my post.

Chance359
Since we have some time, I'd like to try to get a spanish lingsoft and background data on cuba.
HMHVV Hunter
Bumping this up so the game doesn't stall.
Callidus
Spikes'll be staying on the boat and getting the drones in hidden but accessible spots in case their needed. I'd float a Condor up to keep overwatch but I think that'd attract more attention than it's worth in this area *8-> Oh and he'll drop the rented van back to the local depot.
HMHVV Hunter
Mal is going to find a cabin, unpack his stuff, and stay on the boat for the night.
HMHVV Hunter
C'mon guys, let's keep this game going. Still got a few people that haven't said what they're doing, I think.
Callidus
Posted again, Lindt let me know if Soloman has any objections to the drone placement, etc and I'll edit the post to reflect it. I'll try to use either Stealth or Vehicle Stealth to hide the drones away so they're not noticeable around the boat and I'll chuck the rolls up as soon as I get home and have some dice available. Ditto for the B/R to reattach the LMGs (again unless Soloman wants them kept unarmed incase of searches)
Lindt
Sorry this took so long. I managed to mess myself up this weekend LARPing.
No, no objections to the drones. Infact he likes the idea of arial survaliance once he gets to the pier. But yeah, give me dice for hiding them around the boat.

I wont be posting tommorow, as I get to spend it at the orthopedic spec. and then being drugged to the gills. Wednesday Ill be kicking it into gear.

And HMH, check your PMs.

Callidus
Drone stealthing
[ Spoiler ]

Gunnery B/R to reattach LMGs, I think it's base time 1 hour but will check tonight
[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Hmmmm, only rules I can see for mounting guns on drones/vehicles is the Firearms Conversation Kit customization that takes base time 12 hours but that for converting the gun......
Lindt
Id say base time is 10 min. As long as the bits and peices are on the weapon (aka mounting the conversion kit) it should be pretty easy. So unless you see otherwise, 10 min.

So the Doc says nothing perment, just a little strained. IC kick in the pants to get this back on track tommorow.
HMHVV Hunter
Perception test (4 dice):

2, 2, 3, 4
HMHVV Hunter
Casting "Detect Enemies," trying to see if these guys are a threat.

Spell Force: 5
Target: 4 (I believe)

Dice: 5 + 2 (totem bonus) + 3 (Spell Pool) = 10

1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 17

Drain Resistance Test:
Dice: 5 (Willpower) + 2 (Spell Pool) = 7
Base Drain: 2M

3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5
Glyph
Perception test:

13, 08, 03, 03, 03, 01.
Lindt
Currently they are not hostile, though you will know before anyone else if/when they do. Providing you sustain it of course =)
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, I will sustain it then.

hyzmarca

Athletics/Swimming test
3, 1, 3

Stealth test
5, 4, 4, 1

And she got a 22 on the Perception test.
I really should have rolled the stealth test first.
Callidus
Stealth tests for the Condor's, more a 'I'm just another news drone' than 'I'm just a figment of your imagination' test hopefully *8->

Stealth 5 (7 for Vehicles)

Condor 1 : 1,1,3,3,4 (3,17)
Condor 2 : 2,2,2,2,11 (1,1)

Sensor tests for them at pier

Condor 1 : 1,2,15
Condor 2 : 1,1,4
Callidus
*Bump* come guys let's game *8->
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah, let's get it rolling again.
Lindt
*ducks* again, sorry guys. Turns out I DID break myself. Between that and finals I kinda missed friday. Ill have something up by lunch, as well as a special bonus!
Lindt
Your Bonus

I saw someone do a rather good job with this once, and intend to try it out. Since its to scale (or is on my end a least) I can give good mesurements for you on things.

And now to get that post up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012