Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cybereys
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AstroZombie
I had to make anew char of the week and decided to go for cybereyes. If (can?) I have both Thermographic and Lowlight vision, do I have them both on at the same time or is there a switch? Also how would this work with vision modifiers?

Thanks for any help.
James McMurray
They're always on. You use the best possible vison modifiers for the situation.
AstroZombie
ok, I was imaging something like the scene in the meat packing plant in predator 2
stevebugge
That's a good question actually. You can install as many options as you have money and either capacity or essence for. For rules simplicity I've always assumed that you could only have one vision mode available at a time for Lowlight, Thermal, and Ultrasound. Those could be used in combination with a smartlink, magnification, and enhancement. A recorder or retinal duplication could be installed without interfering. However I can't remember where an actual rule stating how many vision modifications can be active at once lives, so it may be possible to use thermographic and lowlight simultaneously, though I would think you would get the vision modifier for whichever one was more effective based on the situation.
Teulisch
you can have em all on. you can turn em off selectively. heck, you can get picture-in-picture. 'normal' view, thermo, and ultrasound, with room left for the smartgun to show ammo count.

The only time you want to use a selective type of view, would be if theres too much glare to compensate for, or something similar. using only thermo is good, if you want to check how visible you are in that spectrum.

Cybereyes(Rating 4)[flare comp, low light, thermo, smartlink, mag, VE 3, ultrasound sensor] alpha, 0.4e, nuyen.gif 33,500 [15/16] is my own recomendation.
AstroZombie
can you get ultrasound in cybereyes? I had to get glasses just for ultrasound.

right now I have CE4 with flare, LLV, Therm, Smartlink, VE 3 and Mag at 11/16 leaving room for a drone or duplication as needed.
Glayvin34
QUOTE (AstroZombie)
can you get ultrasound in cybereyes? I had to get glasses just for ultrasound.

Ultrasound is listed as a vision enhancement for cameras and such, but the implanted version is headware.
I could imagine a little ultrasound transceiver mounted on the side of a camera or other sensor array, but I can't imagine it in an eye that is supposed to pick up electromagnetic frequencies. I always saw the headware ultrasound as a third eye in the middle of the forehead. Anywhere else on the body just wouldn't give a good LOS.
I guess you could have one eye for ultrasound and one eye for everything else, though. Depends on the GM, of course.

And I always thought you could use all the vision enhancments at once, the aforementioned PIP would work, or just false-color to represent thermo, grayscale overlay for ultrasound pickup, the possibilties are limited only by your imagination.
Edward
Thay default to all no at the same time but thay can be turned off indevidualy.

Having them all on allowed you to select the best vision mods for light levels however it also subjectsyou to mor sorses of glare.

For example. I am walking around in moonlight so low light gives me the best modifiers, I move into an aria of total darkness so now ultrasound gives the best image, I walk around the corner and thee is a high intensity space heater throwing thermal glare all over the place, I take that penalty as long as the thermal is active even tho I’m still getting a better darkness modifier for ultrasound.

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012