Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it had to be done.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nick012000
Why Dumpshock is now banned from our group.

Reason #1:

Serenity: Okay, let me see your character sheets. Good... Good... What? What in the frag is SwordFish Mustardball?

Obscura Maxima: It's a skill I found on Dumpshock?

Serenity: You and Mr. Surprise Lightning Bolt are going to have a long conversation.

Reason #2:

Serenity: Okay, why did you build your Adept this way?

Obscura Maxima: I saw it on Dumpshock?

Serenity: Okay, remember Mr. Surprise Lightning Bolt? His friend, Mrs. Large Falling Anvil, would like to continue the conversation.

Reason #3:

Serenity: Okay, the ally spirit approaches...

Obscura Maxima: Is it dikoted?

Serenity: Where the hell did you get such an idea? Nevermind, I already know. Rocks fall, you all die.

Obscura Maxima: But...

Serenity: ROCKS FALL, YOU ALL DIE.

LOL.
BookWyrm
Swordfish Mustardball
1. not an actual object/device/food item, this is a catch-all phraze/term used to intentionally cover up a moment of confusion, lack of information or just to confuse the user's opponent(s).
2. a nonsense word; in a similar concept as "Smeg", a nonsense word from the British sci-fi series Red Dwarf, created by Craig Charles (who plays 'Lister' in the series) used to replace censored foul language. ("Smegging", "Smegger", "Smeghead", ect.)

In other words, get over your d*mn self.

Send them THAT. :harumph:
Kremlin KOA
um smeg is a real vulgarity
Kagetenshi
No, it isn't—or rather, it wasn't when it was used in the show. It may have joined the language in some places, but it originated in that usage with Red Dwarf.

~J
Trax
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA @ Apr 11 2006, 09:57 PM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smeg

Heh, there's an actual corporation called Smeg.
Kremlin KOA
Actually it is an old british word meaning semen

a colloquial shortening of Smegma, with a slightly altered meaning

smegma is defined here
Kagetenshi
No, it is not an old British word meaning semen. It is, as you mention, an abbreviation for smegma (which, among other things, is not semen). It also was never used in the same context as the Red Dwarf version.

~J
Kremlin KOA
note to self. in future do not speak of the evolution of english words with americans
Kagetenshi
Did you read your own dictionary entry?

~J
ChuckRozool
Kage has a point there...
smegma, based on the definition given could be found on obese people, under their folds of fat...

oily secretion in the folds of the skin, just cause they mention foreskin doesn't automatically make it semen.

EDIT: PS - There are to many orange colored sigs in this thread. Anywho... just thought i'd share...
Kremlin KOA
yes
In addition I have heard both words in use before the creation of Red Dwarf
Grinder
QUOTE (Trax)

From Italy... twirl.gif
ChuckRozool
QUOTE (Grinder @ Apr 11 2006, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Trax @ Apr 12 2006, 04:17 AM)

From Italy... twirl.gif

...insert racial insult here... nyahnyah.gif
mfb
speaking of Italian companies with hilarious names, did you know that there is an Italian subsidiary of the Powergen company, whose website is powergenitalia.com? of course, it's protected by a password, now. the common man is simply not equipped to view the power genitalia.
Grinder
rotfl.gif

My first good laugh today, thank you! rotfl.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Apr 11 2006, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Trax @ Apr 12 2006, 04:17 AM)

From Italy... twirl.gif

...insert racial insult here... nyahnyah.gif

For Italy? I can't think of any... wink.gif

Not since yesterday, when little italian wanna-be dictator Silvio lost the election. biggrin.gif
blakkie
The Great Krass has graced DSF with his illustrious presence? eek.gif I can't find any "Krass" member.....names, the only Mayor listed is Mayor Willie Brown, and he isn't listed under his most common recreational nickname either "trick".

Come to think of it maybe Mayor Willie Brown is pretty close..... smile.gif

EDIT: No wait, that wasn't an offical Mayor Krass press release. Bummer.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (mfb @ Apr 12 2006, 02:06 AM)
speaking of Italian companies with hilarious names, did you know that there is an Italian subsidiary of the Powergen company, whose website is powergenitalia.com? of course, it's protected by a password, now. the common man is simply not equipped to view the power genitalia.

It is sad that The Mole Station Nursery (www.themolestationnursery.com) moved to themolerivernursery.com and Experts Exchange aded a hyphen in their URL. However, Pen Island can still be found at www.penisland.net, Therapist Finder dot Com is still running at www.therapistfinder.com and Who Represents has never been better at whorepresents.com.
Grinder
rotfl.gif

Never ever again will I drink while reading this thread or the Drop Bear one.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Trax)
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA @ Apr 11 2006, 09:57 PM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smeg

It's the initials of the Superior Machine Engineering Group, isn't it?
Trax
Smeg is Italy's largest manufacture of domestic kitchen appliances.

Smeg was founded by Vittorio Bertazzoni in 1948 as Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla (metal enamelling factory in the village of Guastalla, Reggio Emilia). The company is still in the hands of the Bertazzoni family, currently under the direct control of Roberto Bertazzoni. Its headquarters remain a short distance from Guastalla.
James McMurray
Now I know more about Smeg then I ever wanted to know (the company, I knew the rest already).
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Did you read your own dictionary entry?

~J

I thought I came up with something original.
Kagetenshi
Er?

~J
BookWyrm
Sorry, Kagetenshi, I thought you were talking to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012