Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd idea
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
Would it be reasonable to let the high velocity automatics combine the effects of -9 dodge dice and +9 DV by doubling the recoil?
Ophis
It might be a sensible way of doing it, but that is in no way REASONABLE!!!
James McMurray
No books handy, but it's a hell of a lot of recoil involved. It could probably be pretty easily abused though, assuming you could get enough fo it compensated to leave you some dice after the doubling.
Kremlin KOA
convert incendiary rounds rom SR3?
James McMurray
Which ones were they?
Kremlin KOA
the uber tracers made of willy pete, that could be loaded in to make recoil a non issue
James McMurray
Did they lower your damage value? Either we never used them because they were too cheesy or because our gun bunnies like their power and DL increases, because they don't sound familiar at all.
Kremlin KOA
no lowering of power
they were useless on SA weapons
but put them in a HV SMG and you got extreme cheese
combine them with real recoil comp (they provided -1tn per round used, not RC) and you suddenly got weapons that were TN2 at all ranges for your adept
James McMurray
Hmmm.... I can't see myself converting that any times soon. smile.gif
Kremlin KOA
well when the next gun book comes out, they will probably be there, with bells on
James McMurray
They may already be here, in the form of the new tracer rounds (which add dice but don't lower DV).
hyzmarca
The canon wa to convert HV would probably be to let the HV weapon cause -19 dice pool to dodge or +19DV but no combination of the two.

With the -19 dodge pool you may even be able to hit a twinked out dodge adept.
Kremlin KOA
for an 18 round burst
okay
-3 recoil for tracers
-6 for gyro
-3 for GV 3
-1 for first bullet
leaving me -5 dice to make the other guy -19 dice for their dodge
works for me
James McMurray
Probably -10 dice after the heavy weapons doubled recoil. Still a nice amount of dice.

Hyzmarca: how is that the canon way, since there are no canon rules for HV? Besides, who needs -19 dodge pool to hit a twinked out dodge adept? Just have lots of people fire at him. 2 long bursts from 4 people will ruin his day. smile.gif
Kremlin KOA
HVSMG and HVAR are not heavy weapons
James McMurray
If I were to convert them to SR4 they would be. If it spits out bullets twice as fast, it's a heavy weapon in my mind. At least until I've got an actual 4E rulebook to pull it from.
hyzmarca
By canon you either have a narror burst or a wide burst. You can't mix and match the features of both.
James McMurray
By canon you don't have HV weaponry either, only rules for standard burst and auto ones.
Kremlin KOA
it already gets additional recoil from the additional bullets
James McMurray
Like I said, that's how I would convert it. Firing twice as many rounds sounds like a heavy weapon to me. smile.gif
hyzmarca
To quote Yoda, that is why you fail.

It ain't a heavy weapon just because it fires more bullets. Firing more bellets just means that someone removed the insane 10-shot sear that is common to all Shadowrun firearms and replaced it with something that allows twice as many shots.
James McMurray
To quote Tolstoi, "who's this Yoda bastard?"
Kremlin KOA
considering the HV series used a lighter than usual round, making them heavy weapons is absolutely silly. hell they even had integral recoil compensation
NightHaunter
I'm seeing something like BF = Long Bursts.
and FA = +14DV or -14 dice dodge, with a base recoil mod of -14 dice.

After all they used to fire 15 rounds in SR3.

This seems to fit well with base RAW/Cannon.

They would however have a lower base damage as they fire Light pistol rounds.

So a Base of 4P/No Armour Pen seems fair.

Only the HVLMG counts as a heavy weapon.
Jaid
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
for an 18 round burst
okay
-3 recoil for tracers
-6 for gyro
-3 for GV 3
-1 for first bullet
leaving me -5 dice to make the other guy -19 dice for their dodge
works for me

don't forget the shockpad.
Shrike30
Throw on some cyberarm gyros to jack that number up some more, too... only 6 points of gyrocomp isn't enough. smile.gif

Honestly, were I to do a conversion, for balance purposes I'd discard the uber-ROF, and just say that they fire like normal automatics, but your recoil mods are halved due to the ROF being so high and the rounds being a small caliber, with suppressive fire being left unmodified. Modifying them before or after compensation kicks in would be the question... probably after for simplicity's sake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012