Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th, 6th, 7th worlds?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowDragon8685
I'm kind of confused. I know that people are drawing all sorts of links between ED and SR, and that it kind of can't be helped since the people responsible for both did it...

But where are the links between Shadowrun and Battletech? Also, isen't a mana cycle something like 6000 years or more? Certainly you'd still be in the upswing of the 6th world in 3060.

I'm really curious here, though, because I like the idea of a Great Form Earth spirit going head-to-head with a Blood Asp. (Preferably C, for all those lovely LBX/AC20s.)
HMHVV Hunter
Nah, those two worlds are completely separate.

Remember, in 2005 in Battletech, the Crippen Station incident occured (when the Star Wars-like ABM defenses destroyed all nuclear missiles fired at Western targets by Russia). Nothing like that happened in 2005 in SR.

That's just one thing I can cite; I'm sure i can name a few more if I can remember enough of BT history.
ShadowDragon8685
Ah, okay.

Still that is a cool idea, isen't it? A 100-tonner Battlemech going head-to-head with a big mother'n great form spirit. smile.gif
Ancient History
Weellll, there WAS that little incident in 2009...
Trax
Apparently BT is also a game in SR, with big stadiums or some such for it, held in VR of course though.
stevebugge
Hmmm, revive the Mechwarrior game with magic and dragons. Interesting idea.
Platinum
Use a mech to kill horrors!!! muahahaha .... now I know we will win.
Grinder
Nooooooooo!!!! Stop it! Not this thread too!

ohplease.gif
James McMurray
What, horrors might show up in Shadowrun? wink.gif
hyzmarca
Enforcement Mech 209. Just think about it. Who needs piloted mecha when you have remote control technology and robot pilots?

With a sufficiently intelligent robot pilot the EM 209 can put Lone Star and Knight Errant out of business.

Imagine, a team of shadowrunners tries to illegally entire a corporate stronghold but their task is interrupted by a 100 ton combat drone. "Drop your weapons and put your hands up", commands the EM 209. The shadowrunners, wet their pants, drop their guns, and touch the sky.

"You have 20 seconds to comply", the machine informs the hapless criminals who continue to tremble before its awsome might. "15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" And then the Shadowrunners die and the Enforcement Mech turns its attentions toward a suspicious group of girl scouts. .
Trax
Those cookies contain Crack, and you know it!
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Imagine, a team of shadowrunners tries to illegally entire a corporate stronghold but their task is interrupted by a 100 ton combat drone. "Drop your weapons and put your hands up", commands the EM 209. The shadowrunners, wet their pants, drop their guns, and touch the sky.

"You have 20 seconds to comply", the machine informs the hapless criminals who continue to tremble before its awsome might. "15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" And then the Shadowrunners die and the Enforcement Mech turns its attentions toward a suspicious group of girl scouts. .

"Present hall pass!"
"Second request, present hall pass!"
"SECURITY BREACH! SECURITY BREACH!"
*Ratta tatta tatta tatta tatta*

nyahnyah.gif
Lindt
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Enforcement Mech 209. Just think about it. Who needs piloted mecha when you have remote control technology and robot pilots?

With a sufficiently intelligent robot pilot the EM 209 can put Lone Star and Knight Errant out of business.

Where they, because the friends in melee bonus is so damm important, kick its metal ass.
hyzmarca
Vehicle armor counts as hardened, remember. The girl scouts couldn't even scratch the the Enforcement Mech's bulwark.
Chance359
So they head down a nearby staircase and the thing follows and falls on its ass. Works well on Daleks too (with an exception).
toturi
Ahhh, the image of a 100 ton Daishi doing an astral Alpha Strike on a Named Horror.... EAT 4 Large Lasers and 2 AC 30s!

We need Mega-Atlas-Daishi-Fafnir-zoid now!
ShadowDragon8685
Fat Faffy....

Not even a Named Horror would stand a chance against an AStrike from those dual HvGauss. smile.gif...

Well, okay. A Named Horror would, but not an unnamed one.
Lindt
I still say the girls scouts would kick its ass.
Herald of Verjigorm
Hmmm.... if we take the armor step and define that as the basic BTech armor value....

Then come up with some new constructs built just to deal with mechs...

Drek that could be fun. You've got the 21 or so major human factions battling each other for whatever reasons they are using at the time and truly alien force that is simultaneously (secretly) backing some parts of the various factions and openly warring with all of them.

Toss in some flavor text about the colossal constructs generating interference that can be picked up on HPGs when being gated in and you have justification for the (meta) human forces actually being able to fight them off much of the time.

I may have to run that sometime.
[ Spoiler ]
Muskie
Well, seeing as most girl scouts in SR are chromed street sammies who just like to sell cookies, I don't see the mech having a chance.

oh. and daleks can fly, TYVM..

P.S: I hate you, herald.
toturi
Nova Cats as a Clan of Awakened. "The Novacat tells me the Horrors are going to strike here, khan. We can issue them a batchall and invoke safecon. Once they fire upon our troops in safecon we will delete them from the galaxy!"
Zeel De Mort
QUOTE (Ancient History)

Do tell...
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Zeel De Mort)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 14 2006, 09:33 PM)

Do tell...

I think he means the Lone Eagle crisis.
Ancient History
Aye.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (Trax)
Those cookies contain Crack, and you know it!

no wonder I couldn't eat just one
Zeel De Mort
Ah. That was nukes fired from north america to russia that mysteriously failed to detonate. Mystery = a big old spirit did it?

Not quite the spirit vs superdrone pay per view I was hoping for, but I'm with you now at least. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012