Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Losing controlof cyber blades
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Daddy's Little Ninja
As I understand it spurs and razors pop out on command, a flex of muscle right?

I know the damage system is not that clear but I was thinking of role play:

But what happens if control is lost? I mean like a wound to the arm does nerve damage- do the blades just pop out? If they were out do they stay out,unable to retract?

What if you lose control in an act of passion (I said NWS) which is the goal, to loss all control. could you potential add damage? You hear about people in rl tearing sheets or covers with mortal hands. What is blades pop out? I think we might need a new discription of "safe sex."
Shrike30
Some of your effects of damage sound pretty reasonable... i've seen injuries that have caused various odd positioning of extremities (when you've severed the tendon on one side and the muscle on the other is cramped, you can't really help but make a claw with your hand), so I can see the same kind of thing being true for ware in that part of the body. Damage does unpredictable things.

As for "staying safe," you KNOW matrix stories abound about that kind of thing happening all the time... I wonder if they build a safety (like on many other types of weapon) into spurs that requires a fairly deliberate act to disengage, should you have bothered to turn it on in the first place?
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Apr 14 2006, 02:39 PM)

As for "staying safe," you KNOW matrix stories abound about that kind of thing happening all the time... I wonder if they build a safety (like on many other types of weapon) into spurs that requires a fairly deliberate act to disengage, should you have bothered to turn it on in the first place?

Or use some kind of voice command to pop them out (like they do with the Cyber-Enhancements of Strike Force Zero in the old World of Darkness). Then again, that would sorta kill the stealth factor...
hyzmarca
I assume that cyberblades can be removed for maintaince and safety using a hex wrench or some specialized tool. This way, police can disarm suspects, blades can be sharpened, and you can avoid stabbing your partner during sex.

It should also be possible to mechanically lock retracting mechanisms in cases where they malfunction.
Kanada Ten
Blades make a great addition to any after-date activities, just remember to roll on an extra rubber cover for each.
Shrike30
*shrugs* Hell, not everyone would want the cover, but that is neither here nor there...

Hyz, you've got a good point. I think I'm going to rule that spurs usually have a mechanical locking override of some sort, even if it's a magnetically-turned screw somewhere in mid-spur (for those of us with spurs but no cyberarm).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012